Sign in to follow this  
DirtyscumbagLith

3 of us died from a hacker last night

Good. Now go cry in your pillow. 

• Like 1

I've never seen even a shred of evidence that would suggest that anyone was unfairly banned by BE.

Neither i have any evidence that you actually read my post (that has nothing to do with the unfair bans, despite the thread title) ... :)

In Electro & was going with a group of 4. My friend gets sniped, so we ran and then tried to get the sniper, lying on a hill. Suddenly, we heard music in game & it sounded like it went from behind us to far away. Then my friend said he saw someone by me and that the character disappeared, twice. I turned around to see 2 guys walking, then disappearing, and re-appearing 10 ft away. They were horrible shots and did this 3 times right in front of me- circling me almost 2 times. All 3 of us killed.

Not sure if this is common, or what- but felt like it needed to be mentioned.

this happens when people are glitched into buildings. their characters appear to run around on the outside. he might have been inside a house.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You may har har if you like but FYI, kiddies (and adults) whose accounts have been banned have already begun springing up on these forums, steam forums as well as game hacking site forums to spill tears about their accounts being permabanned on a game they just spent 30 bucks on so obviously something is working.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Neither i have any evidence that you actually read my post (that has nothing to do with the unfair bans, despite the thread title) ... :)

Assuming it was the post that you actually linked to - the first paragraph was about unfair bans on players that hadn't cheated... I didn't read the topic title, only the post that you linked to.

EDIT: Double checked it and yes, that was definitely your post...

Edited by Mos1ey

You people do realize that the Mod had a lot of architecture faults that allowed easy use of scripts?

BE was there trying to prevent the abuse. And did a good job compared to the fact how broken the Arma engine was.

But unless you're working with the company that runs BE/any other anti-cheat, you probably can't prove any points.

In Electro & was going with a group of 4. My friend gets sniped, so we ran and then tried to get the sniper, lying on a hill. Suddenly, we heard music in game & it sounded like it went from behind us to far away. Then my friend said he saw someone by me and that the character disappeared, twice. I turned around to see 2 guys walking, then disappearing, and re-appearing 10 ft away. They were horrible shots and did this 3 times right in front of me- circling me almost 2 times. All 3 of us killed.

I know its not topic related but... HOLY SHIT I LOVE YOUR BOOBS :p

• Like 1

Well, I was just in Electro in an house near beach.. I hear a shot and it misses me but puts me in shock in the upstairs window.. I proceed to go on stairs and watch the only entrance door into the building incase anyone tried coming in... 2 seconds later a guy appears infront of me at the bottom of the stairs... He didn't get the usual 30 seconds login time an gun reload sound, I shoot him from behind point blank range with my rifle, hit him... he instantly turns around an shoots me dead with a pistol...... Total hacker.. Firstly.. How come he didn't die pointblank from my rifle? secondly.. How could he instantly appear infront of me and instantly turn around in like 5 seconds? Now i know ghosting happens but im sure even with a super computer you can't run into a building on another server then walk inside, then log onto my server again, then instantly turn an shoot within 5 seconds...

I hate cheaters, With a passion, lucky he's not next to me in real life, so P*ssed off...

Assuming it was the post that you actually linked to - the first paragraph was about unfair bans on players that hadn't cheated... I didn't read the topic title, only the post that you linked to.

EDIT: Double checked it and yes, that was definitely your post...

This is odd... coz i never said that BE have ever banned a legit player (that hadn't cheated), but exactly the opposite: an anti-cheat (this is true for any anti-cheat, not just BE) cannot enforce strict rules because they would risk to ban the legit users... this is the biggest advantage they have in the "battle" cheaters VS anticheaters.

Btw i linked that post nor to talk about the bans.. but to talk about the only move (in my opinion) that we could make here: trying to mitigate the consequence of the cheating by adapting the game mechanics, instead of trying to fight the cheaters in the hoping of ban them all.. because this will never happens.

Yeah some sad little prick glitched through a wall behind the staircase to the Elektro hospital and killed my fully geared friend yesterday. I hate to say it but I'm glad it didn't happen to me, I'm not quite sure how I would have handled that.

Yeah some sad little prick glitched through a wall behind the staircase to the Elektro hospital and killed my fully geared friend yesterday. I hate to say it but I'm glad it didn't happen to me, I'm not quite sure how I would have handled that.

