thebalfrog

What to do when geared on DayZ for fun?

I find players and enter in stories the atmosphere creates for us. "This is your story"

I go to the one of the forests Chernarus, sit down with a full stomach and read one of the many books in the game. So peaceful...

Loljk messing with other players is much more fun.

Well I will lay it out for you:

My first couple weeks were played like I played the Mod - quickly get some decent gear, hydrate and get food, then move inland a bit to look around.  Here's the problem with the Alpha, as of now there is nothing really moving inland for unless you want to get to the airfields or had no luck finding basic supplies on the coast (which seems to vary server to server and some days are better than others).  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE exploring the new map and have touched a lot of the inland areas that are new/changed.  We have lately been staying close to Elektro and getting in the midst of the madness because of how bored I got inland :P .  I feel bad because I have KoS'd more these past few days than ever before but oh well, I am learning the fighting mechanics and having a lot more fun interacting with other survivors instead of trying to hold on to the little gear I have to survive kinda for no reason.

Go North of Bere and check out some of Rify and the newly added area in Guba if you haven't yet - be weary.... it's a dangerous approach there but there would have to be one hell of a sniper to make some of the shots around there.  Make sure you have plenty of food and water, it's a long trek and you might get sucked in farther north, I know we did :D

Besides that, get on the coast and have some FUN.... not just KoSing everything - be smart and you can survive as a friendly in this hostile coastline.

• Like 2

I have been thinking of testing the capabilities of stacking inventory items within other items.  I know back when I was on the coast, I could have items inside a pair of pants that were inside of the pants I was wearing.  At one point, I had the option of putting a pack inside another pack.  I have had a full pack though for the past few weeks and have not had the opportunity to put anything like that in my inventory.

I would like to see how much I can get stacked inside of a pack that I carry in my pack.  Hopefully, I get enough to fully gear a new spawn and I can handcuff them and see if the game will let me put the pack on their back.  I will then have plenty of time to run away before they ever find the loaded pistol at the very bottom of the stack.

I have been thinking of testing the capabilities of stacking inventory items within other items.  I know back when I was on the coast, I could have items inside a pair of pants that were inside of the pants I was wearing.  At one point, I had the option of putting a pack inside another pack.  I have had a full pack though for the past few weeks and have not had the opportunity to put anything like that in my inventory.

I would like to see how much I can get stacked inside of a pack that I carry in my pack.  Hopefully, I get enough to fully gear a new spawn and I can handcuff them and see if the game will let me put the pack on their back.  I will then have plenty of time to run away before they ever find the loaded pistol at the very bottom of the stack.

You could infinitely stack bags Inflated, but you need 4 35 slot bags to make it space viable, as it takes up 25 slots, leading to 9 being used, and this having to be done 4 times to gain more "useful" inventory of 36 slots, also as you mentioned a pain to unpack!

I stock up on food, water, and medical supplies and try to play the role of Combat Medic.  

It's gotten me shot in the face twice, but I've otherwise helped at least a dozen or so players without conflict.

Shooting ppl with our group. Variating from 2 to 5 guys at any given time. Just terrorise the crap out of a certain area really. Lovely. Especially when for some reason ppl insist on looting a corpse.. You'd think they figure it out when there is a pile of 6 bodies... but nope...  the pile grows. :lol:

This sort of multi stacking has been found to be one of the causes of massive desync so um good luck with that what server do you play on cause i dont want to go any where near it LOL

This sort of multi stacking has been found to be one of the causes of massive desync so um good luck with that what server do you play on cause i dont want to go any where near it LOL

You could infinitely stack bags Inflated, but you need 4 35 slot bags to make it space viable, as it takes up 25 slots, leading to 9 being used, and this having to be done 4 times to gain more "useful" inventory of 36 slots, also as you mentioned a pain to unpack!

I was more thinking of 1 bag inside my bag.  That then has clothing items, food, and water inside of it.  There would then only be one clothing item that was further stacked with another clothing item inside another clothing item and that item would have a pistol.  Therefore, once it is all unpacked by the person I gave it to, they are pretty much geared up.  Obviously, I only want to hand it over to people that I have forced into handcuffs, therefore they believe they are being robbed and killed.  Me on the other hand would walk away with very little, except what I am wearing, after giving that away.  No big deal, I will simply restock what I need.

Oh i love to hide from zombies and play this game like its L4D and try to survive in my house up north. 

jk, i kill everyone

Edited by Crakka
  • Like 2

I usually prone on top of the firestation at NWAF and use 3rd person to scan the area...then I shot players trying to loot the airfield to punish the players for playing on a server wiyh 3rd person enabled.

After I gear up??? Let's see...

Oh yes! I usually die to ladders or bug-no-clip through walls then fall from 2-5 story buildings.

I usually prone on top of the firestation at NWAF and use 3rd person to scan the area...then I shot players trying to loot the airfield to punish the players for playing on a server wiyh 3rd person enabled.

Uses 3rd person to punish players for playing in 3rd person

wat

• Like 1

I sit on the hills outside Elektro and write haiku poetry until I die.

Zombies and m4's

I feel like having a drink

You are unconscious

Edited by GpB311
  • Like 3

I usually end up emptying bullets in the air while running naked in Elektro. Sometimes, I survive.

So you get fully geared up and then hand cuff new spawns? :|

Let me save you some time. Don't get fully geared up, just find a pair of cuffs and an axe and you can do the same thing. :thumbsup:

I try to help people. That is much more difficult than just killing everyone I see. (Not knocking anyone elses style, this game needs everyone and every style. The sand box is big enough for us all)

Plan 1: Collect books

Plan 1.1: Open book store in Chernogorsk

Plan 1.2: Restrain players, put books in their inventories and force them to read the books out loud for personal entertainment.

Plan 1.3: Form sect in Chernogorsk church, restrain newspawns, read from the holy bible while cleansing their souls with the holy disinfectant.

(Yes, it started going downhill after that)

• Like 4

Plan 1: Collect books

Plan 1.1: Open book store in Chernogorsk

Plan 1.2: Restrain players, put books in their inventories and force them to read the books out loud for personal entertainment.

Plan 1.3: Form sect in Chernogorsk church, restrain newspawns, read from the holy bible while cleansing their souls with the holy disinfectant.

(Yes, it started going downhill after that)

You sir have these beans :beans: