Sign in to follow this  
Atrixia

Communicating Without Headset

Started playing DayZ properly yesterday and I'm loving it, one thing that's holding me at a disadvantage is that I don't have a headset...when I run into players, I can't talk to them so tend to just run away being a bit of a noob. Obviously i'd like to team up where possible or at least announce myself as friendly, what's the best way to do this?

Will be hard without a mic since playing along with you means alot of exposure because of ingame chat

Use ingame chat!

open it with: -

Its proximity Iike voice chat too

Great! I was looking through the commands list and must have missed it. Many Thanks :)

Yeh acekaze, I might buy a headset if I get into it - I'd at least like to be able to say I'm friendly, I will probably still run away  :D

Started playing DayZ properly yesterday and I'm loving it, one thing that's holding me at a disadvantage is that I don't have a headset...when I run into players, I can't talk to them so tend to just run away being a bit of a noob. Obviously i'd like to team up where possible or at least announce myself as friendly, what's the best way to do this?

there is one simple way to fix the issue.

Buy a headset

Plain and simple.

Just get one.

Do it now.

Srsly, you have such a disadvantage without a headset. And you cant have a microphone if you are using speakers. 

how you can play games without a headset now a days. Headsets now a days are a necessity, you are holding yourself back so far not having one.

EDIT: Nobody wants to team up with a guy that doesn't have a headset btw

Edited by Tooeasyy

how you can play games without a headset now a days. Headsets now a days are a necessity, you are holding yourself back so far not having one.

EDIT: Nobody wants to team up with a guy that doesn't have a headset btw

I'm generally an unsociable bastard, my self esteem couldn't take many more people ignoring me :P

This is the only true MP game I play these days since I fell out with Battlefield releasing their Alpha marketed as a full price game, so no real need for one...if I get into it, I'll get one. Had my first text encounter and bandaged someone up, it'll do for now

Honestly, if you don't have a headset then I would just go all Solid Snake and avoid people completely.

I'd recommend investing in a mic (even just a cheap 'n cheerful desk mic, some kind of headphones too to avoid feedback preferably) if you want to get the most out of DayZ.

If you're in need of a headset, you can pick them up for cheap prices. I've had mics with fairly good quality that were under £20.

Started playing DayZ properly yesterday and I'm loving it,{blah blah blah} I don't have a headset...

This is an oxymoron. You cannot play properly without a way to voip. even / for chat is fairly useless.

Go to best buy or someplace similar and spend 10 bucks on a rudimentary headset with mic attached. Or spend hundreds on a high-end one. It doesnt matter, except to have one.

Most people will shoot you, no com = bad

you can buy a desktop mic for $10. I would suggest this route, rather than trying to QE your way to friendliness.

Then buy one. You can get one for $10

there is one simple way to fix the issue.

Buy a headset

Plain and simple.

Just get one.

Do it now.

Srsly, you have such a disadvantage without a headset. And you cant have a microphone if you are using speakers. 

Incorrect. I use speakers, because I have a big expensive high quality surround system and I use a microphone just fine.

Incorrect. I use speakers, because I have a big expensive high quality surround system and I use a microphone just fine.

headsets are for nubs

5.1 with speakers physically around you give the best immersion.

proper microphones are da shit for quality. (vs headset/bluetooth/desktop thin/etc)

headsets are for nubs

5.1 with speakers physically around you give the best immersion.

proper microphones are da shit for quality. (vs headset/bluetooth/desktop thin/etc)

yeah i love those people who 'splode the whole teamspeak channel as soon as they push-to-talk, because their sound system floods everyone else with their combat sounds (and half of the time with their shitty music). insta-mute.

If you plan on playing DayZ for any length of time, then it's highly recommended to invest in a headset. You need to be able to communicate in this game, especially if you plan on grouping with anyone. Personally if I ran across you in-game and tried to talk to you and you didn't respond, I'd send a few bullets your way thinking that you were up to no good.

in this thread we learn that everyone is automatically against the deaf and the mute..

Edited by largestherb

in this thread we learn that everyone is automatically against the deaf and the mute..

At no point in this thread did anyone say anything disparaging about the deaf/mute community. If the OP was a deaf/mute person I'm sure that would have been added and if that was the case I am sure some of the responses, including mine would have been more constructive towards that end. 

Edited by kegaro2

At no point in this thread did anyone say anything disparaging about the deaf/mute community. If the OP was a deaf/mute person I'm sure that would have been added and if that was the case I am sure some of the responses, including mine would have been more constructive towards that end. 

Just ignorant ;-)

I will get a mic...the thread and the hundreds of youtube vids have persuaded me, I'm more of a hero style...Mic is essential for helping new spawns...typing leaves me too exposed. Cheap £20 one should do the job, thanks for the persuasions

• Like 1