Sign in to follow this  
kd11080

Death is final?

So let me get this straight.  You play and gather shit and maybe get a great weapon or two, and then yuo get sniped by someone and your character is dead?  Respawn in a fresh toon with starter gear right?  no save no recovery?

Correct. That is what makes DayZ, DayZ. Your character becomes somewhat valuable to you, since you could lose all your hard work at any second.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

100% correct. You think that would suck after a certain amount of gear, this is just Alpha, it has like 2% of the shit you can get in the MOD. I can't tell you how many times I have pulled off a loot, and the whole time I am at my computer saying oh shit oh shit oh shit over and over.....once you get some good stuff, or have a mission, that toon becomes pretty important to keep alive, especially when your tent full of shit is miles away and now you have no map to get there...lol. That, is why this game is addicting. 

• Like 1

That is Dayz mate, it is imo the best way to have a character in a game.

That is what makes it so exciting if you have a geared-up character and you meet some people, you think to yourself are they friendly or not, that is what makes this game amazing.

Bingo.

Like what has been said, it still is in Alpha. The intention is that in the final the PvP is evened out more by the PvE, and it becomes pretty much impossible to go it completly alone.

well i hope they dont slant it to much against the solo, loner type.  I like the idea of being a loner in a wasteland, preying on people. Hunting......

well i hope they dont slant it to much against the solo, loner type.  I like the idea of being a loner in a wasteland, preying on people. Hunting......

We've already got enough of your kind here...

• Like 4

Hang on a second.. I just had a thought, there is an item in this game that has the ability to resurrect a dead person.

So, has anyone tried the defibrillator yet? maybe that will jolt a dead person back to life?

The defibrilator jolts unconscious persons back to "life" ;)

Edited by Khad

We've already got enough of your kind here...

we have enough of your kind as well.

we have enough of your kind as well.

Actually no. More people have shot at me on sight than have tried to make friendly contact. So your statement is wrong, from my personal experience.

• Like 2

Then imho you have the best chances of surviving if you do it right :D

I would recommend playing the mod first since then you would be hardened for anything xD

This topic put a smile on my face. I mean this in the most kind way. 

• Like 1

You will have a lot of fun then. But stay away from the other players, they have some kind of sickness that turn them berserker, most of them are more rabid than the zombies.

The fear of losing gear is what Dayz is all about. I have been surviving with my second life since second day of launch. That's a couple of weeks now. I consider myself very lucky.

@OP kinda... but if you have friends that can camp your corpse... and can navigate to where you died quick enough... you can instantly gear up again (which sucks)

This topic put a smile on my face. I mean this in the most kind way. 

I share the same smirk. 

• Like 1

Epipen or morphine?  Either one is not adrenaline.  Epi pen is to use to prevent yourself from passing out, and the morphine is to use when you get to a hunter's stand, have a few hours to mellow out, and enjoy one of the many good reads.  Myself?  I am currently balls deep in the Epic of Gilgamesh.  I sure could use another morphine injection.  Im sure it has other uses, but none better.

• Like 2

Epipen or morphine?  Either one is not adrenaline.  Epi pen is to use to prevent yourself from passing out, and the morphine is to use when you get to a hunter's stand, have a few hours to mellow out, and enjoy one of the many good reads.  Myself?  I am currently balls deep in the Epic of Gilgamesh.  I sure could use another morphine injection.  Im sure it has other uses, but none better.

Epi = epinephrine = artificial adrenaline. It is essentially adrenaline. :)

• Like 1

Wait can you read the books you find in game or am I being a silly goose?