TedZ

Suggest an Item Thread!

12g Birdshot (Lower damage than buckshot, better for hunting, must have enough DMG to take down a rabbit with one shot)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/124884-give-us-what-we-do-not-need-junk-and-unique-loot/

initial post:

Inspired by several threads and of course this famous one from joeyslucky22 i wanted to gain a thread where we all can focus on items of any kind or use which you would like to see ingame. Everything is allowed from absolutely useless junk over seemingly useless loot to must-have memorabilia.

• Think about what would you find in an ordinary home/on farms/on a city street/in a vehicle/city hall etc. most likely?
  • What would have some sentimental value to you but possibly/most likely not to others?
  • What would have some "sentimental" value to the "to be established" society in this fictional apocalyptic world (besides bullets, fuel, or food etc.)?
  • Always keep in mind, your loot to fit more or less plausibly this given scenario.
Some examples:
  • Banknotes

• fits the scenario
  • can be found almost everywhere and at some points even in piles
  • can burn
  • can be used as bait??
  • interesting question: What would you do, when you find a bag of banknotes?

• a bold 2001 vintage of "Crimean's Finest" sparkling wine

• fits the scenario even better than banknotes!
  • can be found very rarely. Maybe in a Manor or in a Bank..
  • consumable?..or just a prop of very sentimental value, worth to defend till the end.

• CD's, cassettes, DVD's.

• can be found occasionally
  • can be used to broadcast music/info from radio stations?
  • could contain background info of the outbrake or other mysteries (maybe investigated by local police forces)
  • well could CD's/DVD's reflect light??

• pieces of shattered mirrors/glass

• literally everywhere were once human settled
  • can reflect light
  • could be used as "swift to acquire" - shivs

These examples do not have to have a real functionality (eg. consumable or useable in anyway) in the first place. But these functionalites could than be added eventually.
The idea is simply to add more diversity in adding seemingly useless junk as money or maybe unique loot as champagne/sparkling wine into the game to even advance the idea of scavenging. Going through junk and making decisions "That is awesome, but can i afford my remaining space to be wasted for sparkling wine? Ohh YEAH it can..."

Some other ideas: Cloths&towels, vac-packed instant-coffee, watches, coins, puppets&dolls, Matryoshkas, pans, fire extinguishers, ...

Edited by joe_mcentire

Marijuana smoking shouldn't give sickness nor pain lol. It should actually cure pain.

But maybe smoking it too much could cause you to need more and more...

That was the idea, to CURE sickness and pain, but at a price of major HUNGER...

This IS NOT DayZ MOD, i do not look at the DayZ MOD forums for this kind of stuff, i play SA not Mod 

ahhh homo sapiens sapiens...which fine specimen

You know, I hope the forum mods and admin would make a sticky on the suggestion subforum of what not to suggest, just like on the Kerbal Space Program forums. This way people don't go retarded on the subforum and post things that have already been suggested. Not saying that this thread is bad though, I'm writing this so that the thread can get bumped and more people would see it. People should search more often before creating new threads like the ones I've seen today.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Segway Human Transporter

How funny would it be to see this

roll by with someone on it..

Repair would take battery of course

two wheels and gearbox.

Edited by RAGEnCHAOS

Marijuana should grow wild, be able to harvest for SICKNESS and PAIN.  MAJOR side affect: HUNGER

The giggles and that snorting coughing sound.

smoke like with the breath in cold weather.

Billy Club

Weapon non harmful

Knock people out with no lasting damage

maybe 2 or three full min.

It would not be used often I mean you need to sneak

up on someone most people would not take the time.

Can loot them afterwards or just sneak by.

Edited by RAGEnCHAOS

I think we since we have Duct Tape, we definitly should have WD40 in the game.

Like in this universal flowchart here (which I borrowed from http://blog.onlinemetals.com/), you can see there are a lot of uses for WD40.

engineering-flowchart.jpg

Some examples for you:

• Lubricate something
  • Clean weapons
  • Use as starting fluid for engines
  • Use as  fire accelerant for campfires
  • Spray on top of ladders to make survivors slip off (just kidding)

Thanks for reading

Captain Miles

• Like 3

We cant forget about our guns, I don't mean guns I mean our guns. With weapon degradation and being damaged by players we will need items to repair our gear. Remember you may be able to trust a friend , you may be able to trust that friendly guy you just met, but you will always be able to trust your cleaned and maintained weapon. In Misery in a recent update they added a bunch of items to repair and maintain your gear.

Some examples are the high tier gun repair kits that were specific to the type of gun or caliber,exe. small bore rifle repair kit, large bore repair kit, pistol repair kit, 12g repair kit whetstone. These were for repairing and replacing parts so they could be used on a weapon that is fairly broken, but they were heavy and rare. They also had items for cleaning and maintaining, such as lubricant spray,gun oil, grease and cleaning solutions. these could be used with any weapon but only if they were damaged a tiny bit. They could also be used with everyday items to increase the effectiveness of the repair such as, steel wool, tools, weapon/mechanic manuals. and kits with fine tools like military field gear, and grooming kits.

The same was also done with clothing with clothing repair kits and sewing kits, and they could be used with cloth, kevlar for the medium armor and other various things.

Just had a thought, they should add expired versions of certain medical things like morphine or painkillers. they should be more frequent then the good medical supplies and have a random chance to get you sick.

Edited by Vector636

Bump, updated with what i can good possibly find, I LUV BEANZ

I would love to see archery added to the game. Longbows and Crossbows.

ammunition: Bolts & Arrows

Perhaps MREs at Military Locations. Containing more than food. Coffee grounds, toilet paper, chewing gum, tape, matches, etc. Could be mostly related to crafting and cooking.

Net Traps. A device you can craft and set up to snare unaware players. Non-lethal and temporary.

• Like 2

Berets in since last patch, found greem, blue, black and a red version.

As i don't find tazers in the list. Here it is;

Add a tazer, good for knocking people out, can be lethal when the person hit has a stressed out heart ( from running long ways example)

You can knock them up, rob them, and so on.

Issue here is, close range only.

i think the major problems with the weapons list right now are very simple:

1.) not a lot of area specific or time period specific guns

2.) too many military grade weapons/ not enough civi weapons

3.) too many western hemisphere type guns (we are in Russia, not USA)

Edited by hoopman130
  • Like 1

Military poncho please. It could keep you dry when its raining and is worn over everything except maybe your backpack. When not using it you could make a tent/shelter out of it by crafting it with sticks and/or rope to store items or keep you warm and try when resting in the wilderness.

l_poncho.jpg

prod_5425.jpg

P1010007Copy1.jpg

Last pic is my favourite.

• Like 4

Hello there

I have one of these at home

aNnwjGG.png?1

Id like to see the wasaw pact equiv in game.

Theyre cumbersome but loads of fun

Rgds

LoK

PS its a range finder BTW

Edited by orlok

- Skateboard -

I have been running down roads for hours now, some parts are absolutely fantastic if you would have a skateboard, longboard, or even skeelers or such in your inventory.

Long downhill? do it fast and efficient on wheels.

In general this uses less time and energy to travel from town to town and would seem like a very desirable object

That would defeat the purpose of DayZ.

Sounds to me like you need to spend a little more time

and energy searching for an alternative mode of transportation.

It really saves your time and life sometimes.

a faster mode of transportation.  

Updated, Should we have a sticky?

• Like 1