Sign in to follow this  
DirtyscumbagLith

3 of us died from a hacker last night

In Electro & was going with a group of 4. My friend gets sniped, so we ran and then tried to get the sniper, lying on a hill. Suddenly, we heard music in game & it sounded like it went from behind us to far away. Then my friend said he saw someone by me and that the character disappeared, twice. I turned around to see 2 guys walking, then disappearing, and re-appearing 10 ft away. They were horrible shots and did this 3 times right in front of me- circling me almost 2 times. All 3 of us killed.

Not sure if this is common, or what- but felt like it needed to be mentioned.

with battleye now in the game that wont be happening very often anymore dont worry, just unlucky of you guys to be there. Not really common, i am yet to see a hacker.

with battleye now in the game that wont be happening very often anymore dont worry, just unlucky of you guys to be there. Not really common, i am yet to see a hacker.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Like 1

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Actually, he is right. Battleeye works on a game like this where most things are handled on the server's side of the equation. The mod was decidedly different, with most things being processed client side and therefore much much easier to hack. Its a pretty big change, and a good part of the reason we have to wait so long for the SA Alpha.

See a hacker? Press escape then click exit as fast as humanly possible.

See a hacker? Press escape then click exit as fast as humanly possible.

Sad thing is, sometimes they don't show themselves.

There should be an ability to check server logs to see who killed you and what is their steam ID, so you can report it to battle eye or have people of servers ban them.

• Like 3

There should be an ability to check server logs to see who killed you and what is their steam ID, so you can report it to battle eye or have people of servers ban them.

no

Bro, it's a desync issue. I was with my buddies, I couldn't actually see them(Where they actually were) but his character that was on my screen, I ran up to him and punched him in the head, and knocked him out.  He was with my other buddy about 100 meters away from where I was. So, there is that.

You cannot rely on people to get accurate hacker reports. VAC knows this thus they do not ban based on reports alone.

Likely 95% of the reports would be kids or tryhards reporting anyone and everyone that kills them. Hell, they might even start reporting the zombies at some point.

It is also extremely frustrating getting your head blown off by a sniper. I highly doubt that everyone playing this game could resist the urge to report the sniper as a hacker that is somehow instantly killing people.

• Like 1

I put my self inside a glitch to test the hacker theory and within 30 minutes had been headshot even thou my character was not visible. I done some research and found out if you delete certain files all buildings disappear like a wall hack.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I didn't realize there was something funny in that post, care to share it with us?

Have almost 60 hours on the game

Haven't seen a hacker

Seen desync that looks like hacks but they weren't cause they were my friends and they Feds weren't hacking

Trust me I shot a guy and he kept running so I thought he was hacking but he then suddenly died five minutes later (he asked to be killed) we didn't fire another shot

It might look like hacks buuuut don't jump straight to that conclusion cause to them you might look like a hacker desyncing around

And yeh it could be ghosting but yeh probs desync

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

+1

I didn't realize there was something funny in that post, care to share it with us?

Battleye in charge of catching cheaters, it's probably worse than the PB

Also, I saw something peculiar just some time ago, guy taking huge leaps around (running like 200m in a few seconds). He stopped to loot at certain points, so it wasn't like he was desyncing or anything, I suppose there's a speedhack (or a glitch/bug that gives a similar advantage, w/e), one of the many hardships to come

Edited by Sinfulsebastian

+1

Battleye in charge of catching cheaters, it's probably worse than the PB

If the number of tears shed in the ban appeals sub-forum is anything to judge by I'd say BE do an alright job of catching cheaters, even in the mod.

Looks like its back to HackZ

1 incident and people assume it's full of them.

In fact, that sounds more like horrible lag & desync rather than HAX0RZZZ (Like you guys describe them. I just like to go about calling them cheaters.)

If the number of tears shed in the ban appeals sub-forum is anything to judge by I'd say BE do an alright job of catching cheaters, even in the mod.

This. In my opinion, BE works well better than BP, with regular banwaves after the client updates etc.

And usually the bans i've seen done by BP, needed to be reported manually before anything happened at all.

Pay 30 bucks for private cheats. Get banned. Cry your innocence on the forums. Profit.

Edited by Konna

By the time BE actually started to bust and ban people, the cheats had already scared away a sizable amount of the player population. I recall how fun it was to get launched to the sky, get teleported to kill arenas, just fall over and die, see fighter planers destroy cherno and elekto, find big stashes of hacked gear... List goes on and on. BE bans in waves, so a single person could log in to hundreds of servers once a day to use his instagib script to kill tons of people, getting banned like 3 weeks after. Do also note that the many of the people who cry for their innocence are actually innocent, because cd-key theft is a real thing

Obviously it's not as bad now, but then again, at the beginning of the launch DayZ mod there was little to no cheat activity.

By the time BE actually started to bust and ban people, the cheats had already scared away a sizable amount of the player population. I recall how fun it was to get launched to the sky, get teleported to kill arenas, just fall over and die, see fighter planers destroy cherno and elekto, find big stashes of hacked gear... List goes on and on. BE bans in waves, so a single person could log in to hundreds of servers once a day to use his instagib script to kill tons of people, getting banned like 3 weeks after. Do also note that the many of the people who cry for their innocence are actually innocent, because cd-key theft is a real thing

Obviously it's not as bad now, but then again, at the beginning of the launch DayZ mod there was little to no cheat activity.

The fact that they ban in waves is actually a good thing. It's much more difficult to tell if the new cheat that you just made really is undetected if you won't get banned instantly when you test it.

The fact that they ban in waves is actually a good thing. It's much more difficult to tell if the new cheat that you just made really is undetected if you won't get banned instantly when you test it.

Yeah, it's fun to feel violated in the meantime, I suppose

Actually, he is right. Battleeye works on a game like this where most things are handled on the server's side of the equation. The mod was decidedly different, with most things being processed client side and therefore much much easier to hack. Its a pretty big change, and a good part of the reason we have to wait so long for the SA Alpha.

I'm sorry (and i'm really sorry for myself, coz i'm a player too)... but you're wrong.

I'm not going to write again the whole thing again: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162279-so-people-getting-kicked-and-banned-by-battleeye-are-hackers/page-7#entry1643943

Edited by WalkerDown

I'm sorry (and i'm really sorry for myself, coz i'm a player too)... but you're wrong.

I'm not going to write again the whole thing again: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162279-so-people-getting-kicked-and-banned-by-battleeye-are-hackers/page-7#entry1643943

I've never seen even a shred of evidence that would suggest that anyone was unfairly banned by BE.

Trent Wise, on 12 Jan 2014 - 3:06 PM, said:

Maybe they should just rely on VAC and allow the hackers to have their Steam Profiles locked?

BE Is utter crap, I don't care what anyone says.

What would you rather have, the same anti-hack that totally worked for the mod - Or the Anti-Hack that will make all purchased games on the steam account worthless?

I'd say the latter gives more incentive..

"Boo hoo, I got banned from ARMA and DayZ" compared to "The $100+ worth of games on my account are all VAC banned now!"

Edited by AllDayZSimon

I was laughing at the fact that there's really someone so naive to believe that because of BE there isn't "many" cheaters in the game right now.. while we have more cheaters in DayZ SA than in the mod at the moment (because of the popularity if anything).

(it was a bitter laugh tho...)

Edited by WalkerDown
  • Like 1