gamerer

"Friendlies" are just a bunch of lamers

lol dude we would ice you so fast you would quit the game, never let anyone know you are there

We patrol Kamyshovo, it's not hard to see us. 

There are 3 spawn points in kamyshovo, plus roads coming in both ways. We need to patrol it to find the most number of targets. 

If we get shot at we live to fight another day anyway. 

how about you rambo types actually engage a group for some good old fashioned PvP Not shooting one in the back from hundreds of meters lol.

That's a draconian concept.  While you're standing in a nice, neat line worried more about chivalry than winning, my posse will be taking tactical positions and eliminating you with a single volley.  You wouldn't know what hit you.

Edited by WastedSpaceman
  • Like 1

Still masturbating so hard because I was able to sneak "draconian" into a conversation.

Still not seeing why this thread hasn't been nuked yet.

I am inclined to agree with phantasm, every time I hear little friendly squeaks over direct chat tries to talk over direct chat it makes me savor the kill.

• Like 1

Does anyone else feel like those who announce "friendly!  friendly!" over comms sound like emasculated wimps?  Unless you're setting someone up for an ambush by luring them in, it's just so...weak.  I have no respect for the weak.  At least be creative and say something like "don't shoot!  I'm just looking for some Preparation-H!"  Telling me you're "friendly" is a request for high velocity lead therapy to the cranium.

http://youtu.be/Ivz4NA4zHzQ?t=58s

How is yelling that you're friendly and then trying to kill someone not cowardly as well?  Works both ways.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

That's a draconian concept.  While you're standing in a nice, neat line worried more about chivalry than winning, my posse will be taking tactical positions and eliminating you with a single volley.  You wouldn't know what hit you.

strange where in arma is this standing together with no tactics crap wouldnt be a very good arma player lol those standing together easy to see are the chicken yellow guts needs medical help division while there laughing torturing the bambi the 3 snipers of our little group that ranges between 6 and 9  will have ended most of them before the fun even really gets started for grunts like me.

But wasted spaceman if you think thats how it is i havent recieved your pm yet you brave brave tactical man you (bring it lol )

lol dude we would ice you so fast you would quit the game, never let anyone know you are there

Vouch for sig he will fucking rape you

It's the opposite actually. If you say friendly then it mean you're willing to risk your life to make friends with some guy

strange where in arma is this standing together with no tactics crap wouldnt be a very good arma player lol those standing together easy to see are the chicken yellow guts needs medical help division while there laughing torturing the bambi the 3 snipers of our little group that ranges between 6 and 9  will have ended most of them before the fun even really gets started for grunts like me.

But wasted spaceman if you think thats how it is i havent recieved your pm yet you brave brave tactical man you (bring it lol )

http://youtu.be/scKnjXpCHQ4?t=2m11s

• Like 1

I played as a "friendly" once, several times actually. Then on two separate occasions I was axed from behind. The first time I stumbled upon a dude moaning in the grass and spraying blood like old faithful. I slapped a bandage on him. He was appreciative and asked if I had any food. About that time a zombo comes rolling in on us so I deal with it. First the zombie fell, then I fell on the zombie after the dude I rescued put his axe in my head. That was the first character I every played in Dayz and I was decked out from tinkering around in the light servers - M4, about 120 rounds, three canteens, gobs of food etc...It was a lesson I needed to learn, but damn it hurt. Second one was a straight set up all the way and I knew it as soon as I started talking to the dude, but by that point I couldn't have gotten away without getting shot in the back. Fool me once, but I now know, if they don't wave, shoot'em. If they do wave, shoot'em twice.

• Like 1

I took a big risk and helped someone today by giving him my entire rucksack of supplies. And I didn't get my face axed in. we both had melee weapons.

Merged.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

You cannot be proved wrong in the fact that you prefer kos. Friendlies cannot be proved in the fact that they choose not too.

Here is a bunch of kos types we met in Elektro. Two more around the corner down the alleyway.

msj1x3.jpg

Prove me wrong.

They're just pining for the fjords.

why isn't this in graveyard by now, OP said on page two already he made an easy provocative thread when drunk

why isn't this in graveyard by now, OP said on page two already he made an easy provocative thread when drunk

So that I have somewhere to merge all of these nonsensical topics.

LOL laughed my butt of at this beans for the joke but ah yeah we aint using muskets a few of us a retired diggers including me ( digger slang for an aussie solider) does it mean we any good maybe maybe not come try us lol you have said your crew will wipe us i am all for finding out heck we will even go to your server giving huge advantage of PING.

There is a saying that fits this NUT UP OR SHUT UP and strangely i still have no pm from you are those nuts a little small ( not intended as insult more as motivational inspiration to meet in pvp lol )

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Don't need to.

When I play, I meet people. Sometimes we hang out. Sometimes we run away from each other. Sometimes something else happens.

I don't see a reason to kill other people on sight.

It's a game, we play it in different ways. No worries.

This ^^

The only reason TO kill on sight, is actually two things. Deathmatch mentality, and lack of imagination. It's much more interesting to get captured, held up etc than just die from an invisible enemy.

Edited by Irenicus

Mostly wrong decision made by you. You can always talk out of being killed when they want to handcuff you.

