capt. beefsteak

What have you been doing in-game while awaiting patches: Honesty please.

I will start.

We all have end gear by now except for a few of the very new spawn's but you never know who's who until you go down and talk to them. I gotta say, It's harder to talk to people every day in this game since everyone wants your Gun/stuff regardless if they use thier fists or their gun, hell their shovel for fucks sake.

Tonights log:

I know there are a metric fuck ton of you that like to kill the newspawn's or just KoS in general. For those the kill for gear, I get it. For those that kill newspawns you will probably (for w/e reason we are on the same server) end up with a 7.62 by 59mm round in the head. I've been doing alot of observing lately. In these times of observation I've also been doing ALOT of killing. Because I suck under pressure, you probably won't ever see me in game unless you start flipping rocks. Tonight for the first time I took out a 4 man squad from the comfort of my "area". I started to realize that people for whatever reason decide fuck it I will go right back and Ice that dude that blasted us. Well, since this is a decent story I will tell it.

I am minding my own shit, relaxing just outside Kamyshovo where I like to help the newspawns eat and gear up a touch, meaning should i find another compass, canteen etc.. Hell I even gave a dude an unloaded m4 a few nights ago. Most run from me because I carry the moslin on my back and am forced to hand carry the m4 (unless I've recently logged in without using anything/must be a glitch). Anyway like I said relaxing hell thinking of reading something in my favorite spot. Then I start to hear the sound of moslin fire, what do I see you ask?? A dude with a moslin running toward the fresh spawn he just killed.. He also had his buddy with him (at this point a fresh spawn).. For whatever reason (it's beyond me) he goes to investigate his kill. My next course of action is to open up the old bipod put her on about 200m and shoot the guy, kill a noob, die like a noob I always say.. not really just sounded nice. So he dies on impact, fell right on his face, it was a decent enough shot I suppose. After this his buddy decided, well shit, he's dead I think I'll try to creep up and grab his moslin. Though a bold choice from a dude with nothing to lose, I once again fired and killed him in one shot (this isn't really all that typical for me, not trying to sound like a sure shot or anything). Anyhow you get the picture, 2 dead and now Kamyshovo AKA spawn road is cleared.

Well now slow night, so I go to a 38ish of 40 server same spot had some beans and started after a good 15 mins of chilling to hear alot of M4 fire. For a while there I didn't see anything and It seemed to subside. So I looked around and noticed a newspawn in town with a tiny purple backpack. I though, man, this toon I'm playing is a few day's old, but I'll surely be there soon enough. He make's his way slightly out of town and on the the railroad tracks.. Then boom he's gone from what seemed like a few different players spamming him uncaringly with 5.56 I assumed this fellow was swiss cheese. Once again, though he did have a small purple backpack,  what seemed like 2 dudes hovered over his body.. They were talking about what a noob this guy was, part of me wanted to ask since they were in range of me if they'd ever heard of teamspeak, or ventrillo. I did not want my location figured so instead I deployed the bipod set her to 100m zoomed in really nice and headshot the asshole. I wanted to say something but no, I resisted yet again. A few minutes later his buddy is walking all through the woods just a-look-in for me in all the wrong places.. I'm watching him go up and down left and right firing shot's probably to see if I'd give a report back. Well no, location is key and he was being hunted. I turn my back on this guy for a few seconds because he appeared to be going in the wrong direction and sure as shit his other buddy is going through the inventory. Even with the other dude maybe 150m from me I could not resist such a good opportunity. I deploy my bipod again 100m and fire, head shot guy falls over..

Now comes for the shitty part. My phone blinks at me and since I figure that dude is still playing with himself I will look at my message. No need to mention this but it was my brother, yes he's doing fine thanks. Anyway, to respond to him in such a hot situation I figured I should just stop playing a bit, I hit esc and as I'm clicking the exit button the dude is going right past me to grab his buddies gear. I was like shit!!!! I went into my history which to me seems useless anyhow to jump back in (I play random servers and have only a few fav's) and finish this posse but I could not for the life of me figure out what fucking server I was in.. This is the best I've ever played, there is no hype here, it's how it played out for me. I could hear my heart chugging in my headphones and man, I fucking loved every second of it. I was so ready to be killed, though I didn't give a fuck, this was one on four.. I was getting those fuckers one at a time.

