Sign in to follow this  
Spidey (DayZ)

Door opening/closing animation

Title says it. Please, I beg you for the mercy of all the zombie gods. Make a door opening/closing animation, as if your character is actually opening/closing them, not just using "the force" and open them by looking... 

This is pretty ridiculous at this point in development. It really isn't necessary...

• Like 1

Didn't they just hire a full time sound engineer to redo the sounds in the game? Hopefully those sound effects are on his list of things to do. While very low on my priority list, I do think not just door animations, but all character animations, are something that needs to be addressed. I'm sure its on the list of things to do but its not net-code and server stabilization so its probably not on the top of their list. They are releasing their roadmap of what is in the works and what needs done later this month so we should have a better picture then of when these needed changes will be coming.

• Like 1

I'd like the option of being able to control the door. Opening it slower to keep the noise down. Opening it normally if im in a hurry. This would give people in a building more of a chance to hear players entering. We already should hear footsteps a little closer in quite a few situations.

"The Dark Mod", a total conversion mod for Doom 3 allowed you to click the "use" key on a door, then you would use the mouse up and down to control the movement. Pretty simple and effective.

Edited by Thane
  • Like 2

I'd like the option of being able to control the door. Opening it slower to keep the noise down. Opening it normally if im in a hurry. 

This^

I think this would be perfect....eventually.

This is a finishing touch, not something that an alpha needs, but definitely something that should be implemented by the final product.

Being able to grab the door slowly, and peek your head in would be awesome. The same way Outlast does it.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Amnesia's door mechanics. Outlast was a little more simple; press button to open quickly (louder), hold button to open slower (quieter).

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Amnesia's door mechanics. Outlast was a little more simple; press button to open quickly (louder), hold button to open slower (quieter).

Yeah I think this would make a nice addition to the game, provided that you can in fact open the door very quickly. I really don't want to be in a situation where i'm running from a horde or a player then suddenly perform an extremely slow animation to open a door to a building.

Yeah I think this would make a nice addition to the game, provided that you can in fact open the door very quickly. I really don't want to be in a situation where i'm running from a horde or a player then suddenly perform an extremely slow animation to open a door to a building.

Agree'd for speed. But stealth is also a useful factor that we need to take into consideration. Stalking a player, or if you're in a town full of zombies that will undoubtedly cause bother if sparked.