Sign in to follow this  
DirtyscumbagLith

Bandit? Or just playing the game?

I am in Kranostav last night, grabbing what food I can, but the town has clearly been gone through, but I am still finding the occasional item. My character is hungry tho- a yellow status bar. I head to the NE airfield and spot a player laying face down- I check his bag and he has a mosin rifle and a few bits of ammo- no food. I'm expecting to get sniped at any moment, but it never happens. I run around the hangar and check the ATC- no movement and it looks empt....ahhh, is that a backpack? Oh yes it is. I definitely see movement. Orange backpack moving ever so slightly.

I zoom in and see the guy slowly go outside the top of the ATC....he waits and gives me the opportunity I need....*BLAAAM* My first time using the mosin & a pretty far shot and very satisfying result. Down he goes. I continue to survey the area for about 20 seconds, no more movement. Doesn't look he was with anyone either.

I run to his body and see he has a ton of food. I grab it all. He has a ton of mosin ammo, I also take it all. I leave his m4, m4 ammo and all the items I dont need.

I disappear into the bushes like a super ninja.

I eat 6 cans of beans and get to a healthy status. Then I depart, off I go to Kranostav....

Bandit? Or doing what I need to do to survive?

• Like 1

Guess this was survival. You had to eat food, so you did what you had to do to survive.

Unless he shot at you first, you had no reason what so ever to kill him really. Simply put, you're a bandit! :)
Sure it's risky to try and make contact with a player, but if you don't, that's okey, but that makes you a bandit.

Edited by Wh1spY
  • Like 2

Im starting to think thats the right choice, but its a shame as he might have shared his food if you asked him. I would have shared if you asked me.

• Like 3

from the east hanger to the ACT door is a little over 100m hardly the shot of the century , you could of probably talked to them in DC and asked had they any spare food, given that the dude had 6 tins i'm sure they would of shared with you. however we will never know.

I reckon pretty much you go the the airfield you know its kill or be killed

• Like 2

i personally think there is only 3 things to do in the game, loot, be bored or kill

i loot, and kill and then be killed, then start all over, its all we can really do right now dont be mad, im a nice guy, just cause i kos doesnt make me a cunt irl or anything im just playing the game the way i want to and the way i enjoy playing, if you cant handle bandits dont play. This is the sort of game where you need to be watching all angles and preparing to cross paths with anyone who has any play style

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind KoS in games, since it gives me something to hunt. :)
Play however you want man.

Hmm.. Hunger yellow? So you killed a dude cuz you skipped lunch?

Or, he wasn't very smart and shouldn't have stopped out in the open?

A little of column A, a little of column B. :D  

• Like 1

Hungry players don't go to the Airfields :P

There are literally a ton of food scattered among the civilian houses.(Away from the milatary buildings)

You were a bandit. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Like others have said; you were about to die and the end result of what you did was not dying. This is a survival game after all :D

Hmm.. Hunger yellow? So you killed a dude cuz you skipped lunch?

Or, he wasn't very smart and shouldn't have stopped out in the open?

A little of column A, a little of column B. :D  

LOL!

I skipped brunch and felt like someone needed to die because of it.

The answer is obviously both. Just because you needed his stuff doesn't mean you're not a bandit.

"Bandit? Or doing what I need to survive?"

Hi.

I would say you were a bandit doing what you need to survive :lol:

Probably the right thing to do either way, the airfields and military bases aren't a particularly good place to make friends(though it can and does happen).

Regards.

Unless he shot at you first, you had no reason what so ever to kill him really. Simply put, you're a bandit! :)

Sure it's risky to try and make contact with a player, but if you don't, that's okey, but that makes you a bandit.

QFT.

But at least you had a reason and wasn't just doing it out of boredom (even then.. ehh, not like there's much else to do atm)