faramon

Lots of Zombies

Well hold up this isn't even slightly a complaint i know more zombies are on the way ..

But yesterday me and the few I play with were wandering through Black forest when we came under zombie attakc by 11 or 12 zombies in total .. they were just all in roughly the same area, in fact we were vaguely unprepared for this but it was incrediably fun, we named it our first baby horde.

Has anyone els ehad points where big clumps of zombies have been close together?

• Like 3

Ahhah i will see, we may genuinely have some pictures if my friend screened some ... seriously i hav enever had over 3 before in one go. We saw 2 ahead fo us .. In the Middle fo the forest .. and then as we took them down 2 more came from behind, one from the side and as we killed them 2 more would just bloody pop up coming from one direction or another.

It actually made my friend spazz lag out and i genuinely jus tpuled my pistol (which may of been why we drew so many?)

once evidence is shown i will be more excited than a kid on christmas day

I guess you could create your own horde by going through a well zombie populated place like Cherno, aggroing all the zombies you met outrunning them, but not enough to lose them, until you got quite a horde after you, which you can then either dispose of or lead to somewhere where you think it would be of use, and then abandon it for others to find.

I'm yet to see more than 4-5 like the rest of us but tell me did this happen at night ? because that is easily 5 times more scary  :o

boy oh boy I hope the graphics/gamma at night exploit can be fixed further somewhat..

GG's !

I guess you could create your own horde by going through a well zombie populated place like Cherno, aggroing all the zombies you met outrunning them, but not enough to lose them, until you got quite a horde after you, which you can then either dispose of or lead to somewhere where you think it would be of use, and then abandon it for others to find.

Yeah if this is true, this is exactly what I was thinking too.

As a newspawn I once had aggroed two along the road to solnichy, but thought I lost them. At the entrance I accidentally aggroed one, just to be greeted by another two coming up, and the two I thought behind me suddenly had warped into close proximity.

And I believe we shot one at Elektrofirestation, to encounter 6-7 zombies running for us in the course of a minute.

Haha if this had ben a night time server i think i would fo s*** myself XDDD

But seriously no this was in the balck forest south of Gorka, it was over the course of i dont know but less than a minute? If we have any screens I will put them up .. I figure they were just all kinda nearby and heard the first shot and all came a running .. It didn't feel scrited sorry to say but it was the largest amount of zombie sI have ever had in such a short space of time!

Edited by faramon

I joined up with some random friendlies on their server teamspeak and we went to elektro to help a unarmed guy

A good 10-12 zombies came from nowhere and attacked us, we actually had to give a little ground before dispatching them

The other guy with me had a .45 and I had a magnum, he got into a little trouble with that many

I actually have it on video and plan to upload it later

Hey buddy :-)

I had the same experience about one week ago.

random-server and i was on the way to elektro to meet my comrade and then, suddenly, 10-12 zombies came out of nothing and try to attack me.

I was really suprised but it was fun and first i thought it was a hacker, but now i think its a bug or idk.=)

The feeling was just "wow, concentrate, one-hit shots and move, shot, move,..."
They were easy kills but because of this i could mention how it would be with alot of more zombies ingame.

greetz

I accidentally aggroed like 4 zombies and ran into some random dude, he was all like "WHOA" and swung an axe at me and I was all like "DUDE!" and ran away, the zombies were all like over him instead so he was distracted. I guess you can use zombies as a weapon on a dude you don't like or whatever...

I found it fun, personally I am looking forward to when they add more .. because right now the zombies ar elittle more than scenary xD ... Regulator Lone, link the video when you put it up, if it happens to me again i will tryot o take screenies myself but to be honest I was a little distracted at the time.

Yeah if this is true, this is exactly what I was thinking too.

The more I thought about the more appealing this idea sounded to me, so I decided to try it out for myself. 

My experiments with zombie herding

I went to the suburbs of Cherno, since in my experience there is always plenty of zombies there. And true enough, they were literally all over the place. I ran around, firing a few pistol shots in the air to announce my arrival.

2014-01-14_00001.jpg

Everywhere I turned there was lots of zombies, I counted about 20 of them, however it soon became clear to me that zombieherding required a refined technique, since only a handful, 5 or 6, would take up pursuit at any one time, the rest would slow down and eventually completely stop.

2014-01-14_00003.jpg

I tried running in circles, catching up with those that I left behind, but when I did that, the ones that had been at the front of the herd stopped.

2014-01-14_00005.jpg

So I eventually had to settle with a small herd of 6 zombies. Zombie herding is not without its dangers, while they mostly stumble ahead in a measured pace, if they come near the herder they do sometimes make sudden sprint attacks, which, if the herder is not careful, zigzagging in front of them is a good strategy, I found, they may claw you in the back. I was hit once, and had to climb some ladders to bandage myself. When I came down, I only found 2 remainders of my trusty herd and had to return to the suburbs to gather some more.

2014-01-14_00006.jpg

This is my herd. Going downhill to the city itself I unfortunately lost one, it was a bit frisky and tried jumpattacking me down hill, and it must have stumbled because it fell down and did not get up again, luckily I found a youngling in the city which I soon managed to round up and add to the herd. I went to the nearest large street, where a few passive zombies was already in place, then I quickly went through a gate and sprinted away from the place before any of my herd knew what was happening.

While it was great fun, it was still a bit disappointing that I could not round up a herd bigger than 6. I hope it was just because I was a rookie, and a bit of practice will help. I am thinking that being in a group would very likely be an advantage, at least two, one in front and one in the back, but a couple in the sides wouldnt hurt either, perhaps making it possible to keep more zombies in the herd.

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 11

I once fought 5 zeds nearly at the same time but that it, the town was now empty. But yeah, its seems that there are something like 10-12 zeds in each of the 2 new towns north of balota.

Most I've ever had attack me was 4-5. It was too easy.

once evidence is shown i will be more excited than a kid on christmas day

I've had 5-6 at once, but that's a VERY rare occurrence. 

I had too kill one once and somehow ended up having to kill another seven xD