thag

M107 in Standalone

( I hate guns with PSO scopes like SVD, KSVK etc).

Aww, but they're so nice!

On topic: Go for it. I'd like to see vehicles take a large part, so having an anti-material rifle to take out vehicles would be great. Plus they'd be rare, and the ammo rarer, which is good for business :)

• Like 3

900,000 People have already bought the game, and many more will buy it. the chances of encountering someone with one would be very, very slim, especially since most would be stashed in tents up north forever.

It's just a matter of balance, and that's hard to nail. You might be right. We agree on the basics though.

I think we'll see something a bit more high-tech later on. The SVD surely... It fits the setting so well.

In regards to not being realistic to the setting, you're right, but what if say the mayor of one of the towns or a local crime boss was an absolute gun nut so he had one shipped in especially for him before the infection spread, then in all the commotion he didn't take it with him. This could be cool as it could be customized because it was a personal rifle, but maybe only 1 per server as a result? But like someone said above, run slower, extremely loud, that sort of thing.

For balancing reasons, I'd prefer the Tac-50 or KSVK. With the ability to swap scopes, the Russian ones can just be taken off and replaced with an American version. 

i have no issue with a rare anti-materiel rifle, but rather have a russian or chinese model like the OSV-96.

also, ammo should be rare. and by rare i mean the chance of finding one single bullet should equal the dayz mods chance of finding one single can of mountain dew.

i would have so much ammo then..

Now tell me why the army would use a .50 cal anti-material rifle on zombies which can be taken down by a much lighter, much easier to use M4.

watch some zombie movies.

>1 hit kill

>Semi-auto, not bolt action.

>Armor penetrating

NO.

doesn't matter if its semi auto  because M107 has a big recoil so you cant just shoot like DMR and 100% hit someone...

Edited by thag

I agree russian guns should be the most frequent, and i look forward to seeing the SVD, but we already have US guns, gas mask's, and the MICH Helmet, so it's safe to presume that the US army was involved in chernarus, and if so they were probably trying to contain the outbreak, by first Shutting down the main roads, so no one could get out, infected or not, and the outbreak probably happened quickly so maybe nato and the US couldn't get armour in fast enough, instead resulting to airdrops, and add a roadblock/checkpoint a Barrett 50CAL or M240 would be my choice if i couldn't get a Bradley or a browning.

I don't have a problem with high powered / over powered weapons, they should just be rare, and a Barrett would and should have it's downsides, such as the Weight, if no weight system gets added to SA(i hope it does) than it should reduce movement by 40%, the sound signature should attract zombies from about a Kilometre away, and a massive dust Kick-op, would be cool if a 50CAL Kicks dust op, like a car thus in the mod.

• Like 2

High powered snipers are a plague, and the only cure is an axe to the head.

But seriously, I find they make more rage than fun.

So, No.

a good reason ? well another guy who was killed by hacker or some sniper in cherno many times i see :D your argument is pointless

If they add any "sniper" rifles They should basically be impossible to find, and as for a .50 really don't want that, maybe hunting rifles and competition rifles with very good accuracy but .50 cals dont reeeally fit in.

And as for helicopters (someone mentioned) they can't be in game youre a civilian not a fucking army mechanic, if you find a helicopter of course you can't repair it you have no idea what you are doing!!!!!!

Oh and whilst we're making weapon requests here's what I want: I want the be able to put a grenade inside a can of beans filled with feaces and then lob it at someone and watch it explode

Edited by jasher

I agree russian guns should be the most frequent, and i look forward to seeing the SVD, but we already have US guns, gas mask's, and the MICH Helmet, so it's safe to presume that the US army was involved in chernarus, and if so they were probably trying to contain the outbreak, by first Shutting down the main roads, so no one could get out, infected or not, and the outbreak probably happened quickly so maybe nato and the US couldn't get armour in fast enough, instead resulting to airdrops, and add a roadblock/checkpoint a Barrett 50CAL or M240 would be my choice if i couldn't get a Bradley or a browning.

I don't have a problem with high powered / over powered weapons, they should just be rare, and a Barrett would and should have it's downsides, such as the Weight, if no weight system gets added to SA(i hope it does) than it should reduce movement by 40%, the sound signature should attract zombies from about a Kilometre away, and a massive dust Kick-op, would be cool if a 50CAL Kicks dust op, like a car thus in the mod.

There wouldn't be a reason to get a tank in the first place unless the person in charge of items to be delivered was a idiot.  Would you use a tank on soldiers?  The only difference with zombies is that they do not respond to pain (at least what I see) or to command.  No one right in their head would use TANKS against them, and if that statement works, then so does the one No one right in their head would use a ANTI MATERIAL rifle against zombies.  For one, ammo is expensive, for 2, IT'S loud and would attract far more zombies.  When a 7.62 can do the same job why would you need it? Unless the US was fighting against the Russians, and they brought their tanks.

