Sign in to follow this  
Chungmugong

What do you think of fresh spawns being able to punch?

Should Punching Be Removed?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Should punching be removed?

How is it in any way close to its real life counterpart? Specifics please.

Back to the punching: why do punches knock players out but only knock zombies down?

Give me specifics of how it isn't. I'd be really interested to know.

And I'd guess that punches don't one hit zombies because general zombie lore says that their nervous system (and everything that goes with that) doesn't work, allowing them to take a much larger beating than a regular human being. The thing that does need fixing in this game is crowbar/baseball bat/wrench/other melee weapon damage and effects. 

Really? First people were crying their eyes out about KOS now they crying about "fresh spawns able to punch." Some people really are trying to turn this game in to a happy land with unicorns where everyone hold hands and sing, cause honestly, if you are geared and get knocked out its your own fault. Also aren't the very same people are obsessed with the word "realism," so how realistic is when a person cant throw a punch for no apparent reason?

Give me specifics of how it isn't. I'd be really interested to know.

And I'd guess that punches don't one hit zombies because general zombie lore says that their nervous system (and everything that goes with that) doesn't work, allowing them to take a much larger beating than a regular human being. The thing that does need fixing in this game is crowbar/baseball bat/wrench/other melee weapon damage and effects.

-incorrect muzzle velocity

-incorrect aerodynamics

-incorrect iron sight adjustments

-incorrect dispersion

-incorrect rate of fire

-incorrect attachment effects

-incorrect scope zoom and settings

As for the zombie thing, if their nervous system don't work, how come a fire axe is an instant kill on them, but not on players? It doesn't make sense and there's really no logical explanation.

Absolutely not. I don't miss anything about defenseless newspawns. It wasn't a "feature," it was a lack thereof. Furthermore, it's pretty stupid to even suggest that the devs remove a feature that they undoubtedly put lots of hard work into. Might as well as them to remove the building interiors again.

+1.

They have added something really worthwhile to the game and you want to have it removed ?

Unbelievable.

If this was a suggestion I'd put it in the yard, on the other hand the results speak for themselves, so no need.

• Like 1

Lol 11 people said yes. 11 people got punched to death by a fresh spawn and lost all the gear. LEL.

-incorrect muzzle velocity

-incorrect aerodynamics

-incorrect iron sight adjustments

-incorrect dispersion

-incorrect rate of fire

-incorrect attachment effects

-incorrect scope zoom and settings

As for the zombie thing, if their nervous system don't work, how come a fire axe is an instant kill on them, but not on players? It doesn't make sense and there's really no logical explanation.

My point is and has always been that as long as things within the game are modeled as close to their real life counterparts as can be, then I'm happy. What I don't want is to have different objects "balanced" against each other from a purely developmental standpoint. I want my experience to mirror what I believe would happen in real life. To this you replied that your M4 is balanced, and then proceeded to say that it doesn't behave at all like real life(?). After a series of convoluted single statements that are contrary to anything I write, I can't really work out what you're trying to say or prove (other than that I lack an intimate knowledge of the exact experience of firing an M4).

My original statement is that it is possible to seriously incapacitate someone with your bare hands, whether your opponent is wearing a helmet or not. That statement did not refer to anything beyond exactly that. If anything, I believe that the whole melee weapon system needs some thought (punched knocks you out, but struck with a baseball bat a single time makes you bleed to death...).

The biggest thing is to work out a way the game can mimic real life, not to make it easy for one person or another. When I say reality, obviously there are some things that are immutably unable to be brought in all their reality to the game world, as this is a game developed by a finite team with finite resources, so please don't start telling me about how a canteen lid turns clockwise, not counter clockwise etc etc.

It is fully viable and maybe even a bit too easy to fend off one Zombie with your fist, but as you are so often aggroing another one through sight as your punch hits the first, it will pose immediate danger to you, but that is the same for every weapon until you find an axe. KOing players is a problem though I guess, does it work against helmets?

They have added something really worthwhile to the game and you want to have it removed ?

Unbelievable.

If this was a suggestion I'd put it in the yard, on the other hand the results speak for themselves, so no need.

That is really sad for you as a moderator, really.

All I hear is , "alpha! alpha! alpha!" I would take that to mean that these forums are for people to talk about new features, bugs, what works, what doesn't work, etc. A poll was put up and someone gave the opinion that he wasn't sure he liked it, and HAD THE GALL to ask other members what they think about it.

Guess what? An overwhelming majority didn't feel the same way I felt. I'm cool with that. I can even be cool with a lot of the posts being "STFU noob! stupid bandit madd at geting kconked out you suck!!" and various other attacks.

When a moderator says it's "Unbelieveable" to question the almighty devs, that's sad.

If you're gonna "throw something in the yard" do it then, be a man. Don't threaten or needly chime in with the reminder that you can suppress anything you disagree with that you don't feel was adequately shouted down by others. 

Don't be a bully. Allow dissent that is put forth in a clear manner without regard to its popularity. If you're not gonna do that you might as well go mod for WarZ.

My point is and has always been that as long as things within the game are modeled as close to their real life counterparts as can be, then I'm happy.

Same with me... but they aren't, so I'm not happy.

What I don't want is to have different objects "balanced" against each other from a purely developmental standpoint. I want my experience to mirror what I believe would happen in real life. To this you replied that your M4 is balanced, and then proceeded to say that it doesn't behave at all like real life(?). After a series of convoluted single statements that are contrary to anything I write, I can't really work out what you're trying to say or prove (other than that I lack an intimate knowledge of the exact experience of firing an M4).

Hey, you asked:

MR DELICIOUS: "It is intended to be as close to it's real life counterpart (however well it does it)." [...] "Give me specifics of how it isn't. I'd be really interested to know."

My original statement is that it is possible to seriously incapacitate someone with your bare hands, whether your opponent is wearing a helmet or not. That statement did not refer to anything beyond exactly that. If anything, I believe that the whole melee weapon system needs some thought (punched knocks you out, but struck with a baseball bat a single time makes you bleed to death...).

I don't like the instant knockouts. I don't have any agenda past realism, fresh spawns should be able to beat people to death. I don't like the way it's handled, it does not feel "authentic" when a single well-aimed punch is pretty much instant death. Chance of knockout, yes, insta-knockout, no. Fists should not be the game's best melee weapon. It's not that easy in real life.

• Like 1

Punching shouldn't be outright removed, but it should be changed a bit so you cant knock someone out in 2 seconds and take their weapons.

But really, I couldn't care less. Remove the Mike Tyson powered punches and I will be more friendly towards fresh spawns. Keep it in and I'll continue bambi target practice when they get anywhere remotely close to my location.

• Like 1

Dood IRL if you attack AT THE VERY LEAST I have my fists. I mean if newbie spawns fresh off and he can't even use his hands to defend himself, doesn't that sound silly as hell.  I mean if you have an M4, a newb's fists won't mean a damn thing. And I think the OP's desire for fresh spawns to be completely helpless is a little disturbing lol they've got to have a "fighting" chance man!

Edited by Commissar38

No, do not mess with the punching. At all. Give the little bastards something to be bold with. Any self-respecting survivor in this game with any sense of tactical awareness can easily put them down. If they are coming at you with fists, it's highly likely that you, as a player, are on the coast hunting nubblets, like the nubblet you probably are, or they are just fucking bold. In the latter case, if they tagged you, please see the point I made in the first sentence. All i know is that if I were in an apocalypse and some dude had an m4/mosin that i knew was probably killing people, and I was able to get the jump on them with that one chance, my adrenaline would probably make me feel like my bones were make of fucking adamantium and I would knock that motherfucker out as fast as I could. The little guy should have the meager chance to humiliate the decked out killer every once in a while.

Can this thread be over now?