You should have handled it like any other death: Sigh some, whine some, make some insults to the killer, be a bit depressed that you have to run from the east coast for the third time today, getting over it and then smile when you execute the next player you meet with a gunshot to the neck.

Edited by Rissou

Same thing happend to my group of 4. We were between Elektro and Kamyshovo. We were runing back and forth there looking for PKs but there were only fresh spawns there. Sudenly one of us got sniped from the mountain, other one said he saw a guy in front of himself and the guy dissapeared and second after that he got shot.  I was hidden in a bush facing toward Kamyshovo and there was noone there(open field with no place to hide) so i turned and start to look at the mountain toward elektro. Out of nowhere a heard guy saying "hello" behind me and i was sprayed with m4 from pointblank range. Last guy from our team lived a little longer but then he got shot from Otmel island. Everything lasted for like a 1min or so. We don't know if they were server hopping or what (i didn't hear gun reloading sound near me when that guy appeared behind me) but it was just too suspicious with them "teleporting" like that.

Same thing happend to my group of 4. We were between Elektro and Kamyshovo. We were runing back and forth there looking for PKs but there were only fresh spawns there. Sudenly one of us got sniped from the mountain, other one said he saw a guy in front of himself and the guy dissapeared and second after that he got shot.  I was hidden in a bush facing toward Kamyshovo and there was noone there(open field with no place to hide) so i turned and start to look at the mountain toward elektro. Out of nowhere a heard guy saying "hello" behind me and i was sprayed with m4 from pointblank range. Last guy from our team lived a little longer but then he got shot from Otmel island. Everything lasted for like a 1min or so. We don't know if they were server hopping or what (i didn't hear gun reloading sound near me when that guy appeared behind me) but it was just too suspicious with them "teleporting" like that.

Rofl, you guys seriously need to learn how to combat log, there is no need to stay and die a pointless death when people either glitch, hack or ghost. A dead hero is no use to anyone.

I was laughing at the fact that there's really someone so naive to believe that because of BE there isn't "many" cheaters in the game right now.. while we have more cheaters in DayZ SA than in the mod at the moment (because of the popularity if anything).

(it was a bitter laugh tho...)

I haven't seen a cheater for months in Arma 3 in the most populated servers, and Arma 3 has the same problems Arma 2 has. The difference? Arma 2 had cd-keys which were stolen by cheaters and they had dozens of them (rendering any anti-cheat useless).

Even in A2, BattlEye banned so many cheaters, public cheats were extinct and private sites were tearing apart. The only thing keeping cheaters alive were the stolen cd-keys. That's why right now in DayZ there won't be a cheating problem (secured engine, both BE/VAC)!

Edited by TSAndrey

Maybe they should just rely on VAC and allow the hackers to have their Steam Profiles locked?

BE Is utter crap, I don't care what anyone says.

What would you rather have, the same anti-hack that totally worked for the mod - Or the Anti-Hack that will make all purchased games on the steam account worthless?

I'd say the latter gives more incentive..

"Boo hoo, I got banned from ARMA and DayZ" compared to "The $100+ worth of games on my account are all VAC banned now!"

I hate that VAC myth so much. VAC DOES NOT ban all your Steam games. It only bans all engine associated games!

And I`m sure you and your friend did not complain but instantly create a new issue for that glitch in the feedback tracker because you are not playing a game but you are contributing to an alpha test.

Was my issue a glitch, ghosting, blah blah?

Doubtful. Unless I met the ballsiest SOB's in the game who walked around me within 5 ft of me in almost 2 complete circles, who announced their presence 10 seconds before playing loud music through their mic.

Believe that as a glitch?

I got a bridge with santa claus to sell you.

They disappeared close to 7 times throughout the whole ordeal. The only reason I was alive for so long is they were horrdenous shots. I saw the whole thing. No way its ghosting.

with battleye now in the game that wont be happening very often anymore dont worry, just unlucky of you guys to be there. Not really common, i am yet to see a hacker.

if you think battleeye is the jesus of anti-cheat you have another thing coming

1 incident and people assume it's full of them.

In fact, that sounds more like horrible lag & desync rather than HAX0RZZZ (Like you guys describe them. I just like to go about calling them cheaters.)

Really? Google DayZ hacks. Go on, try it. Ive seen hackers in the standalone already. Ive seen hackers on youtube and in screenshots. They are there, they exist and they are growing bigger.

anyone who disagrees with my last post, you're entitled to your opinion, however you must not know alot about the game or Battleye.