leefriendfield

While digging through the game files I found some new guns

http://gyazo.com/2fb57edd8cba021affdbec459d510171

Here we see some guns that were hinted in a pole by the devs not too long ago

AK-47 Alrady confirmed nothing special about it

Ruger 10/22 Dev hosted poll asked people to vote for guns and this was on of them

SKS Dev hosted poll asked people to vote for guns and this was on of them

Double Barrel Shotgun: I dont screenshots for it but it is in the files too as weapon_shotguns

Edited by LeeFriendField

So the next update is going to contain two snipers and an AK.

Wooo. gg on the find!

Why would they add the textures and not the guns doe ;_;

Edited by ChristmasLunch

Everyone gets a hard on for AK 47 personaly Russian guns are nothing for me to get excited about. However some of the less known common guns are nice. But seriously AK anything has been in SO many freaking games.

Well, I plan to use the AK in honor of its diseased inventor, Michael Kalashnikov.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Well, I plan to use the AK in honor of its diseased inventor, Michael Kalashnikov.

May the coastline forever be safe

RIP

Someone on the /r/dayz found some similar things only a few days ago.

There was another one with pictures but I can't find it atm.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1u6qmt/things_i_found_after_a_look_in_the_pbos/

Thanks for sending that post, I had completely forgotten about that shotgun in the game files.

• Like 1

Wooo. gg on the find!

Why would they add the textures and not the guns doe ;_;

ha SKS is more DMR, AK is well just an AK like you said, and the Ruger 10/22 is just a .22 rifle so i wouldnt expect nothing more than a zombie gun or a basic rifle at best.

• Like 1

ha SKS is more DMR, AK is well just an AK like you said, and the Ruger 10/22 is just a .22 rifle so i wouldnt expect nothing more than a zombie gun or a basic rifle at best.

I wouldnt call the SKS a DMR, it it more of an AK than anything with a longer barrel

• Like 1

http://gyazo.com/2fb57edd8cba021affdbec459d510171

Here we see some guns that were hinted in a pole by the devs not too long ago

AK-47 Alrady confirmed nothing special about it

Ruger 10/22 Dev hosted poll asked people to vote for guns and this was on of them

SKS Dev hosted poll asked people to vote for guns and this was on of them

Double Barrel Shotgun: I dont screenshots for it but it is in the files too as weapon_shotguns

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162639-upcoming-itemsweapons/

Search function works.

• Like 1

I wouldnt call the SKS a DMR, it it more of an AK than anything with a longer barrel

Yea, i havnt really loved any o the sks's ive played with irl... good lil scrub rifle, pig gun. A few people seem to have a hard on for em... Not exactly what id call precision engineering.

Cant wait for AK47 <3

RIP M.Kalashnikov

Do you guys know if that SKS rifle 7.62 or not? I hope its not a one shot kill weapon

Cant wait for AK47 <3

RIP M.Kalashnikov

Do you guys know if that SKS rifle 7.62 or not? I hope its not a one shot kill weapon

Yes, the SKS fires 7.62mm rounds.

Everyone gets a hard on for AK 47 personaly Russian guns are nothing for me to get excited about. However some of the less known common guns are nice. But seriously AK anything has been in SO many freaking games.

russian guns are nothing to get excited about?! :D dude. 7.62 caliber automatic assault rifle.

if you get hands on that thing, compared to the m4, youll obliterate your enemys

/edit

@Mos1ey yes, the SKS is 7,62 x 39 mm

Edited by =GS=Quobble

Cant wait for AK47 <3

RIP M.Kalashnikov

Yeah, it's 7.62 but it's a different kind.

The Mosin Nagant uses 7.62x54mm, which is a full rifle cartridge.

The SKS uses 7.62x39mm, an intermediate round designed for assault rifles and carbines. This is the same round that the AK47/AKM use.

Meanwhile the AK74, which is also being added, uses 5.45x39mm. This is more accurate but less powerful than 7.62x39mm.

russian guns are nothing to get excited about?!  :D dude. 7.62 caliber automatic assault rifle.

if you get hands on that thing, compared to the m4, youll obliterate your enemys

They're adding the AK74, which uses a lighter round similar to 5.56x45mm (the round the M4 uses). Probably, the AKM will be added at some point as well.

Edited by Celt

An sks is not in any way shape or form any kind of "marksmans rifle"

• Like 2

Um.. more like the next update is going to contain zero snipers, a shotgun (finally to be able to use all the ammo we come across), a starter semi-auto rifle (Ruger) that will hopefully be quite common in residential buildings so we can avoid the terribly clunky melee system, a semi-auto fixed magazine rifle (SKS), and a full-auto rifle with detachable magazines using the same 7.62x39R ammo as the SKS (AK47).

Please tell me which of these 4 weapons are "snipers"?  The AK and SKS are not inherently accurate at long range compared to virtually any bolt-action hunting rifle or even the M4/M16/AR15 platform - they weren't designed to be either.

I would think to be realistic the AK would have to be a bit less accurate than the M4 but do more damage, penetrate objects more.

good to see they have the skins in the game but that doesn't mean they are going to be in soon.

I wanna see the dragunov or SVD in the game :)

Man, I just want the shotgun. Have 30 something shells just sitting around. :P

AK should be more accurate and more damage to over 300 meters, but lots of recoil and hard to control even with bursts.

AKs are notoriously inaccurate past 300 yards. The should do more damage but be less accurate than the M4. If they ever had fire arm maintenance in the game the AK should require less.