Sign in to follow this  
CaptMorgan117

KoS is not part of the game, it IS the game.

I have not had a single positive experience with another player in this game yet. 

I don't fire on anyone, flip em off, or even point a weapon, but I get blasted every time. 

The game loses play value when you cannot interact with another player at all.  So for all you KoS noobs, thanks for making the game terrible (again).

/rant

• Like 3

WOW You dont like kos?

Please tell me more of this new complaint.

(not to be mean op I just see this alot and bkood bags are kinda to hard to make :/ but its a alpha!)

Edited by meat pie
  • Like 2

If you know that you are gonna die when you meet someone, why don't you kill thems? 80% of players are selfish and want what you have or just want to kill you for fun. The fact is, there's nothing to do right now in the game except; survive, loot and kill.

Edited by nicolasvei
  • Like 1

I know part of who sees who first is luck, but try to cut that down by playing as tactfull as possible. When you see someone else before they see you, and you hold them up, they might just be a bit more talkative than before,

Still, players don't communicate enough. 

• Like 2

I have not had a single positive experience with another player in this game yet. 

I don't fire on anyone, flip em off, or even point a weapon, but I get blasted every time. 

The game loses play value when you cannot interact with another player at all.  So for all you KoS noobs, thanks for making the game terrible (again).

/rant

Welcome to the world!

See, you'd be begging for the police to sort shit in the apocalypse noobs.

• Like 2

If you know that you are gonna die when you meet someone, why don't you kill thems? 80% of players are selfish and want what you have or just want to kill you for fun. The fact is, there's nothing to do right now in the game except; survive, loot and kill.

Because he is running down the middle of the road in daylight with he's dayglow jacket and pink sequined hat shouting "hiya, my name is terrence, do you wanna be my bestest bestest buddy and we can hold hands and skip, in this zombie apocalypse"

• Like 2

Welcome to the world!

Welcome to the Standalone you mean.

It was pretty common in the mod to meet a player and not get killed as soon as you see them.

I'll make it positive.

I just ran for 5 hours into the deep northwest. Ran around a corner into another player and died dancing with a full clip sprayed into me.

I love this game and can't wait to try again.

Good times.

• Like 2

Welcome to the Standalone you mean.

It was pretty common in the mod to meet a player and not get killed as soon as you see them.

I see you joined the mod very late and played epoch, and built houses and your own car and a locked safe so you didnt lose your own valuables!

Epoch killed what Dayz was meant to be about. Seems to me that alot players dont want to feel that anxious feeling you get when you play Dayz, they want to feel safe like you feel irl, But there are no police in the zombie apoc to save your butt.

Edited by anglo

I know part of who sees who first is luck, but try to cut that down by playing as tactfull as possible. When you see someone else before they see you, and you hold them up, they might just be a bit more talkative than before,

Still, players don't communicate enough. 

I've played for hours on my own, being sneaky and avoiding players isn't the issue.  I seek out others just to get popped, no one communicates, and I'm on local servers.

My point is about KoS being the only player interaction in the game.  The mod required you to work with other players to survive much more often, the standalone lacks that and it's frustrating.

Can we get a script or macro system set up where if it detects the words Kill On Sight, or KoS in a thread title or beginning body text, then it would merge that thread in with the existing KoS thread?...

Being a hero and not shooting on sight is very difficult. 

For example durning my last experience in elektro. 
Me and my friend was taking cover inside of a house to recover after a heavy firefight and the NE mountain of elektro, after a while a guys walk in with a M4, we obviously force him to put it on the ground but offer him protection. (obviously we can't be certain he is friendly) after a while another guy walks in and we offer him protection aswell. he had nothing and only fresh spawn. What makes this so difficult is that we are now trying to protect 2 guys in a house while keeping an eye on them so they dont try anything stupid and also gotta keep eyes at all the windows and the door I eventually get shot through one of the windows by a mosin after allready being shot by a M4 from the firefight before, so I'm instantly dead...
And that's how it goes for trying to keep people safe while on a lookout for the bandits shooting. It's very hard to defend people and also succesfully killing the bandits. 

Now if this was a rescue mission this would have been a completly diffirent story!

• Like 1

I see you joined the mod very late and played epoch, and built houses and your own car and a locked safe so you didnt lose your own valuables!

Epoch killed what Dayz was meant to be about. Seems to me that alot players dont want to feel that anxious feeling you get when you play Dayz, they want to feel safe like you feel irl, But there are no police in the zombie apoc to save your butt.

Never built my own house, never even seen a safe.  I don't want to feel safe in the game, I want to get a blood transfusion without someone shooting me in the face.  This is about player interaction declining in the standalone.

• Like 2

Never built my own house, never even seen a safe.  I don't want to feel safe in the game, I want to get a blood transfusion without someone shooting me in the face.  This is about player interaction declining in the standalone.

True, people need to grow some balls, and take the risk of communicating with one another like a man.

Some KoS is ok, but the proportions are unrealistic now.

• Like 4

I don't understand. What is it that makes you want to talk instead of kill? You'd rather chat it up instead of have a firefight? What are you doing in a survival game I am so mad right now.

Nail on the head.

You see theres this thing called Alpha, it kinda means the game is being tested and isnt complete!

Did you read the written text before you pressed the "i understand" key?

I didn't kill this dude.  Pretty proud of myself.  

Edited by -DMG-Jonesy

I don't understand. What is it that makes you want to talk instead of kill? You'd rather chat it up instead of have a firefight? What are you doing in a survival game I am so mad right now.

You just said it. S U R V I V A L game. Would you like to survive? Then you'd like for me not to kill you on sight, no? So i chat you up, and after, we both go on our marry way. You just survived what could have been certain death. Wouldn't you like to do this for others as well?

• Like 1

You see theres this thing called Alpha, it kinda means the game is being tested and isnt complete!

Did you read the written text before you pressed the "i understand" key?

Did you read the part where the post is about PLAYER interaction? 

• Like 2

Talking means sharing information, information which may lead to teaming up, by teaming up you can cover more ground and easily take out the bandits.