mooky32

The day in the life of an utter expert

I am in a hotel room using my works laptop to write these responses (not a great scenario, trust me!). I would love to be playing Dayz right now and continuing my legacy.

So you are wasting your time, foruming with us.  Great to know that you'd probably have a angry boss trying to cope with a unprioritized egoistic worker.

God, you could at least be talking to your "lovely wife."

So you are wasting your time, foruming with us.  Great to know that you'd probably have a angry boss trying to cope with a unprioritized egoistic worker.

God, you could at least be talking to your "lovely wife."

Wow you really have it in for me. I don't have an angry boss, I am the boss. I make sure to call my wife nightly when away as a top priority. I also pack a lot into my work day so I can relax in the evenings as I believe everyone should. It's night time in the UK my friend, almost gone midnight. I am just relaxing with a great bunch of new found forum buddies. Cheers to you lads, let the conversation flow and lets share a pint!

• Like 1

Wow you really have it in for me. I don't have an angry boss, I am the boss. I make sure to call my wife nightly when away as a top priority. I also pack a lot into my work day so I can relax in the evenings as I believe everyone should. It's night time in the UK my friend, almost gone midnight. I am just relaxing with a great bunch of new found forum buddies. Cheers to you lads, let the conversation flow and lets share a pint!

Ok? Wouldn't hurt to tell what business you are the boss of.  Unless, like most bosses, you have a boss.  Bosses have bosses, fact of business life.  You wouldn't be telling us where you live.

So foruming with internet buddies you just met over the internet and never in real life justifies why you aren't having a nice long conversation with your wife.

It's too easy refuting every little statement of yours.

Edited by Space Milk

Mooky32 Ty for this. I have had a horrible day today and coming home from work and reading this has just taking the edge off. Much appreciated my friend. As for my skill well it is lacking but your story truly gives me something to aspire to. Please keep it coming,  very entertaining. I was walking with you in my mind thru every step in electro. :) Here have my beans.

Edited by huf757
  • Like 1

Mooky32 Ty for this. I have had a horrible day today and coming home from work and reading this has just taking the edge off. Much appreciated my friend. As for my skill well it is lacking but your story truly gives me something to aspire to. Please keep it coming,  very entertaining. I was walking with you in my mind thru every step in electro. :)

No problem huf, I know the very days you are talking about. You can't beat a nice relax, drink in hand , scanning the forums for a good juicy thread. I am glad you enjoyed my adventure buddy.  I will be sure to update on the next battle, fact can indeed by more fun than some of the fiction the apprentices come up with!

• Like 1

cough (bullshit) cough*.

I know the stuff I have to put up with mate, thanks for the support.

• Like 3

A true story that will be of interest to the top 000000.1% of Dayz players. Basically the elite, read on friends.

True stories tend to be backed up by video. Enjoy your life.

• Like 2

No shortage of ego here lol. While the story was entertaining, i feel you class yourself as "elite" too easily. Theres 101 vids of people taking down large armed groups on dayz. You got the drop on them , thats the deciding factor in like 90% of engagements on this game. 

Now if they had got the drop on you....and you had turned the tables i would class it as "elite" :P. Not a bad bandit story though, have some beans. I saw a MOD post about duelling the other day.....lee harvy vs you in 10 paces duel (with you tube vid)??? :)

• Like 1

I am merc and in doing so I am sharing that joy with you and others. Go in peace friend.

Doesn't respond.

No wife, no boss position, fail life.

Good friend apologies for ignoring you. I have enjoyed our dialogue. You may call me boss if it helps. I will treat you with dignity and pass on scraps of information to you so that one day you will be called "that guy who was mildly talented but nowhere near the epic skill level of his mentor"

I am merc and in doing so I am sharing that joy with you and others. Go in peace friend.

It's not that hard to record a video.  Just download a program, record your gameplay, cut out irrelevant parts, post. 

Wow, is that so hard?  It's easier than trying to find a face mask.

• Like 1

Indeed, I could only believe this if I'd of seen a video :-)

Nice story though but tbh you taken out armed guys and mention you have 3 shots left.. as swift and precise as you sound why not quick loot the dead hostile for weapon/ammo?

Good friend apologies for ignoring you. I have enjoyed our dialogue. You may call me boss if it helps. I will treat you with dignity and pass on scraps of information to you so that one day you will be called "that guy who was mildly talented but nowhere near the epic skill level of his mentor"

Ignores argument post,

obviously cannot refute.

fail at life.

A true story that will be of interest to the top 000000.1% of Dayz players. Basically the elite, read on friends.

Was hanging around Elektro with Itchy on "the hill". I decided to go and do some shopping in town whilst Itchy kept overwatch on our town.

I was really low on supplies, a mere single shot left in my mosin and 4 shots in my pistol.

Thought I would scout out a couple of 20 packs of 7.62 and then get back to dominating our town and basically keeping it under the rule of an iron first.

Then I saw them, a group of 5 fairly well kitted survivors armed with a combination of mosins and pistols. They were hanging about the supermarket , 3 checked inside and 2 others covered the outside. I was across the street second floor, taking this all in and calculating the odds.

"Need any help?" asked Itchy over comms.

"Nah I got this" I replied and shouldered my Mosin.

First shot was an absolute classic even by my standards. Two of the band were kneeling inside the supermarket gearing up and I scoped the first in line and fired. Headshot - natch - but I can confirm single bullet double player kill is possible - 2 DOWN with a single shot.

The place erupted, the one chap left in the supermarket sprinting out firing wildly, the 2 muppets on cover duty also shooting at ghosts!

I slipped out of the rear entrance of my building and kept low, using my comprehensive expert knowledge of every inch of Elektro to loop around the remaining 3 invaders of my city.

I edged by the church and approached the supermarket via a side street. One of the invaders sprinted through the alley, as suprised to see me as I him. My razor reactions kicked in and I slotted him via a clean single pistol shot to the head.

Busted , I thought , the last 2 idiots will be on me shortly. 3 pistol shots left and hell to pay.

Sod it! I ran straight out on the main road, death or glory! Time for a shock, they had moved towards the tech building and another 2 of their buddies had joined the hunting party as they attempted to flush me out.

I hit voice comms (please post a response if you were part of this shoot-out as you will recognise what I said!):

"Hey nut sacks, I am offering a 2 for 1 on headshots"

I opened up as they spun in my direction. I executed 3 headshots with the precision of an SAS trained hand gun expert who had been using a time machine to hone his skills over a millenia.

The 4th guy ducked in cover by the tech building and shouted back

"Jesus H Christ, you are the living enbodiment John Rambo"

Even I had a chuckle at that and had to agree.

Bingo ammo though and it wasnt looking good even for a player of my ability.

Back to the hill I thought, maybe Itchy can spare me a fee rounds to finish up this tea party.

I break for cover and hit the hill - shit on a stick - the survivor is behind me and he is steadying up for some pistol punishment on the sprinting deity.

A single shot rings out, I prepared for blackness..... it never comes. Behind me I see my pursuer dead, courtesy of a precise head shot.

"Sorry I was eating and had to take that shot with my left hand" comes the welcome voice of Itchy.

Couldn't believe it, he had exectuted an 800m shot left handed whilst eating a chicken tikka Pizza.

I thanked him and told him of my adventures. He was mildy impressed with the double kill but not overly excited. This level of play has come to be the standard for the Elektro masters.

did you get a kill streak and DOUBLE-KILL on the screen.what prestige are you?

• Like 2

Indeed, I could only believe this if I'd of seen a video :-)

Nice story though but tbh you taken out armed guys and mention you have 3 shots left.. as swift and precise as you sound why not quick loot the dead hostile for weapon/ammo?

A sensible question at last. The situation was highly fluid and as I rounded the corner onto the 4 opponents I opted to keep mobile ass oppossed to looting their ex-mate for ammo (other 2 were dead IN the super market remember). As I nailed the 3 on the street with shots that were as accurate as Rain Mans recollection of telephone numbers, I had to keep moving as the 4th player was live and waving a pistol about.

Even I need luck however (now and again). Itchy was on hand with a sniper shot that was right out of the top drawer. Cheers Itchy!

Edited by mooky32

A sensible question at last. The situation was highly fluid and as I rounded the corner onto the 4 opponents I opted to keep mobile ass oppossed to looting their ex-mate for ammo (other 2 were dead IN the super market remember). As I nailed the 3 on the street with shots the were as accurate as Rain Mans recollection of telephone numbers, I had to keep moving as the 4th player was live and waving a pistol about.

Even I need luck however (now and again). Itchy was on hand with a sniper shot that was right out of the top drawer. Cheers Itchy!

Even with perfect skill you cannot get 100% accurate shots.  Guns are very inaccurate.  

OP - It is a honour to hear your tale. Your abilities will one day become legendary. If I am ever (un)fortunate enough to cross your path, it would be a blessing to die by your gun, or by protecting you from the bullet of an enemies gun. I salute you!

did you get a kill streak and DOUBLE-KILL on the screen.what prestige are you?

No bud, good humour though! I think indiscriminate player killing without back story is just silly. My character is a protector of Elektro who was thrown out of the SAS for making the intstructors look bad. With Itchy he vows to stop shops being pillaged and must act to protect what he see as his town.

OP - It is a honour to hear your tale. Your abilities will one day become legendary. If I am ever (un)fortunate enough to cross your path, it would be a blessing to die by your gun, or by protecting you from the bullet of an enemies gun. I salute you!

The more enlightened norms like AnPhonEh that are willing to take a bullet to protect elite operatives should be given due credit. If I ever have to put you down mate it will be with a headshot from 1000m with such pinpoint accuracy that the bullet entry wound will be EXACTLY equidistant between your eyes. This will mean a quick mercilful kill and will also look quite cool if you have an open casket funeral - which I would pay for.

• Like 2

The more enlightened norms like AnPhonEh that are willing to take a bullet to protect elite operatives should be given due credit. If I ever have to put you down mate it will be with a headshot from 1000m with such pinpoint accuracy that the bullet entry wound will be EXACTLY equidistant between your eyes. This will mean a quick mercilful kill and will also look quite cool if you have an open casket funeral - which I would pay for.

So you are saying, that the only reason you are surviving is because of noobs.

LMFAO That is just laughable.

That headshot thing, is impossible during the current state of the game.  People have managed to get shots beyond 2 km.  Compared to 1 km, just pitiful for a "special" operative.

So you are saying, that the only reason you are surviving is because of noobs.

LMFAO That is just laughable.

That headshot thing, is impossible during the current state of the game.  People have managed to get shots beyond 2 km.  Compared to 1 km, just pitiful for a "special" operative.

I am blindfolded and my nuts are in a vice - forgot to add those details. Hey question back to you. What's your favourite mech? I am old school and go with the Battlemaster, it reflects my personality.