wild_man

the 7 SIN of STANDALONE

#9 Third person perspective

No. Im sorry but no. DayZ has never been marketed as an FPS Survival therefore all this shit spewing about 3rd person being "Cheating" or whatever needs to stop.

Im unbiased cus I switch between both, so you can't pull that card. 

Its not an exploit, hack or cheat. With the exception of PURPOSEFULLY using it to see through solid walls (Wasn't a problem in the Mod as far as I could tell) its perfectly legit and anyone that was killed by someone cus they were seen over a wall by 3:PP are just mad that they died due to gimping themselves on a pride high.

Edit : I understand the want for 3:PP to be removed due to DayZ's intention to be as immersive as possible. I personally wouldnt mind if they removed 3rd person permanently. But as it stands 3:PP players receive the same amount of flak as Hackers, serve hoppers and combat loggers, and its unfair. 

Edited by Mopp_94

It's not fine print. It's regular-sized print in the server hosting rules. You're only allowed to kick for racism, hate speech or cheating. You can't just kick whoever you want.

Then don't rent a server, dude. If your only motivation is to be a little cheating ass, then the game is better off without you as a host.

No, he definitely shouldn't. It's his money but not his software.

I don't want an admin and 10 of his friends to play on a server alone, gear up until they have unlimited ammo and all the best items, then go out into the regular servers and trounce all over people.

These are the rules I abide by.

There also were no "rules" or "agreements" I had to sign with Fragnet to get my server.

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

Here is a list of DayZ Standalone hosting rules as per the Devs:

• You may NOT change your servers slots
  • You may NOT password your server
  • Your server must contain the version number and whether it is 3PP:ON or OFF i.e. "DayZ UK 5-xx (Public/3PP:OFF) 113925 - Hosted by GamingDeluxe.co.uk"
  • Your server must NOT have a NO KILL policy

Hicks has further clarified the following on twitter:

• Server operators MAY frequently restart their rented instances in order to keep the time at a certain point. <=========
Failure to comply with these rules could result in a suspension of your server without a refund. 

Servers are caught and shut down as rapidly as can be expected. GSPs deal with them and most if not all have some sort of warning about the above. If you want to expedite the process, write the IPs down and report them to the GSPs directly. If you don't know who hosts it, report it to them all (Multiplay, Gameservers, Vilayer, Fragnet, GamingDeluxe), or find the GSP this way.

Edited by SmashT, Yesterday, 12:43 PM.

I'n in your base, editing your doodles.

Not only is there nothing about kicking anyone in this list but there is also a rule stating a server operator MAY restart their rented instances to keep the time at a certain point.

Id say the game is better off with me as a host and without your misleading information.

Edited by JPWiser
  • Like 1

Gamma exploiting isn't really that effective, just makes the game look like shit.

It's plenty effective.

It makes the game look like shit, yeah... but claiming it isn't effective is just pure bs.

They should have 'official' servers.  These are named accordingly, ie "US Offical Server #1 - hosted by blah blah".  No admin powers on them, thats right the server owner can't even kick people.  If it happens to restart frequenty (ie a local admin physically takes it offline), it is blacklisted for a time.  Would ISPs still be willing to give up 'control' of their servers for this?  I dare say many would as they get to be 'official' hosts.  Anyone else can have their shitty private hives. 

This is really the only way to stop admin abuse.  People say 'report the server'. Damage has already been done and who's to say reporting always gets a result?  

The intent is not to allow you to avoid night servers, so I seriously doubt they're going to give you a way to do so.

In fact, I suspect the new server queuing system is going to make it quite difficult to keep playing the game like this.

My question to you is are you logging out immediately upon joining a server?

Night time is far brighter now than it ever was in the mod. I have not seen ANY "pitch black" servers.

However, you must give your eyes time to adjust. After logging in it can sometime take 5-15 seconds before I can see properly, but it always comes around and it's never inky black anymore.

I have actually logged onto a few that were inky black and it tends to do with lunar cycle and cloud cover. 

If you pay it is your rules within a set of rules you agreed on, be the hosters/Devs. 

Right now though the server browser is a real lackluster, due to alpha. I like my servers in Germany, daytime only, with a low ping and a moderate player count. Yet I too often log onto servers that are at night, or where player count suddenly goes up etc. So I rejoin.

I have no problems with certain RP servers or PvE servers either. Nor with kicking certain people.

As for the rest these things are kind of lame, but likely to be deleted in upcoming patches like combat logging and moving to another position.