felo

Seasons

Very basic season could be done, i guess, by managing a temperature system, and the dynamic weather patterns, for a temporary system. I think, the sun already changes from summer to winter (from what i remember from mission editor). We can leave snow and different coloured leaves for later.

Reported.

EDIT: Just realised that the text is black and the OP is in fact not empty.

However this has been suggested before and i hope you use the search function in future. Welcome to the forums.

Be more friendly dude. just answer the guy no need to search-function reminders, threads are closed for a reason

Be more friendly dude. just answer the guy no need to search-function reminders, threads are closed for a reason

I reported it because i thought the OP was empty, therefore making it a useless post.

I was wondering if winter conditions are added to Dayz SA, so why not add the cross country skis in the game that would work as well as the bicycle. Cross country skis would bring more survival elements for the game, and wud be more fun add anyway. On the other hand snowshoes would be one option to consider.

I heard that Dean Hall loves snow, there may be add skis faster to move around in the snow. Suppose skis instead of boots and sticks instead of gloves? Well, to make people attracted to the frostbitten areas add back a couple of military bases showing the good loot.

idk if it has been mentioned before but it would be cool if we could have in game seasons, it would be really cool to have it snowy sometimes that way you can make use of the winter gear and etc plus it would bring more authenticity to the game. for instance during the winter time you have your winter gear and heavy jackets and etc to keep you warm so you dont freeze and snow ghillies to keep you camo, then in the summertime you would have to make use of gear that will keep you cool and if you get to hot you will start loosing thirst alot quicker and you could become over heated and get heat stroke and die lol and if you do become over heated you would have to go swimming to cool your self down fast or take a break for a bit . but i really like the idea of having winter and snow and the other snow gear that could go along with it . then you could add snowmobiles, skis and possibly snowboards and etc. could add a couple of ski lodge areas at the way top of the map thats a high tier loot spot of some sort, and have a huge hill run down to the towns or something. but i just thought of all this when i had a pair of winter hunter pants cuz there useless atm and same with snow ghillie suites that are in the mod .

• Like 1

1. I already know this is alpha so there is no need for these sorts of comments

Now there is a difference between having a winter map vs having dynamic seasons. We already have dynamic weather so the addition of snow or server statuses. I.e. It's winter so running around outside all day in canvas shorts is a bad idea.

I know there are several other things that have to be implemented yet as there aren't even campfires yet but this is just a long term idea that maybe the devs can ponder about.

You can add in items like long johns and waterproof clothing, cold medicines, hypothermia. Maybe your fingers and toes freeze and you can't move as fast or shoot well. You would have to focus on being around or creating a a shelter if you wanted to trek across frozen chernarus.

Or find a snowmobile or "dog sled" when dogs get reimplimented

Contrawise you could have a summer where it's dangerous to drink or hang around ponds of standing water because you could havea 0.000009% of getting bit by a mosquito that may carry west nile or you could die of heat exhaustion running across the map without drinking water

Before everybody rages. I 'm trying to think of things to make the world a threat, not just players and zombies. Everything in this post apocalyptic world should be something that can kill you because it's like that way in general in life. If you don't have basic shelter, water and food. you're going to die. Add into that the myriad of ways you could die.

Contrawise you could have a summer where it's dangerous to drink or hang around ponds of standing water because you could havea 0.000009% of getting bit by a mosquito that may carry west nile or you could die of heat exhaustion running across the map without drinking water

I don't just want this percentage; I want millions of tiny mosquito enemies that I can try to kill. With bullets.

Yes tons of threads ... Imhotep.. imhotep.. Imhotep ....

Edit : I do agree with you though and to be honest you brought some interesting ideas to the table that haven't been talked about in any of those threads I believe (dog sleds , West Nile virus )

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Oh don't let the haters fool you. , there will be snow in dayz wether it's dayz standalone official mod or dayz standalone dlc(or just content in dayz a long time from now maybe not necessarily dlc ) , there's always a way whether it be waiting for better available technology (which is what it seems like we have to do ) or have some genius game designer come along that proves us all wrong .

How hard would it be to port in OFP, Altis and even other ArmA.2 maps (takistan since its official)

Hello there fellow DayZ players. :)

I was wondering if the developers of DayZ was considering making different seasons like winter and summer.

I personally would love a Chernarus during winter.

It would definitely add another dimension and atmosphere to this game, some ideas that I have is that walking through thick snow would go a tad slower than normally, so you could combine for example, wooden sticks, some rope and a rag to craft yourself some snowshoes. When they eventually add vehicles, a snowmobile could be one of them, perhaps you could even craft some Cross-Country skiis. 

Now, I know absolutely nothing about developing a video game, and therefore I might be wrong, but when the game is done, would it really be that hard to implement a snowy ground, and just switch out the rain to some beautiful snowflakes, it shouldn't make the game more laggy since what's the different between rain and snow really?

They could add white ghillie suits and other snow-camoflauged clothing and weapons. And during the winter, it would be all the more important to stay warm and have the right clothes, so when you spawn in, you have to rush to the nearest town to pick up some clothing and possibly heatpacks if they add that in. 

Thank you for your time and if you have any comments, improvements or more ideas, please write them below. 

// Jaws Bund

• Like 2

Dean Hall has stated in a stream that he'd love to do a snow area. So with any luck we'll get some high mountains with snow on them in the north, eventually.

• Like 2

Dean Hall has stated in a stream that he'd love to do a snow area. So with any luck we'll get some high mountains with snow on them in the north, eventually.

I don´t think so. I think the map-build can not be changed. They can only expand the map via more towns, textures etc.

But higher mountain... - I don´t think so...

I worked a lot with the arma-editor... - it was not possible to create another terrain

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I don´t think so. I think the map-build can not be changed. They can only expand the map via more towns, textures etc.

But higher mountain... - I don´t think so...

I worked a lot with the arma-editor... - it was not possible to create another terrain

Arma Editor is not the editor devs use to build the game.

Arma Editor is not the editor devs use to build the game.

Hopefully :)

Well....look here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175596-summary-of-dev-qas-from-streams/?p=1796311

Dean only stated:

"I'd love a snow area"

While Hicks said:

snow: needs to be figured out the right way

But as Dean also said:

Senchi (map designer) has a work roadmap for at least a year now. For locations in the north.

So...well, maybe, but not in the near future.

Edited by LaughingJack

This isn't possible. Devs would have to design a new map from scrap which would take a lot of time.

Love Namalsk and would really like either another map or a snowy version of Chernaurus with the stand alone engine/features.

:thumbsup:

the best thing should be, to put the northen region into snow-terrain. (INCL. NORTH-EAST AIRFIELD)

why?

- make it harder to get good weapons(in snow-region you have harder conditions to survive)

it could be done some parts of Namalsk for eg. how they would do the snow though could be very taxxing . would love fighting hordes of zombies in blizzards B)