jjkjwo6@yahoo.com

dayz surpassed in population

It hasn't sold a million copies. There are no "game breaking" issues because this is an alpha you moron. Rust is minecraft ripoff of DayZ and sucks.

• Like 2

The stats for Peak Players and Hours Played weigh heavily in DayZ's favour compared to Rust though.

Those DotA numbers are crazy

• Like 3

rust is now above dayz in concurrent players.

all I know is, if I sold a million game copies, i woudlnt wait no damn 4 weeks to fix game breaking issues

http://steamcharts.com/

It doesn't matter that much. I have played rust and at the moment, it is more polished and playable than DayZ. The thing is, it feels like an entirely different game. I spend most of my time in Rust like I do in minecraft... gathering materials, crafting items, buildings a huge ass base, defending my land, etc.

DayZ just doesn't have that feel, nor should it. Both are great games.

Rust minecraft ripoff lol. Dayz counterstrike ripoff? Imo rust is awsome and so is dayz.

Rust is minecraft ripoff of DayZ and sucks.

Can you elaborate please?? 

I play both games, and both are brilliant in their own right... the only similarity between Rust and DayZ are the "Zombies" and the Rust Devs are very open about the fact that they dont want it to be another Zombie survival MMO, and are very adamant that the "Zombies" in their game are merely placeholders for testing purposes, untill they decide what to make the AI... 

Can you elaborate please?? 

I play both games, and both are brilliant in their own right... the only similarity between Rust and DayZ are the "Zombies" and the Rust Devs are very open about the fact that they dont want it to be another Zombie survival MMO, and are very adamant that the "Zombies" in their game are merely placeholders for testing purposes, untill they decide what to make the AI... 

They should make them dinosaurs, is this even a discussion ?

• Like 4

I wouldnt consider myself as a fanboy.  But imo Rust sucks and doesnt even begin to compare to DayZ.  DayZ isnt for everyone.  A lot of people will buy the game because of the hype and it will turn out that they wont like it.  Its either too hard and people are most definitely not use to playing this kind of game.  

I like the way the devs are doing it.  They are making this game the way the main fanbase wants it made.  They are not trying to please every single person that will play the game.  And yea im sure a lot of people bought the game and are waiting later on in development to jump in to it.  This is actually a good idea considering that the price im sure will only go up.

Like i told a guy earlier,  If you can come up with multiple patches to fix the game faster by all means enlighten us and do it.  If not then why are you complaining?  

rust is now above dayz in concurrent players.

all I know is, if I sold a million game copies, i woudlnt wait no damn 4 weeks to fix game breaking issues

http://steamcharts.com/

DayZ and Rust are apples and oranges.  Rust is not competition for DayZ. 

There have been like 6 updates/patches and the game hasn't even been released for a full month, and on top of that the devs were on holiday break during Christmas and still managed to punch out those patches.

Instead of talking out your ass, take a look at the patch notes.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/76-announcements-information/

BI is not EA and Activision where they have to race each other to put out new cookie cutter games and DLC, copy/pasted from last year's games and DLC with a different number on the box.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 2

Has Thou not played Rust?

That shit's buggy as hell, and its current concepts were made in such a lazy way

if you brought the game expecting it to have a heap of content, than you didn't even read the several warnings when buying it

or the massive warnings on start-up

SA has had its problems since it started there is DEFINITELY no denying it, But don't try and pretend that rust is a knight in shining armour 

and regarding your comment

if I sold a million game copies, i woudlnt wait no damn 4 weeks to fix game breaking issues

I don't think you even know the beginning of coding and how to fix major problems 

making open criticism is fine, but don't couple it with ignorant post's and supposed 'facts'  

. and that's all that needs to be said on the matter..

Edited by Star Thornberry
  • Like 2

I bought Rust last night to see what it was about and instantly regretted playing 20$ for it. Played for an hour, never go anything more then a stone axe and a bullet to the face. Never again I think.

DayZ isn't broken, its actually quite good for an Alpher

1. Dean is very supportive of Rust, so note to #dayz fanbois - no need to rabidly badmouth it

Dean Hall ‏@rocket2guns

Great article about Rust (by @garrynewman). I'm so chuffed that I helped inspire a great designer, even just a little http://t.co/1mh6EUZRox

2. DayZ number of concurrent player seems to have peaked and is on the way down currentl (can be seen here: http://steamdb.info/graph/221100/ ) I'm sure people will come back tho once new content patches are developed

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 1

what you are seeing is people are playing rust and continuing to play rust.

With dayz there is no meat no content so they get bored and stop playing it.

Meanwhile rust has base building, and constant content updates.

• Like 1

what you are seeing is people are playing rust and continuing to play rust.

With dayz there is no meat no content so they get bored and stop playing it.

Meanwhile rust has base building, and constant content updates.

I don't think you have any fucking clue what you're on about kid

Even though rust has sold a few more copies let's say. There are more people playing dayz which means what you said is actually the complete opposite of what it is

Why don't you go back and play rust

Even though rust has sold a few more copies let's say. There are more people playing dayz which means what you said is actually the complete opposite of what it is

Holy shit, calm down. Did you even look at the link in the first post? What gibonez says is not the opposite.

What he said is just facts, it's not him praising Rust over DayZ.

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 1

You sure you looked at all the numbers? Current players 600 more than Dayz. At peak 45k players for Dayz vs. 22k for Rust. 14.7 million hours played on Dayz vs 8.5 on Rust despite Dayz being officially released as alpha 5 days after Rust.

Also I gotta say looking at other people's schlongs for hours on end is not everyone's cup of tea, along with terrible graphics, small map size and horrid animations and physics.

Hm. Minecraft HD is doing well.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm surprised that many people play Left4Dead still. x_x

What a pointless thread many games have outsold Dayz it is not big news, I'm just glad that Dayz did so well, issues will be fixed people just have to stop being so impatient.

• Like 1

Fun fact.

dayz has sold almost a million copies

rust is around 250k

At any given time rust is almost never behind more than 10k concurrent players.

People are just simply getting bored of the lack of content in dayz.

Heck I resorted to playing breaking point on arma 3 in anticipation of the huge content patch.

• Like 1

Fun fact.

dayz has sold almost a million copies

rust is around 250k

At any given time rust is almost never behind more than 10k concurrent players.

People are just simply getting bored of the lack of content in dayz.

Heck I resorted to playing breaking point on arma 3 in anticipation of the huge content patch.

You sure post on the forums a lot for someone bored with DayZ.

Rust is made by Garry Newman.

That was a big selling point right from the start. People like the guy and what he did so far.

Dean has to prove himself. Not to us, but to the people who think about wether they should buy DayZ or Rust.