thag

M107 in Standalone

This is still a game, I don't know why you doing so much fuss about adding one gun. I don't know like you Mos1ey but i never seen Soviet Soldier running with M4. And so when i mentioned that M107 will be found only in Helicopter Crash that means Americans just simply arrived there with big calibers like M249, Mk 48, M107 ETC... Why couldn't they bring M107 with other weapons against zombie apocalypse. Think about it deeply before you post something.

Now tell me why the army would use a .50 cal anti-material rifle on zombies which can be taken down by a much lighter, much easier to use M4.

This is still a game, I don't know why you doing so much fuss about adding one gun. I don't know like you Mos1ey but i never seen Soviet Soldier running with M4. And so when i mentioned that M107 will be found only in Helicopter Crash that means Americans just simply arrived there with big calibers like M249, Mk 48, M107 ETC... Why couldn't they bring M107 with other weapons against zombie apocalypse. Think about it deeply before you post something.

Better bring some 50. cal snipers to kill zombies. Yea, totaly reproducible...

Edit: damn you Korsbaek!

Edited by Symon

Please no anti-material rifles,especially western.

also, ammo should be rare. and by rare i mean the chance of finding one single bullet should equal the dayz mods chance of finding one single can of mountain dew.

The ammo isn't actually rare, because these things also use it.

dshkm_002.jpg

I'd rather see a Dushka before an M107 or any anti-materiel rifle...  fits the setting and is more common than all types of anti-materiel rifles put together! :lol:

• Like 1

yeah, why not. It's in the arma 2 campaign and was deployed with US soldiers who entered chernarus. If they made sniping as realistic and hard as ACE mod made it, only the skilled or equipped could use it, making it not op.

Edited by lootable

well considering that there are M4A1s, US army fatigues and blown up BMPs (unless there are rpg wielding infected) i think it's safe to assume that there is US involvement. I just assumed that they followed through from the arma 2 campaign. The BMPs indicate that US forces were fighting insurgents (the chedaki).

No. If anything it should be a KVSK for anti-material. Even then, a survivor would not have the know how to operate that weapon system, plus it's incredibly heavy weight and the ammo... It's just useless. 

The ammo isn't actually rare, because these things also use it.

dshkm_002.jpg

I'd rather see a Dushka before an M107 or any anti-materiel rifle...  fits the setting and is more common than all types of anti-materiel rifles put together! :lol:

YES!

My favorite .50...

Add one onto a Pickup!

OP

All I heard in your post was "I want A barret because I'm entiled to it because I don't like PSO scopes"

Its not about what one, single person likes, its about  what the majority wants.

800px-KSVK1.jpg

800px-OSV-96_MAKS-2009.jpg

Those are the only two that make any sense, but even then shouldn't be ingame because of these reasons:

Weight. They both weigh almost 30lbs. the rounds weigh about 50gs each are over 5in long. try carring that around.

Size. the KSVK is 1420mm long, and the OSV is 1700mm. The AKM is 800MM.

Noise. .50s are extremely loud, and one shot would attract every zombie within 1000M.

Use. They are not made for sniping. they're made for taking out vehicles from miles away, usually in deserts, which is impossible in Chernarus due to sight line limits.

I would NEVER even touch one IRL, but some Idiots would and would end up having their faces eaten off.

IF one is added, it needs these Realistic nerfs

Cannot be fired unless prone

Slows character down by %50

One 5-rnd magazine takes 4 Inventory. rounds cannot be stacked.

Extremly loud

Extreme Recoil

Ammo only found in wrecked BMPS, T-72s and UAZs, extremely rarely.

only 2000 guns can exist at any time.

• Like 1

Maybe add it as the extremely rare weapon, with extremely rare ammo, and even more extremely rare magazines. Make it part of the future global economy Rocket talked about, so there can only be 2 or 3 of them across ALL servers. Add a weight system to the inventory (this suggestion has nothing to do with the weapon itself, it would be cool even if the weapon is not added), so the player becomes extremely tired and can't even jog for long distances, unless they give up important gear to go for a lighter load. Make using it really clunky. Slow reload, Bad maneuvering with the weapon unholstered, really bad recoil, etcetera... Remember that the players are not trained soldiers, just average janes and joes that are just fighting to survive. Hard to understand why they would want to use such a weapon, but hey, to each their own.

EDIT: What thedogfoodyayho said. His is a much better post than mine. Except the limit of 2000 guns, I think that's way too many.

Edited by HellSnake
  • Like 1

No no no,  Mosin with scope is fine, add a few more weapons then concentrate on the other possibilities!!!!!!

