Hikurac

The strength of handcuffs

The strength of handcuffs  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Handcuffs should be...

• Completely unbreakable or only when they are pristine
    • Just take a much longer time to break out of
    • Stay as they are

Alright, handcuffs as they are now are rather pathetic. You can easily break out of them in a matter of seconds, regardless of their condition. So do you think they should change or not?

They should be rarer or have to take longer to cuff people. That way, it's your own fault.  

Being able to break out of them sounds stupid no matter how you look at it, it's simply game balance, so simply increase the time if you did the crime

How could a pair of hand cuffs become damaged, within different degree's before you find them? They're made from SUPER STEEL!!! They're deigned not to be damaged.

Stupid alpha system, I say this and WOOSH... nothing  

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 1

I vote complete unbreakable but is not full story :|

put bolt cutter in game ;)

34fl3yg.jpg

so is possible for other guy to free you no keys :thumbsup:  :P

but please stop this stupid system where you tap keyboard and they open in 1 minute >:(

what is point of handcuff in game??? :huh:

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1

I vote complete unbreakable but is not full story :|

put bolt cutter in game ;)

34fl3yg.jpg

so is possible for other guy to free you no keys :thumbsup:  :P

but please stop this stupid system where you tap keyboard and they open in 1 minute > :(

what is point of handcuff in game??? :huh:

Friend with pliers breaks you free? 

• Like 1

Friend with pliers breaks you free?

maybe pliers taking 1 minute bolt cutter is instant thing ;)

maybe pliers taking 1 minute bolt cutter is instant thing ;)

Then it would have to be added. 

Bolt cutters could break into fortified houses. 

It would be RARE. 

Considering it has multiple uses..... BOLT CUTTERS should be added. (In my opinion, I'm not a totalitarian Brony)

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 4

I really don't think pliers of the size we have in game would be able to cut through handcuffs...

I'd like to see a unique bind for struggling out of them first. As it stands, even when you're just walking, you're considered to be struggling out of them. What kind of sense does that make if I want to take a prisoner and march him across the countryside with me on a pleasant sightseeing tour? Regarding the poll, I've had pretty good luck with Pristine quality taking awhile to break out of, but I agree the other states (Damaged, Worn) could use a slight longevity increase.

I really don't think pliers of the size we have in game would be able to cut through handcuffs...

Just offering game balance. 

Bolt cutters: not yet implemented 

Edited by DaveZ

why do polices everywhere use this handcuff rubbish?  why they put dangerous killer in this shit if after 20 seconds doing q/E dance they falling to floor like magic?  :huh:

where is coming from this system for struggle out of handcuff??? :huh:

where this skill is exist in world not include magic show illusion bullshits??? :huh:

if you have handcuff on is staying on  >:( unless you using keys or bolt cutter or you destroy hands lose skin and muscle tissue dislocate thumb never using again in same way the hand!!! :o

this 'mechanic' is coming from strange fantasy world of dreams and don't belong in this game >:(

Edited by KoS

I agree that they are breakable too easily. The time it takes to break them on your own should be increased by a lot.

Making handcuffs unbreakable… breaking free so easily might seem unrealistic, but vanishing keys and cuffs after unlocking them are even more unrealistic.

Edited by Baarn

Handcuff are extremely hard to break with the way they make them now a days. But for game purposes I can understand having them breakable. But realistically you would be pretty fucked trying to just break them with your hands. I laugh every time I see someone trying to break of of cuffs. I just tell them, " good luck Armstrong" 

I say, ditch cuffs and put more rope in game. At least wriggling out of rope "cuffs" would be more realistic and a buddy with a knife could help you out in seconds.

What a cliffhanger! Did he break those cuffs?? Video stops before the end. How cruel!

how come there are so many polls and none of the ideas are getting implemented???

if i was a dev and saw this poll, id just go and change the handcuff time to XXX and send out the patch...fuck the process.

and this is why im not a dev, but still. heh

its a simple simple fix, or the server hop timer...like come on simple little fixes worthy of a patch imo

How many cuffs would actually be circulating?  Short of being a law enforcement officer, who sees handcuffs on a daily basis?  Maybe real cuffs are super rare, otherwise it's duct tape, baling wire, rope, and zip ties with varying degrees of breakout resistance.

Edited by Soupee
  • Like 1

Today friend "accidentaly" put pristine cuffs on my brother. It took 5-10min to get off them so it's really fine as it is.

(we were afraid he's never going to get out of them :o )

• Like 1

Does logging out remove the cuffs? Haven't been cuffed yet - just wondering

pretty sure it kills you by mem

• Like 1

As they are.

Permanently handcuffed until they deteriorate to the point of being able to break would spoil it.

If you cant get what you need done in minute then too bad.
They struggle you decide what to do but no way should someones game time stop until they find someone to unlock them with keys or use bolt cutters.

Lets not go silly with the restraint system aye, yes this is a sandbox but it is a game people spent money on and their free time playing.

Edited by RogueNZ
  • Like 1

Handcuffs are broken in the game right now. 

A person can just get out of them, or log to get out of them. completely broken and need fixing.