Sign in to follow this  
frosti

No healthy

I cleaned my wounds with alcohol tincture, took vitamins and antibiotics, drank and eat to full and yet I still do not have healthy/healing status.

Anyone else?

food and vitamine does not bring you health back at the moment as I see... but if you use saline bag you quite get ok.

Remember to eat and drink until you're full.

The healthy indicator isn't a big green bar in your character menu, it's grey text instead. Maybe you have it already, but just haven't noticed yet.

food and vitamine does not bring you health back at the moment as I see... but if you use saline bag you quite get ok.

Wrong, food does.

And no, I have not had a problem ever reaching healthy/healing through consuming food and water.  I am always, constantly, either healthy or healing.

Remember to eat and drink until you're full.

The healthy indicator isn't a big green bar in your character menu, it's grey text instead. Maybe you have it already, but just haven't noticed yet.

I can't get this grey text even if I eat and drink to full + clean my wounds.

I cleaned my wounds with alcohol tincture, took vitamins and antibiotics, drank and eat to full and yet I still do not have healthy/healing status.

Anyone else?

You have no status? Maybe no problem... (health and blood is full)

Healthy status, means your health (health is NOT blood) is full and you regenerate blood.

Edited by NoCheats

Well your problem is that you havent eaten enough and drunk enough, just continue whatever you are doing and fuck vitamins and cleaning wounds never done it and im always healthy.

There is no secret to it, just need enough energy and water.

Could be a bug. healing doesn't happen straight after the hunger messages disapear you have to keep eating and drinking to get to that point.

Alternatively you should always use a condom..

I can't get this grey text even if I eat and drink to full + clean my wounds.

I cant be sure but try another server with different difficulty setting as i believed they had removed these healing and healthy status in the inventory but i had been playing vetran first person servers i went down to a 3d person server and i had the status notice again.. Some 3rd person servers are still vetran difficulty so maybe again there is no status in vetran or higher ...

Or a bug because yes i have had eaten drunk more than enough to get healthy ( its to easy to get to healthy IMHO but thats another discussion lol ) and the status has not come up healing or healthy when clearly the colour had come back to my game...

Edited by SoulFirez

Seriously, watch the above videos Merino made.  You won't get healthy simply from a single stomach full, it takes time and proper management.

• Like 1

Seriously, watch the above videos Merino made.  You won't get healthy simply from a single stomach full, it takes time and proper management.

how do you explain a fresh spawn who within minutes of being around has found ample water food and has suffered no injuries no shock no disease ( hasnt been attacked by zed or player) then continueing on for hours with plenty food water and resting not ever getting a healthy healing status.......

• Like 1

1 bag of rice, some sardines and possibly a box of cereal + water pump = healthy pretty quickly ... and eat everything else you find inbetween.

It takes quite awhile. Just yesterday (after annoyingly being ambushed by a zombie a floor BELOW me), I was bleeding with a grey screen. It took a LOT of food and exploring to get to healthy and to get my color back. I'm sure the healing system will improve over time, like everything else about the game inevitably will, but for now eat until your character claims he is full, then drink some water until grey text says "healthy" or "healing" in the menu.

I've been healthy several times now. Once I got the hang of the food/water system it was easy. The hard part is getting "healthy" to appear, once you're healthy it's pretty easy to stay that way. I ran from NWAF / Vybor area, only stopping maybe 2 or 3 times, all the way to elektro and was healthy until I fell off the firehouse roof..

So health level determinates from what distance you can see loot huh.

That explains why one time I can see loot on other side of hangar and sometimes I need to be 5 meters away from the loot to spot it.

how do you explain a fresh spawn who within minutes of being around has found ample water food and has suffered no injuries no shock no disease ( hasnt been attacked by zed or player) then continueing on for hours with plenty food water and resting not ever getting a healthy healing status.......

Just because you're no longer hungry or thirsty does not mean you have consumed ENOUGH to reach healthy status, simple as that.

I'll say it again, I have NEVER had an issue reaching healthy because I eat as much as I can, then drink to fill the rest of the way up (until I'm stuffed), then 20mins later, repeat, with as much as food as I can find first, then liquid.  Continue eating everything, then topping off with liquid.  The important thing to remember is that it takes TIME for you to get the benefits of the food when you eat it, all food has a time it takes for it to absorb into your energy storage.

If you're running around for hours and can't reach healthy, you are simply doing it wrong, there's no other reason then that.

Edited by Phantasm

You have no status? Maybe no problem... (health and blood is full)

Healthy status, means your health (health is NOT blood) is full and you regenerate blood.

The problem with this video is he is wrong in one point. (min 25)

He wrote...

HEALTHY

Indicate that you are fed and hydrated enough to regenerate blood and health.

I have since days no "healthy" status.

My test a few sec ago. I let me hit by a zombie one time. Immediately I have the healthy status.

This means for me...

My status was perfect before I get hit.

HEALTHY

Indicate that you regenerate blood and health.

I believe OP is in a perfect status.

Edited by NoCheats

So the "healthy" tag won't appear unless you are injured and regenerating missing blood?

I have never seen it, but maybe that is because I haven't eaten enough or I haven't been hurt and had eaten enough!

He wrote...

HEALTHY

My test a few sec ago. I let me hit by a zombie one time. Immediately I have the healthy status.

This means for me...

HEALTHY

Then what "healing" means?

Then what "healing" means?

I don´t know. I had never this info.

Edited by NoCheats

He wrote...

HEALTHY

This means for me...

HEALTHY

Lurking with my phone on the way home.

It's not technically wrong, but it's missing a piece of informatiom that I only became aware of while working on my next video. Here's what happens:

Healthy and sick occupy the same 'slot' in your inventory screen. If you become sick while being healthy, the status is overwritten. Upon the end of the sick status it gets removed - but the healthy status does not reappear like it should. If you continue to fulfill the criteria for being healthy while sick, nothing updates your status. Only when something happens that causes a check, such as taking damage and the following regeneration sets in, it is updated and reappears. You can see this clearly in a video I'm currently working on. It will probably be ready by tomorrow.

.... aaaand I'm (almost) home

Edited by (TMW) Merino
  • Like 2

Once you eat and drink enough it takes 20 minutes to start the healing process.

Healing restores your blood, once that is full, your health regenerates.

Healthy is when you're 100%. Eating and drinking will maintain it.

Being low on blood will drain your colors.

Being low on health will make it blurry.(Unless you've turned off post processing.)

• Like 1

Lurking with my phone on the way home.

It's not technically wrong, but it's missing a piece of informatiom that I only became aware of while working on my next video. Here's what happens:

Healthy and sick occupy the same 'slot' in your inventory screen. If you become sick while being healthy, the status is overwritten. Upon the end of the sick status it gets removed - but the healthy status does not reappear like it should. If you continue to fulfill the criteria for being healthy while sick, nothing updates your status. Only when something happens that causes a check, such as taking damage and the following regeneration sets in, it is updated and reappears. You can see this clearly in a video I'm currently working on. It will probably be ready by tomorrow.

.... aaaand I'm (almost) home

Thanks clearing the situation. Nice work.

Edited by NoCheats