Maybe add it as the extremely rare weapon, with extremely rare ammo, and even more extremely rare magazines. Make it part of the future global economy Rocket talked about, so there can only be 2 or 3 of them across ALL servers. Add a weight system to the inventory (this suggestion has nothing to do with the weapon itself, it would be cool even if the weapon is not added), so the player becomes extremely tired and can't even jog for long distances, unless they give up important gear to go for a lighter load. Make using it really clunky. Slow reload, Bad maneuvering with the weapon unholstered, really bad recoil, etcetera... Remember that the players are not trained soldiers, just average janes and joes that are just fighting to survive. Hard to understand why they would want to use such a weapon, but hey, to each their own.

EDIT: What thedogfoodyayho said. His is a much better post than mine. Except the limit of 2000 guns, I think that's way too many.

900,000 People have already bought the game, and many more will buy it. the chances of encountering someone with one would be very, very slim, especially since most would be stashed in tents up north forever.

• Like 1

No no no,  Mosin with scope is fine, add a few more weapons then concentrate on the other possibilities!!!!!!

I think we'll see something a bit more high-tech later on. The SVD surely... It fits the setting so well.

The most important hing is not only to make it rare and hard to handle,but giving it a real purpose beside killing players,which is destroying vehicles.If they are hard to use,rare and only useful for clans to fight other clans that have armored vehicles add them in,yes. It would make for some awesome clan fights and would make the member who actually has an anti-material rifle a valuable asset.

Edited by Gandolaf

no.

AS50, M107 and that weird DMR thing were game breaking.

(DMR was the least game breaking weapon, but it still was)

Without a .50 Cal how in the hell am I going to shoot down your helicopter at 1000m in the sky.

^Somthing very close to the .50 will be in during launch. That I can promise cause as already stated without a Anti-vehicle weapon then even a 1985 Toyo Pickup is a rolling tank at anything over 500m.

Without a .50 Cal how in the hell am I going to shoot down your helicopter at 1000m in the sky.

^Somthing very close to the .50 will be in during launch. That I can promise cause as already stated without a Anti-vehicle weapon then even a 1985 Toyo Pickup is a rolling tank at anything over 500m.

the answer is: you wont.

If there will be any helis ingame, you would have to use your "normal" anti personell weapons against it.

so that will make helis superior.

i guess of they will be in theyll be rare, super hard to repair and really super hard to refuel

Well, zeroing, scopes and what not are all attachments, so that argument is invalid. If it's just for the looks of it, sure, why not. It should have similar damage properties to other sniper rifles of similar caliber. I'd hate to have this one super duper awesome gun in game everybody goes for, leaving everything else inferior.

Why not? I'll dare asuming that it won't make a difference to you, wether you get shot with the M107 or the Mosin...

I'd still prefer a "soviet weapons only" aproach to the games gun-wildlife though.

>1 hit kill

>Semi-auto, not bolt action.

>Armor penetrating

NO.

>1 hit kill

>Semi-auto, not bolt action.

>Armor penetrating

NO.

Most guns are one shot kill anyways... wether you get a .308 or a .50 though the throat doesn't really matter :D

• Like 1

Hinted and Confirmed Specific Vehicles

I'm not so certain, that we see in SA any working helicopters. Although that something that can fly, seems there will be.

Q: With the popularity of Lingor, somewhere down the road can we expect to see other maps officially supported aside from just Chernarus? If so, how would character selection work?

A: Absolutely. I think having the ability for the character to travel to other islands is my preferred one (e.g. by boat or air).
Edited by gregor

It's nothing to do with the weapons being "too good" or "overpowered", it's the fact that they just do not fit the setting.

I think we will see some very powerful kit as Rocket mentioned that he wanted to introduce a global economy, i.e. some items being limited to x number being available across all servers, but I do not think we will ever see .50cal rifles as they just don't fit.

Just curious, Then may it be possible to get a tank? I mean that would be sick and I see a lot of broken ones around...fits the setting, make it the most rarest in the game and 1 per server.

Sooo, KSVK in standalone :P  There will be all sorts o weapons im sure, we will be able to armor and arm vehicles.. this stuff was being talked about a long time ago! So expect to see m2's etc... a lot o this what the SA is going to be has come from a lil group confirming their own views as what its going to be in here, these forums, it has nothing to do with anything official... there are already british survival vests, hummer wreaks, etc.

High powered snipers are a plague, and the only cure is an axe to the head.

But seriously, I find they make more rage than fun.

So, No.