Sign in to follow this  
acekaze

Confused, i ate a charcoal tablet and got imidiatly sick

I am kinda confused about charcoal tablets, i had  2 pieces of charcoal tablets in my bag, since for some reason you cant combine them, i eated one with 17% left and 2m after that i got sick, i mean i understand about taking medicine when you are not sick having being able to make you sick, but, such small ammount and with something as weak as a charcoal tablet?

Charcoal tablets are supposed to make you sick. You eat rotten fruit or something, take a bunch of charcoal tabs to absorb the poison, vomit, drink and eat then you will get better.

• Like 3

Okai, i already got on antibiotics and vitamins with alot of water and food, lets see if i will heal, but i have a feeling that sickness is maybe way to generalized in this game i mean, is it possible that you will die from charcoal tablets ?

(paste) It's Alpha (/paste)

It's a bug more than likely, they'll fix it eventually.  Only thing I can think of is to do the bug report, see if it's up or not, if it is upvote it, if not make a report.

You were sick to begin with.  For some reason it doesnt show up until you take measures to heal yourself.  The icon wont go away for a little while as it takes time to heal.  Just giv it about 25-30 minutes and it should go away.  It does for me anyways.

• Like 1

I think I've heard pregnant women sometimes do this. It could just be morning sickness.

Maybe he is pregnant.

Perhaps we could all meet up, claim a house and live with love, family and friendship?

I'll be the dad, we could perhaps get it on with our kit off if you know what I mean... Hang on aceaze best play DayZ as a girl...

Shotgun doing the runs though. (And I don't mean the runs like poo.)

Edited by Markcufc

Need to drink alcohol tincture to counteract the charcoal poisoning. 

• Like 1

Anything that heals you actually makes you sick in the game. Antibiotics, using alcohol to treat wounds. The only things that don't have sickness side effects are morphine and painkillers

• Like 1

You were sick to begin with.  For some reason it doesnt show up until you take measures to heal yourself.  The icon wont go away for a little while as it takes time to heal.  Just giv it about 25-30 minutes and it should go away.  It does for me anyways.

Nope that's not what is happening. As i said above, alcohol treating wounds, charcoal and antibiotics all make you sick when healthy.

So since i just took antibiotics after beeing shot. (Thought the wound might been infected) Now im sick because i didnt need to take the pills.. So i just need to force feed my character till he vomits and ill be fine ?

So since i just took antibiotics after beeing shot. (Thought the wound might been infected) Now im sick because i didnt need to take the pills.. So i just need to force feed my character till he vomits and ill be fine ?

Nope.

Almost anything that heals gives you the sickness indicator, it´s pretty much harmless and goes away with time. You just need to eat and drink to restore your healht and blood levels.

Nope.

Almost anything that heals gives you the sickness indicator, it´s pretty much harmless and goes away with time. You just need to eat and drink to restore your healht and blood levels.

Oh okay champ. Just thought when you are indicated sick you are most likely F***** :). But i did try to vomit before, didnt help. But ill try keep up with the food and drinks. Cheers ! 

I accidently drank alcohol tincture once. Charcoal tablets saved my life then.

Charcoal tablets in the game work like charcoal tabs in real life. They're a counter measure to being poisoned. They make you violently ill, and basically turn the inside of your stomach into teflon so that none of the poison remains. They're brutal, but effective. You only take them when death is the other option.

• Like 1

I've drank the Alcohol Tincture a few times, A sip now and then before going into Elektro or Balota to steady the hand. No side effects whatsoever.

Maybe it's because I'm Scottish  :rolleyes: