DropBearChick

BREAKING NEWS: loot spawn on restart is intentional!

i lost half of my stuff that was in my backpack.

• Like 1

i lost half of my stuff that was in my backpack.

Backpack in a backpack eh? Just get a Hunting Pack and tons of custom-crafted medkits and carrier cases.

OFC its intentional.

i dont understand why people think loot will respawn.

its good that there is no loot respawning. once loot server hopping is fixed, surviving will finally be harder and fun.

(atm you have way too many pinatas running around, filled with items and high gear)

• Like 1

Backpack in a backpack eh? Just get a Hunting Pack and tons of custom-crafted medkits and carrier cases.

no man, was switching the backbag because i found a bigger one. and in exact this moment , bääm server dc and my backbag was gone.

I want a realistic post-apocalyptic simulator where you spawn already infected with the zombie virus and it's just a matter of time before you die and become a zombie, I will walk around looking for people and yell at them "Don't you get it? We ARE the walking dead!"

So you want a game without any chance to survive...? Wow, that'd be so much fun... Why don't you just spawn with the 'You are dead'-screen, that would be realistic if all people in Chernarus got infected at roughly the same time!

OFC its intentional.

i dont understand why people think loot will respawn.

Hahahaha.

Well, for once, we can read and parse information posted by the development team that gives us a serious advantage in these sort of discussions, additionally we have a grasp on proper game design and understand that despite the delusions of certain segments of the player base the game is not intentionally designed to be boring and frustrating and the development team does not expect players to just 'deal with it' if they picked a server that restarted 3 hours ago.

So you want a game without any chance to survive...? Wow, that'd be so much fun... Why don't you just spawn with the 'You are dead'-screen, that would be realistic if all people in Chernarus got infected at roughly the same time!

That would be super epic and I, like 900,000 other people, would definitely pay 30$ to experience such masterful game design! Someone hire this man!

(I am being sarcastic, much like I was in the post you quoted, I am in fact laughing at people who go 'DURF DURF THIS GAME SHOULD BE HARD! GO BACK TO COD' over the most asinine bugs and unimplemented features)

• Like 1

Hey, I'm just posting to say that you're a delusional know-it-all and that it has been stated explicitly by Rocket that this is only a placeholder until proper loot respawning mechanics are coded directly into the server engine as he did not want to use external scripts for loot respawns as they were inefficient and created a lot of server lag.So HEY! You are wrong and posting misinformation. How does that feel?

Time for a war if you continue this, rocket stated in a devblog that this loot spawning mechanic is to stop loot farmng, give me one good reason for your method and I will accept defeat.

Time for a war if you continue this, rocket stated in a devblog that this loot spawning mechanic is to stop loot farmng, give me one good reason for your method and I will accept defeat.

You are seriously delusional, Rocket's statement which contradicts yours has already been posted like 2 times in this very thread. I do not have the patience to explain game design and 'challenge vs. reward' concepts to someone who thinks that the purpose of a game is to frustrate players and have them run in an empty wilderness for 2 hours before giving up, so i'll just post this thing that Rocket wrote:

Respawning Zombies & Loot

Target Delivery: Early 2014

Currently to have the server check if something needs respawning can cause an issue with performance. We did not want to go with a "scripted" solution for respawning, and it is expensive on server performance. Player spawning on the coast is conducted by the engine, and we are going to employ a similar process for managing zombie and loot spawn (possibly parallelized). This is a high priority task and zombie respawn at least is very close to being implemented.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

See that? where it says "RESPAWNING ZOMBIES & LOOT". Crazy huh.

• Like 3

..besides, any decent game wouldn't roll with a stupid loot spawn like this. Anyone who would accept it as final would be equally stupid and a prime example of a obedient sheep.

• Like 1

..besides, any decent game wouldn't roll with a stupid loot spawn like this. Anyone who would accept it as final would be equally stupid and a prime example of a obedient sheep.

There's a very vocal segment of posters in this forum and on reddit who take pride in being 'hardcore' and 'rolling with the punches', they think that everyone who expects to have fun playing DayZ is 'lazy' and 'should go back to playing CoD'. It is really weird how these people derive so much pride from playing a video game in a certain way that they perceive is 'harder'.

Don't worry people! I'm sure that in the future someone will create a mod that only spawns one rifle and 10 cans of beans every 4 restarts, the water pumps will also run out of water after 5 uses so you'll be able to run across Chernarus starved, parched and unarmed for 45 minutes before you die and restart. It's gonna be epic, you'll be so hardcore.

The rest of us might want to play a game that is fun, please don't judge us.

• Like 2

Deep, deep and long.

at this point, i am not sure how to take a reply like this.

• Like 1

Respawning loot is already in game. Just go sit in one corner of the many barraks and sooner or later these aid packages just respwan near you. Hit em with an axe and profit.

• Like 2

There's a very vocal segment of posters in this forum and on reddit who take pride in being 'hardcore' and 'rolling with the punches', they think that everyone who expects to have fun playing DayZ is 'lazy' and 'should go back to playing CoD'. It is really weird how these people derive so much pride from playing a video game in a certain way that they perceive is 'harder'.

Don't worry people! I'm sure that in the future someone will create a mod that only spawns one rifle and 10 cans of beans every 4 restarts, the water pumps will also run out of water after 5 uses so you'll be able to run across Chernarus starved, parched and unarmed for 45 minutes before you die and restart. It's gonna be epic, you'll be so hardcore.

The rest of us might want to play a game that is fun, please don't judge us.

Even as of now with no loot respawning, finding stuff is very easy as long as you don't hit the exact same loot spots every time like in the mod. Nothing whatsoever "hardcore" about it. People WILL still complain when loot respawn comes because it won't be implemented in the way they want it to be.

That would be super epic and I, like 900,000 other people, would definitely pay 30$ to experience such masterful game design! Someone hire this man!

(I am being sarcastic, much like I was in the post you quoted, I am in fact laughing at people who go 'DURF DURF THIS GAME SHOULD BE HARD! GO BACK TO COD' over the most asinine bugs and unimplemented features)

So was I. Some people just think 'hardcore' means 'impossible to survive'. Hell, I even heard people wanting to remove purification tablets and introduce disease by drinking from unpurified water.

My opinion on the topic is simply: You can't make it 100% realistic. If it was possible to survive in the apocalypse, there wouldn't be an apocalypse.

People are reporting this as a bug throughout the bug tracker

OP is just saying it aint a freakin bug  

Respawning Zombies & Loot

Target Delivery: Early 2014

Currently to have the server check if something needs respawning can cause an issue with performance. We did not want to go with a "scripted" solution for respawning, and it is expensive on server performance. Player spawning on the coast is conducted by the engine, and we are going to employ a similar process for managing zombie and loot spawn (possibly parallelized). This is a high priority task and zombie respawn at least is very close to being implemented.