TedZ

Suggest an Item Thread!

Baby carriages + shopping carts (great storage, limit movement speed)

Poison (apply to weapons,food)

Bells (make trip wire sound traps)

Zombie guts (loot off zombie with edged melee, apply to self for

reduced aggro radius for 1 day cycle or until clothes reach "soaking wet" status)

Agitation stick (used for dog training/animal control. Imagine wrangling a zombie and leading them around the map, at other survivors or simply Michon style from The Walking Dead)

Edited by UbuntuFoo

Clothes:

Bikerchaps :>

leather jacket / or leather punk jacket (since we already have red punk-boots in DayZ... ;) )

Leg holster

Poncho (the last layer of clothing, so above jacket/t-shirt, vest and backpack)

Not only military, but also more common, civilian ponchos in green ( :> ), blue, red and brown.

Edited by irishroy

Got some new suggestions, also a reason to bump the thread.

How about respirators? No, not those military gas masks or the respirator that's already in the game, but respirators that serve other purposes for jobs.

Respirator for painting hazards:

34911-0400-3ww-l.jpg

Respirator for chemical hazards:

Chemical-Respirator.jpg

They may look the same, but they can be different in the game in terms of the name and the filter shape.

WEAPONS:

throwing knives/tomahawks!

Blow/dart gun

riot shield!

Equipment/clothes:

Leg/belt holster

bandoleer

dual chest holster

i suggested the legholster, and Chris Torchia told us/ me (;)), that they are thinking about bringing this into the gaim

Military poncho please. It could keep you dry when its raining and is worn over everything except maybe your backpack. When not using it you could make a tent/shelter out of it by crafting it with sticks and/or rope to store items or keep you warm and try when resting in the wilderness.

l_poncho.jpg

A perfect alternative to a ghillie (which has become stale).

i suggested the legholster, and Chris Torchia told us/ me ( ;)), that they are thinking about bringing this into the gaim

Oops my bad! didnt mean to steal your suggestion  :D

Melee weapons made with salvages scraps would imo fit in a P.A. environment

Boomeran with razors

Poolcue with sharpened end to use as a spear for hunting

More likely to be found in a russian enviroment :

the sickle...

Icehockey sticks, add a blade and its slicing time!

too bad Babushkas are made of wood, they would make nice grenade shells if made from iron

Will update soon, great suggestions people!

Worker Coveralls (maybe with military variants) (functional with large inventory space)

TTsKO Jacket or Tactical Vest Organization Logo variants (FSB & OMON maybe) (vanity)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RIAN_archive_846846_Dozens_killed_in_Domodedovo_airport_blast.jpg

TTsKO Urban Camo Jacket and Pants variants http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:OMON.jpg

Firefighter's Flame Resistant Jacket and Pants (practical if/once fire and explosions added)

Politsiya Uniform and Cap (vanity maybe, likely a little tougher material) http://www.russiainpictures.com/russian-police (obviously those two were some of the first to go down lol)

Russian Tactical Helmet

Also TedZ I started a similar type post wherein I'm trying to gather the consensus items - I linked your thread here as a general idea generation thread which also is very valuable.  Hope you don't mind.

Just to make everyone mad: SCAR-L, SCAR-H, XM8 SAW, XM8 Sharpshooter, M107, M82A2, AS50, MK14 EBR, MP412, Five-Seven, MK23 SOCOM, Desert Eagle, Taurus Raging Bull, Steyr AUG A1, L85A1, AS VAL, AN-94, AK-12, HK-417, M1 Garand, G-43, UMP-45, TDI Vector, QBZ-95, AW-50, RPK-74, M60, M240B, MK48, M136, GE M134 Handheld Minigun, SMAW, FIM-92 Stinger, FGM-148 Javelin, Fallout 3 Plasma Rifle, Tactical Nuke, Tsar Bomba, Orbital Death Ray, Death Star, Universal Destructor, Fabric of Reality Destroyer, Existence Eliminator and a water pistol, all of which spawn in every house at least 10000 times a minute.

... Fallout 3 Plasma Rifle, Tactical Nuke, Tsar Bomba, Orbital Death Ray, Death Star, Universal Destructor, Fabric of Reality Destroyer, Existence Eliminator and a water pistol, all of which spawn in every house at least 10000 times a minute.

Trolling like a boss :P

Trolling like a boss :P

I'm thinking the water pistol would be too unbalanced, even if realistic. The Existence Eliminator may also be, but I think those are common enough to justify.

• Like 1

But in the context of this thread, it's just listing off pretty much every gun and item ever suggested. Most of them do not fit the scenario (I.E. TDI Vector, FN SCAR etc.) or are just not common enough (Sako R-95, for example). I do want to see quite a lot of the guns suggested, though.

• Like 1

Worker Coveralls (maybe with military variants) (functional with large inventory space)

TTsKO Jacket or Tactical Vest Organization Logo variants (FSB & OMON maybe) (vanity)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RIAN_archive_846846_Dozens_killed_in_Domodedovo_airport_blast.jpg

TTsKO Urban Camo Jacket and Pants variants http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:OMON.jpg

Firefighter's Flame Resistant Jacket and Pants (practical if/once fire and explosions added)

Politsiya Uniform and Cap (vanity maybe, likely a little tougher material) http://www.russiainpictures.com/russian-police (obviously those two were some of the first to go down lol)

Russian Tactical Helmet

Also TedZ I started a similar type post wherein I'm trying to gather the consensus items - I linked your thread here as a general idea generation thread which also is very valuable.  Hope you don't mind.

Now I would really like that TTsKO jacket with the hoodie.

• Like 1

But in the context of this thread, it's just listing off pretty much every gun and item ever suggested. Most of them do not fit the scenario (I.E. TDI Vector, FN SCAR etc.) or are just not common enough (Sako R-95, for example). I do want to see quite a lot of the guns suggested, though.

That's true, but I looked at this like a brainstorming thread.  Plus it is way better for potential posters to come here and post a one-off idea about their favorite weapon in real life than creating a whole thread about it no?  As long a TedZ continues to update main page, I think this thread serves a useful purpose.  It's not like OP is demanding all these things be put in game, just giving a whole range of options.  That's how I saw it at any rate.

These are old but add them to the list.

Simple Distraction Device

Mirror/Rope or Para Cord/Hunting Knife- Combine and scroll menu item while next to windows or trees so they swing while reflecting light attracting sniper/players.

Spike Strip

Wood/Tool Box/Nails- Combine and scroll menu while over a road to lay down homemade spike strip to flatten car tires.

Antibiotics (penicillin)

Canteen/Moldy Orange/Hunting knife/"Common Ingredients"- Labeled "common ingredients" when looted from stores but in the inventory it can list items used in the (media) for logistics. Combine with water and store in tent to create.

Improvised Tourniquet

Stick (Creates Two Parts)/Shirt (Creates Two Parts)- Combine to make two IT's.

Crystal Radio

Plastic Bottle/Hunting Knife/Nails/Wire/Battery/Germanium Diode/Broken Phone/Tape- Combine to make radio.

Improvised Body Armor

Hunting Knife/Woven Roving/Polyester Resin/Wood/Rope- Combine to make improvised body armor

Bicycle helmet - some 'shock' resistance but breaks easily. Less visual field limitation (and no hearing disturbance) than a motor cycle helmet.

Fingerless gloves.

Crafted: parachute plus light engine and propeller makes a powered paraglider. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_paragliding

They seem to be all over Europe. Could also add metal tubing and wheels to create a two place powered parachute. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_parachute

Yay, now I can be duck hunting on the airfields! :D

• Like 1