There wouldn't be a reason to get a tank in the first place unless the person in charge of items to be delivered was a idiot.  Would you use a tank on soldiers?  The only difference with zombies is that they do not respond to pain (at least what I see) or to command.  No one right in their head would use TANKS against them, and if that statement works, then so does the one No one right in their head would use a ANTI MATERIAL rifle against zombies.  For one, ammo is expensive, for 2, IT'S loud and would attract far more zombies.  When a 7.62 can do the same job why would you need it? Unless the US was fighting against the Russians, and they brought their tanks.

a 50CAL or a Bradley would be used against car's, with people in it desperately trying to escape the outbreak.

Edited by thomas28

a 50CAL would be used against a car, with people in it desperately trying to escape the outbreak.

So you are telling me, the military would be using 50 calibers against cars with people in them while there is a zombie outbreak. 

The military cannot prepare and specialize for every little event.  They prioritize. In this case, the priority is zombies.  They aren't going call in expensive 50 ammo and rifles just for people in a car. Not to mention that any sort of cartridge shot by a rifle, even .223 can easily penetrate a car.

Edited by Space Milk

So you are telling me, the military would be using 50 calibers against cars with people in them while there is a zombie outbreak. 

The military cannot prepare and specialize for every little event.  They prioritize. In this case, the priority is zombies.  They aren't going call in expensive 50 ammo and rifles just for people in a car. Not to mention that any sort of cartridge shot by a rifle, even .223 can easily penetrate a car.

Yes, at a roadblock/checkpoint to contain the outbreak.

A .50 can stop a car for $20, a m72 can stop a car, for $600. I dont know if .50s will make it into game, well anti material rifles (wouldnt be surprised to see hmg's) The devs will do what they do end o the day... i have faith in em thinking out anything they impliment.

If they add any "sniper" rifles They should basically be impossible to find, and as for a .50 really don't want that, maybe hunting rifles and competition rifles with very good accuracy but .50 cals dont reeeally fit in.

And as for helicopters (someone mentioned) they can't be in game youre a civilian not a fucking army mechanic, if you find a helicopter of course you can't repair it you have no idea what you are doing!!!!!!

Oh and whilst we're making weapon requests here's what I want: I want the be able to put a grenade inside a can of beans filled with feaces and then lob it at someone and watch it explode

There will be choppers in the final release, was talk about using TOH mechanics for it...

Yes, at a roadblock/checkpoint to contain the outbreak.

A LMG or maybe even a 50 HMG would be the ideal choice for protecting checkpoints against cars, not a slow semi auto expensive sniper rifle.

Edited by Space Milk
  • Like 1

A .50 can stop a car for $20, a m72 can stop a car, for $600. I dont know if .50s will make it into game, well anti material rifles (wouldnt be surprised to see hmg's) The devs will do what they do end o the day... i have faith in em thinking out anything they impliment.

There will be choppers in the final release, was talk about using TOH mechanics for it...

But you wouldn't use a sniper, you would use a LMG/HMG.  

And you could just fire a few bursts of 7.62 and kill the drivers, instead of trying to stop the car, and it would be cheaper than 50's.  

BTW: like I said, rifle rounds easily penetrate cars, and several bullets hitting the engine would seriously damage it.

Edited by Space Milk

But your not a mechanic or a pilot, you can't repair it and you have no idea how to fly it. Have you seen the inside of a helicopter cockpit? It looks like something alien

I did see a post about choppers and I really hope they aren't added, chopper crash sites I'm fine with fly able choppers no. Same for tanks, planes or anything else ridiculous

vss2.jpgdragunov+sniper+rifle+papercraft.jpg

VSS and Dragunov. if the VSS is implemented, there will be a party in my pants.

• Like 2

a good reason ? well another guy who was killed by hacker or some sniper in cherno many times i see :D your argument is pointless

This is a zombie horror / survival game.

This is not Arma 3, this is not COD.

Nice strawman argument..

But your not a mechanic or a pilot, you can't repair it and you have no idea how to fly it. Have you seen the inside of a helicopter cockpit? It looks like something alien

I did see a post about choppers and I really hope they aren't added, chopper crash sites I'm fine with fly able choppers no. Same for tanks, planes or anything else ridiculous

I COULD SEE jets being added.  Jets, as my father has flown himself, are easier than flying model aircraft.  The hard part is dealing with high G turns and the scary feeling of "HOLY SHIT 1000 MILES IN THE AIR FASTER THAN SOUND I'M GOING TO DIE!!!" or, also called stress.  You do need to be fit to fly jets but remembering the fact that your character can run kilometers straight without dropping means he is more than fit enough. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention about jets. Besides stress, the other hard part is figuring out the radar.  

Helicopters on the other hand, as you have said, are EXTREMELY HARD to fly.  My father knew heli pilots in the Navy (he was in the air force) and even for them, every flight was a flight into hell.

Edited by Space Milk

You should prepare yourself for disappointment then ;)

This is a zombie horror / survival game.

This is not Arma 3, this is not COD.

Nice strawman argument..

This is game not real life man. You still forgoting this ! In game you can have all weapons in the world if Dev. adds them.