huptut

over the shoulder firing

i know that you currently cannot run and fire (or if its even possible to implement) but as i was running from some zeds yesterday and was using the alt button to look over my shoulder and a new mechanic came to mind.

How about being able to fire your pistol (and only your pistol) over your shoulder as u run off? Obviously some really heavy sway to the aiming system would have to be in place as well as other accuracy issues. Just thought it would be a cool thing to have in game.

Interesting from a game standpoint. But from a realism standpoint, your crosshair would have to be randomly moving over the entire screen to even remotely simulate how hard that shot would be.

Interesting from a game standpoint. But from a realism standpoint' date=' your crosshair would have to be randomly moving over the entire screen to even remotely simulate how hard that shot would be.

[/quote']

...which is pretty much what your crosshair does whenever you move.

It would take an incredible amount of skill to land well aimed shots while running, but at least it gives us a cool and potentially fun mechanic to even the odds when being chased by agro'd zed in the middle of farm country.

Sick idea, although I doubt it would get implemented, anyhow would be awesome.

While walking, the crosshair deviates within about 2-3 inch square region on a 24 inch monitor. So, for it to move all over the screen would require about 10 times the deviation.

Not even comparable to normal movement.

It wouldn't have to be made that difficult, but anything easier would feel very video gamey and action-movie-ey but not very real.

While walking' date=' the crosshair deviates within about 2-3 inch square region on a 24 inch monitor. So, for it to move all over the screen would require about 10 times the deviation.

Not even comparable to normal movement.

It wouldn't have to be made that difficult, but anything easier would feel very video gamey and action-movie-ey but not very real.

[/quote']

I was actually thinking about the way the crosshair whips around during animations like posture changes and such, especially if you watch it in 3rd person--

All I was really getting at is that yes it should whip around-- requiring incredible timing and/or luck, which could be mitigated by a higher volume of bullets (aka spray and pray.)

the OP seems to be suggesting this, too.

If it could be implemented, I am all for it.

Hmm.. interesting i think it could be nice ;)

I highly doubt this is even possible unless the entire ARMA engine was updated to include this feature.

however if they did update the engine so u could jog and shoot that means the zeds would be able to as well...no more them having to stop to hit you which means there run speed could finally be tweaked down a bit instead of..... Rocket fast zombies *shades* Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh haha sorry had to.

What I would love to see and fits a Zombie Apocalypse is getting rid of the shoulder holster and move weapon to hip firing the way most civilians turned zombie hunters would fire.