Sign in to follow this  
hiltz

Why you can't trust anyone.

pretty common knowledge for DayZ players, it's the first lesson we all learn

Yeah I know, but its a shame it has to be that way IMO.

I know common human too good to understand thats everyone can be a ratte

do you do a live feed, i like the chatter. Also a bright raincoat and a bobble hat can sometimes offer more protection that a ballistic helm and a gun (look less of a threat)

And you lost your DayZ virginity :P

Remember: Just because there are "dicks" (rude / evil / psycho) people out there doesn't mean you can't trust anyone. You just have to find nice or neutral people (yet). There are even whole groups out there, helping others who are not murderers / bandits.

And regardless you gotta be careful. Even if someone starts talking, it could still go south. Having some backup might be useful just in case. Otherwise, if you're alone and meet another unknown player, I'd honestly try to avoid close contact or adhere to certain security rules.

• Like 2

pretty common knowledge for DayZ players, it's the first lesson we all learn

That's what i used to think. Now my first rule is: "Don't get attatched to your gear." Makes it much easier to find friendly player interaction. You still get killed a lot though... :D

• Like 1

and that's why i shoot first, when i'm alone.

Nobody get's my revolver!

*grmbl*

Edited by irishroy

Yeah, do not trust anyone.

If you are the friendly type but no not want to be killed at each encounter, shoot first if another armed player spot you at the open. If you are the one that sneak upon them, talk if you wish but stay covered until its clear. I shoot on sight when i have no cover and the one that face me is armed but usually i announce myself and keep my cover. Most of the time they will combatlog or try to sneak on me without talking.. which for me is an hostile action and I end up firing at them any way.

But its still nice from time to time to help some unpredictable players who look like unarmed.

• Like 2

People might not agree with me but in order to survive you need to take out anyone who has a firearm, or anyone who does not respect your personal space, and the safest way to initiate dialogue is when you have an upper hand. I personally would have shot the guy the minute i saw him not because i like KOS but because he was armed and there was no way out.

My a$$hole went out the clappers is it?  I like it. Have to use that one. Like others have said, trust no one.

If you want to have a "friendly" interaction, ALWAYS have the upper hand. Take for instance, your buddy should have ordered the other guy to stay down the stairs and put his M4away or he would have gotten shot. It's also worth noting that anytime a player say's they are friendly they are probably just trying to lull you into complacently.

do you do a live feed, i like the chatter. Also a bright raincoat and a bobble hat can sometimes offer more protection that a ballistic helm and a gun (look less of a threat)

And you lost your DayZ virginity :P

Yeah my live stream is:

http://www.twitch.tv/hiltzdayz

Should have shot him in the back on his way up the stairs. You'd be alive and with double the gear.

Being friendly is high risk, low reward, that is why KOS is justified. You're more likely to survive.

That's what i used to think. Now my first rule is: "Don't get attatched to your gear." Makes it much easier to find friendly player interaction. You still get killed a lot though... :D

^^ +1 It makes the whole experience much more enjoyable in my opinion.

He sounded young, don't trust young people in DayZ.

Ever.

• Like 3

There is no such thing as being friendly in airfields, especially not in that MP compound, and even less so if the guy is having a gun in his hands. Anywhere else on the map I would likely encourage interaction (although I would be wary of armed people that would not put their guns down), but the airfields and military bases just generates a dangerous mixture of adrenalin and greed which should not be trusted under any circumstances.

To paraphrase Hunter S. Thompson: "You can turn you back on a person, but never turn your back on a greedy teenager, especially if it is waving a loaded m4 in your eye".

Edited by BadAsh

I tried trusting people when I first started playing... now I trust my rifle. 

I find I live much longer that way. 

really friendly encountrers are like epic loot.

they are rare, but they are worth all of the risk, because if you finally find one, its a story you enjoy long after you logged out of the game.

really friendly encountrers are like epic loot.

they are rare, but they are worth all of the risk, because if you finally find one, its a story you enjoy long after you logged out of the game.

I guess the thing to do is take each encounter on its merits. If you have the upper hand you can go ahead and try to be friendly. If not, its a case of surviving the encounter at all costs.

ask for a hands up.. if u don't instantly get one . Kos . or you die.. its that simple.. people aren't friendly, and i'v learned this the hard way.. survival of the fittest folks.. make use of ur gun ..