Next.

Edited by Deepfryer
  • Like 11

Exploring the new areas and features of the map.  A lot more changes in elevation and landscape than I had thought.  Love the somewhat dried river beds strewn about.  Good time to scout out any location for a camp site before those items get added.

• Like 1

Hunting Geared people, oh and it is 7.62x54r ;)

I've been mostly exploring the map and helping people out. 4/5 people you help in turn try to kill you, but at least it's not boring...

helping new spawns and looking for trouble, and i seem to find it around every corner

Played the first time in a while tonight. Met up with some of FTC who were luckily also in NEAF. Ran into a guy, gave him some food and water, Turbo got shot but they weren't shitty people and bandaged him up. We met up with them to collect Turbo and the server restarted, killing me. I made my way up to Berezino to regroup, and by the time I had got there Turbo and Juicebox had killed each other and Detoxx had left. I found some pants finally, and then some fucker (who was very unprofessional) shot me. I think he was camping the water pump behind the hospital. He made off with some ruined pants and about 20 fewer 5.56. Seriously, I know the guns are inaccurate but a still target at 30ft should not require automatic fire. I respawned at Elektro and collected some general gear, then slipped and fell 10 feet to my death. #DayZSA

Edit: But to answer OP, nothing. I don't play DayZ but once a week because there's nothing to do.

Edited by Publik

I run around the coast while playing Tiny Tim. Too lazy to get gear.

• Like 1

Pretty much running around locations of the map. Such as going from North to South, South to West, and then from West to East. 

I stop at towns when I need to refill my canteens and scavenge for some canned food to replace those that I have eaten in my travels. I'm all geared out with a fully upgraded M4 (All of the mods are in pristine condition :D)

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 1

I will only log in for a few hours to test each patch. But thats pretty much it.  The game wont be worth playing for another 6+months.

reading origin of species by Charles Darwin in berezino between murder and loot sessions  ;)

• Like 2

reading origin of species by Charles Darwin in berezino between murder and loot sessions  ;)

How's that going KoS? I've only managed to find the French version, which is no use to me at all. Can't even use it to start a fire. Did find Sun Zu's Art of War. Currently trying to memerise a chapter a day, that way I can carry it with me everywhere.

• Like 1

I went in search of Valhalla with my geared up character. Going out like a warrior. After that I made a new character, a black man, decked out in a bright yellow raincoat and a yellow bandana, and started filling his pockets and backpack with nothing but bananas. Whoever kills/robs me is in for the most racist moment of their lives.

• Like 3

How's that going KoS? I've only managed to find the French version, which is no use to me at all. Can't even use it to start a fire. Did find Sun Zu's Art of War. Currently trying to memerise a chapter a day, that way I can carry it with me everywhere.

is good I read chapter 3 he talking about how struggle for survive generate change and how nature reward change that giving advantage and punish change or no change that give disadvantage to species in environment ;)

I enjoy too much and learning also is nice bonus when I am relax read book in top room of house and I hear maybe aggro or player, I put backpack stash in corner of room and go make some natural selection happen, come back get my stuff and continue read :thumbsup:  :)

Edited by KoS
  • Like 2

Got geared up, went between Elektro and Cherno to watch out for bandits, heard and saw someone log in right next to me on top of the cliffs so went to switch to my magnum for a holdup - then I desyncced so badly I saw him finish loading and start moving about before I could swap guns...so I logged out and went to play some games I bought during the steam sale til this desync is playable for me.

Edited by phlOgistOn
  • Like 1

Just ran along the East Coast looking for a new spawn so i could get them to Saline bag me. I promised gear and a gun (separate ammo mind you)

Of the 3 people i met 2 tried to punch me so i shot them while the 3rd helped me out but then asked if i could kill him.

With my colour restored I axed him to death. It was emotional.

• Like 4

Just ran along the East Coast looking for a new spawn so i could get them to Saline bag me. I promised gear and a gun (separate ammo mind you)

Of the 3 people i met 2 tried to punch me so i shot them while the 3rd helped me out but then asked if i could kill him.

With my colour restored I axed him to death. It was emotional.

do you manage to find guy to have pistol duel???

I have 3 times now challenge accept but guys don't show  :|