Hurricane43

1,000,000 DAYZ

I just wanted to tell you good luck, we're all counting on you.

Did the math, and that's 30 million dollars there.

That's good work! We better check the math one more time, just to make sure we got it right.

The counter says 994,328 on the www.dayzgame.com site as of this minute. Today is my birthday so I'm really hoping it hits 1,000,000 today :)

:thumbsup: What's even more impressive is they're going to hit the million mark just after alpha launch. Plenty of indie and what not game studios have sold over a million. Not to many have sold a million with a description above the 'add to cart' button that flat out says, and quote "...We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage ...". And just below that ... 

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING. :lol: 

Edited by Carpoor

Sadly Steam won't let the public know how much is their cut of the profit on a single unit sold.

Around 30%

Impressive for a game which is not friendly to its players...

It just shows that some people (like us) wish for a challenging game with sandbox mechanics.

Big pristine  :beans: to all the developers!

ps: We hope you get 2 million games sold shortly...

ps2: More money to developers, faster progress in DayZ SA for us ...

Edited by Va3V1ctis

I'm worried...I don't want this success to distract the devs from the work that has to be done.

I understand celebrating etc etc...but this game has still years (according to schedule, will probably change) of development to be done.

Instead of reading how much is sexy what has been done on rocket's Twitter I would love to see some news about gamebreaking bugs (not even content), not "we've solved it" but at least "we're working on this and that and we think...", you know.

Don't forget that since last patch many people can't test or play, as you whish to call it, the game.

What I mean is that this is not over, this should be the beginning: I am an happy dayz fan too, don't get me wrong, this results are the best I could imagine...but...let's get to business, and let months of celebrations and holidays for when the things are done.

Bohemia should be on their knees thanking heavens for Dean. There is no way I would bother with this clunky, crappy game with shit controls if it wasn't for DayZ.

i should add this to my sig. so sad, so true.

• Like 1

Quote from Rocket

way beyond. way, way beyond. this gives me mandate now to make all the crazy games I ever wanted!

How about you finish this game first  :P

• Like 1

Hopefully the good sales wont go to there heads with this game.

Zombies need tones of work and seeing the same models every single day because all the zombies apparently have the exact same clothing and faces  is realistic lol. Need tones more variety to the models. Maybe the success will allow them to pump out more designs. Id rather see it go to that than more clothing and gun designs.

:thumbsup: What's even more impressive is they're going to hit the million mark just after alpha launch. Plenty of indie and what not game studios have sold over a million. Not to many have sold a million with a description above the 'add to cart' button that flat out says, and quote "...We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage ...". And just below that ... 

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING. :lol: 

Yes ... but as we can tell from these forums 90% didn't understand or didn't read that message.

Must be a nightmare to sift through 1 million peoples bugs reports :)

Congrats BIS and DayZ dev team !

Edited by BL1P

I believe when game is going full release maybe 2015/2016

when they putting vehicles ;)

when there is 10,000 + different item in game

when we make stash for loots and maybe dogs for assist in hunt :thumbsup:  :D

when we listen to heli going past hide in bush from fear

when zed horde is 1000+ moving across fields for brown trouser moment :o

when is 100+ player on the server

when mid range pc average 40 fps in cherno :)

and new excite maps coming soon

when all this happen will be true classic game selling maybe 10 millions

and we seeing this bitch coming from womb :thumbsup:  ;)

• Like 1

Quote from Rocket

How about you finish this game first  :P

And he repeated this like 2 times in 2 days...this is part of what I meant I fear in my previous post.

Thought I'd just say congrats and good job on the 1 million sold.

I've been playing the ARMA series, that's the best way to call it I guess, since 2001, Operation Flashpoint: CWC and I'm glad to see these numbers in such a short time for a BI Alpha game. I hope it'll continue to be like that and I can't wait to see what the future holds for DayZ.

Yay! Congratulations.

Yeah, congratz from me two. Good job guys.

(OF: was a hell of a nice game. gettin stuck with a broken walkie talkie, that was awesome)

Well done Rocket and Co. (Y)

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us :D

Congrs on hitting 1M copys dayz devs/team and Dean! Game still in Early access. What it going to be like when out in full :p

lol the front page... and the dayz wiki for the release date..

haha that would be awesome to have the 1 millionth copy

Congrs on hitting 1M copys dayz devs/team and Dean! Game still in Early access. What it going to be like when out in full :P

This must be the 1000,000 Topic already.

Merging...

• Like 1