Handcuffed? I'd rather die. 99% of the time, they are going to take your ammo, your food and your weapon. Have you not seen any of the youtube videos? Or if its my crew, we inject them with poison, make them eat rotten fruit etc....being handcuffed is being dead. I'd rather spray and pray and die, maybe taking a few down with me as I go.

Youre funny. "talk your way out". I'll wiggle a friendly F2 as people are shooting at me from 100 yards. That should stop them. :rolleyes:

LOL laughed my butt of at this beans for the joke but ah yeah we aint using muskets a few of us a retired diggers including me ( digger slang for an aussie solider) does it mean we any good maybe maybe not come try us lol you have said your crew will wipe us i am all for finding out heck we will even go to your server giving huge advantage of PING.

There is a saying that fits this NUT UP OR SHUT UP and strangely i still have no pm from you are those nuts a little small ( not intended as insult more as motivational inspiration to meet in pvp lol )

There can't be an honest test of ability between your group of soldiers and my friends and I.  It would be asymmetric warfare.  I was referring to the firing line because that's the closest thing we could have to a fair fight in DayZ.  If we both tried, we'd both dig in to tactical positions and one would have a geographical upper hand.  Plus, I don't want to lose my press vest.  It boosts my CDI factor ten fold.

Wrong. I shoot anything that might retaliate against me, and Ive been having fun since june 2012.

oh but you ARE having fun. so its all good

Im sick of people saying... "If you want to play deathmatch go play CoD or BF4"

How about this....

If you want to play Zombie PvE co-op go play Left 4 Dead 

KoS-ing is part of an open PvP sandbox.  Deal with it. 

oh but I by all means want to have KoSing murderers in the game, and oppose any idea of artificially discouraging it. if everybody was friendly, i could as well play Sims.

i just find that DayZ is not much of a skill-based shooter compared to others.

I have decided that because people combat log, and people kill on sight continuously, I am completely justified in handcuffing freshspawns and feeding them rubbing alcohol.

• Like 1

There can't be an honest test of ability between your group of soldiers and my friends and I.  It would be asymmetric warfare.  I was referring to the firing line because that's the closest thing we could have to a fair fight in DayZ.  If we both tried, we'd both dig in to tactical positions and one would have a geographical upper hand.  Plus, I don't want to lose my press vest.  It boosts my CDI factor ten fold.

Now here is an honest answer LOL we could always well try one of those duels that one of the moderators made a thread about lol.

Ya know the old fashion back to back 10 paces turn and shoot (most likely result of that though is bystander seeing 2 armed guys pistols drawn back to back will just shoot us both ).

Not many situations in life or in Dayz is strictly fair ...

• Like 1

Guise! Guise! I just did research that if you kill 10 000 people in Day Z you win the game. YOU WIN THE GAME! That is why we all play right?! To win?! YES!? Nothing is better than winning an open ended game! WINNNNNNN! WAAUUURGGHHHHH. Shoooot everythiinnngg! Pew pew!

I am relatively sure after writing that, I now have a brain damage. To the hospital!

But people play how they play, who the bloody gives a crap, it is a game for crying out loud. (Combat logging, hacking and such hopefully will be stomped out somewhat I would assume)

• Like 1

I shoot other players.. I just prefer to interact with players rather than playing a deathmatch. Sometimes those interactions result in a gunfight. Sometimes they result in a friendship. Usually the result somewhere inbetween. If you want a deathmatch there are plenty of other games to do that in. COD, Counter-Strike, Battlefield; to name a few.

And, I've played several games competitively (In leagues) and won money at LAN tournaments. 

It doesn't take skill to shoot an unarmed player.

It doesn't take skill to shoot a man in the back while he's running away.

It doesn't take skill to snipe someone while they're looting from 400m away.

Anyone can do that shit, so if anyone couldn't handle other FPS games, it's people who run around getting their dick hard by KOSing every player they see and pretending to be "hardcore KOS bandits".. The type of players who hang out all day near the coast picking on fresh spawns are the same type who get their asses royally handed to them in a heads up fair gun fight where both groups are armed equally.

I can't tell you how to play.. Maybe you think it's fun to collect FlashLights off of fresh spawns.. Or maybe you're so bored with your day to day life that sitting on a hill in full camo with a sniper rifle and picking off 1 player every hour or so at the airfield is the highlight of your day, but I think I can speak for most people when I say: We're not impressed.

For me, DayZ is about the player interactions.. It's about building a character from the ground up and gaining a reputation as a player or as a squad, where people on your "home" server know they can trust you and know when shit hits the fan you have their back. It's fun to get a small group of organized players and control the majority of the vehicles on the map, wipe out peoples bases, and lay the smack down on bandits in Elektro who pick on noobs.. It's fun running into a new person and communicating through the tension. It's fun taking people hostage and watching what kind of action emerges from a chance encounter. 

If I just shoot people on sight, then none of those things are possible. If there's any life lesson to be learned from DayZ, it's that possessions are meaningless without people to share them with, and that friends/allies are more valuable than resources.

Good post. Thanks for bringing current sense to my banditry in the standalone. Being an older ARMA nut, i live both for the kill, and the interactions that result in doing well by the men I meet. If I were to meet you on the field, I would proudly be your overwatch. You sound like you know how the 'real' game is played.

Edited by Gekkonidae