Sign in to follow this  
King of kong

Immersive Map Features And Structures

As of now, Chernarus is extremely dull, there is nothing to suggest that there was a collapse of society at all, other than the odd abandoned car or broken window. I would like to see that all change. I would like to see an apocalyptic Chernarus.

- Military Refugee Camp - Similar To The One Outside Balota Air Strip. These would Be Crammed full of Infected People And Infected Chernarussian Soldiers. Containing different types of structures. See Below.

- Holding Area. Any people found to be possessing contraband/weaponry would have been held here.

- Sterilization Center. All refugees would have been brought here and "cleansed". Think the scene from 28 Weeks Later where the Infected woman was being scrubbed down.

- Refugee Tents. A large area surrounded by a fence where the Refugees would stay.

- Military Personnel Barracks. A place for the Chernarussian Infantry men to bunk down.

MASS GRAVES 

Areas in the wilderness used by the Chernarussian Military to dispose of corpses. 

Empty Fuel Cans.

Smoldering Corpses in a pit.

Abandoned Trucks With Rotting Corpses In The Back

Infected  Soldiers Dressed In Old-Soviet Biological Hazard Gear 

biohard.jpg

POLICE BLOCKADE

Only In The Major Cities. These Would Be Abandoned Police Checkpoints. Perhaps Infected Policemen Roaming The Area. Sirens Still Flashing On The Cars.

Abandoned riot Vans. Infected riot Police. Riot Shields Left Lying in Pools of Blood. Police Radios Issuing Static From Cars.

Abandoned Ambulances Out On The Street. Doors Hanging Open. Dead Paramedics. 

ABANDONED BLOCKADE

Abandoned Military Blockades Outside Cities. Only Way Around is Trough the Wilderness.

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 5

When the game is released, you will be amazed, just patience for now :-)

Cool ideas, I definitely am for things that add story and immersion to the game

Those are great ideas. I agree with you.

Since its Alpha, I personally ASSUME they'll be adding in more ambient set pieces to the game once they reach that point in the development process.

Good ideas...I think it will come in time.

They had stuff similar to it in the mod, but it never quite reflected how the CDF responded to it. Basically a pile of corpses and streets that were mini-scrapyards don't tell us much

• Like 1

They had stuff similar to it in the mod, but it never quite reflected how the CDF responded to it. Basically a pile of corpses and streets that were mini-scrapyards don't tell us much

Agreed, I would like to see some time and effort go into it.

I want the dev's to tell us a story with the map.

• Like 1

There was a nice bit of effort done in Stary Sobor. Around the back of the shop is a pile of Hazardous Material bags. And wrecked cars etc. But it doesn't really reflect how the Chernarussian government tried to contain the virus/respond to the crazed people

Let's get through the Alpha first, please, before we start worrying about these things. After that we can start worrying about window dressing Chernarus.

We definitely need this eventually. Personally I wanna see barricades integrated in first :). But a mod that makes the chernarus world look really post-apocalyptic is Dayz Aftermath, it's a great mod and they added a whole bunch of new structures Including a large factory at the end of kamenka, a large city at kamenka, and a ton of military blockades / cleansing centers throughout the shore, both with holding cells ,fields of weed that you can harvest medical marijuana at and poppy seed fields so you can craft your own anti biotic ( dunno if poppy seed is in real antibiotics but whatever haha). Also in Aftermath large structures at novy sobor and balota were added that truly look like player created outposts without looking messy like Origins , the mod also has searchable containers everywhere which would be a great idea for dayz, not to mention the great building system , not many servers available though ,its an underrated mod .

Great suggestion.

Bags with dead bodies, massgraves, signs of military and government fighting the disease... we definitly need this.

I would like to see a few big complex/factory/office type buildings with long halls and many rooms kind of like the structures in red orchestra 2

I was hoping that the giant industrial factory building from the old arma2 that is in dayz standalone would be enterable but no not for now anyways 

• Like 1

I would personally love to see a few long rivers across the map going from lake to lake downhill instead of the scattered puddles we have now. Would make the forests come a lot more to live.

• Like 1

I would personally love to see a few long rivers across the map going from lake to lake downhill instead of the scattered puddles we have now. Would make the forests come a lot more to live.

Personally, I would live flowing rivers as well. Sadly, the Arma engine keeps all water at sea level, so a river moving around the rather mountainess Chernaurus, would be difficult to implement unless they overhaul that area of the engine.

• Like 1