Sign in to follow this  
archibald tutter

What happened to 10 -- 15buck$ alpha pricing?

Do you think you'll ever shut the fuck up about CoD?

Nerves struck much bro? Relax, nobody care's if your a Call of Duty fan, just tone that down a little...

• Like 1

OP is poor and butthurt about it

If the game is too expensive, then why did they shift nearly 900 thousand copies in the first month? Let me guess, hurrdurr people are stupid and only my opinion counts.

Face facts. They priced it at what they thought it was worth. Turns out, a lot of people agreed with them.

Let's see shall we. Completely new gaming experience for me, as I've never played the mods, and hardly watched in on twitch. Check.

Still log on every day for upwards of eight hours after work, check.

Over 100 hours played so far, check.

Amazing graphics which I run at a steady 40fps, providing vibrant and beautiful gameplay, till I get shot, check.

Heavy survival mechanics to keep me from getting bored, check.

All for Thirty dollars, when the new releases of late 2013 couldn't provide me with any of the above, let alone at a higher cost for less entertainment? Check.

I'm happy

Il be honest i did have a lil "huh??" moment when i saw the price on steam. But i wanted to support Dayz so i went for it :). Maybe im just being a bit paranoid but my first thought was that BI didnt think it was gonna do so well. So they pumped the price a bit to make off the hardcore fans that would have bought it anyway lol. 

But either way it worked, im glad its been so popular :)

Maybe im just being a bit paranoid but my first thought was that BI didnt think it was gonna do so well. So they pumped the price a bit to make off the hardcore fans that would have bought it anyway lol. 

I'm pretty sure if BI was just looking to cash in, they wouldn't have let rocket tell people not to buy it yet.

Im more than happy to pay 30$ now for a game that will cost probably 60$ on release.  i can speak for a lot of us and see im having a lot of fun playing the SA even with all its bugs and lack of features.  But we all knew it would be like this(well the people that can read anyways).  As long as they keep rolling out the updates and stick to what they've promised ill be happy with it.

In the early days of dayz mod (when there were only 50servers and logging on was pain in the ass) community grew as people helping each other learn, solve bugs, captured videos, writing tutorials voluntarily and we were all excited about this and wanted this to become huge as it is today. anyway, rocket always said in early days of development 'it will be the minecraft model, alpha price will be very cheap, like 10 bucks'.

one thing I did was I quit buying battlefield games after walt disney bought ea and turned it realistic war promoting brainwash asset. last game I bought from dice was bc2 for me. now I understand same thing happen to bohemia also. I mean you people hit the jackpot already by selling a dead-forgotten game named arma2oa  2mil thanks to dayz mod, you restricted models and weapon crosshair textures to sell broken DLCs for 10 bucks too and I bought them to support, that was OK... then arma3 came out with 35$alpha price and stupid 30-20fps multiplayer performance and all the same cpu utilization problems same as arma2 .. and now this, dayz is 30 bucks unlike what you stated all the time at every chance 'it will be minecraft model, 10 15$ price for alpha'..

same map, same engine, even same zombie sounds after 1 year of development (As I saw on yt videos) and lots of sun rays with obvious stalker rip off ship on shore.. even weapon models look they belong to stalker. all it needs underground passages to complete rip off imo.

First, this is what Rocket said:

“People pay X amount of dollars and they get early, cheap access to it, and then once it's beta, price goes up, maybe, say, $10, and once it goes retail, the price goes up $10"

Rocket was not saying DayZ was going to be TEN DOLLARS, he was comparing the pricing model to that of Minecraft simply noting the price for alpha would be cheaper than the price of the official release.  

Secondly, it sounds like you've been listening to a little too much Alex Jones.  You said,

"quit buying battlefield games after walt disney bought ea and turned it realistic war promoting brainwash asset"

Get your facts straight for one.  Disney never bought EA.  Disney and EA have some licensing deals, that's it and Battlefield sure as hell is not one of them.  Try Star Wars instead...you know...because Disney owns Star Wars know.  

Also, EA has not been turning the Battlefield series into a "realistic war promoting brainwash asset."  You think a bunch of kids, sitting at home playing video games are like, "I'm gonna join the Army now!  ALL PRAISE THE HYPNO-TOAD!"  Yeah...No.  Wait...I bet that's what THEY want you to believe right?

In fact, EA has been going the opposite direction.  They started with an excellent game and ever since after BF2142, Battlefield has been turning into a Call of Duty clone.

So again, Hall never said DayZ was going to cost $10.  He was merely comparing price modeling.  If you don't think the game isn't worth $30, then don't buy it.  Simple.  On the other hand, if you really, really want this game...then it must be worth something, eh?

As far as your comments about this being the exact same engine, it's obvious you haven't bothered to follow the actual development of the game before you blindly go criticizing it.

Lastly, a shipwreck on the shore is an "obvious stalker ripoff"?  Oh lord, I just love these young game hipsters who think everything is a rip-off of the last game they played.  Yes, STALKER was the first game EVER to have a shipwreck.  

Wait...no way!  Stalker obviously ripped off Arctic Shipwreck for the Commodore 64. /realgamehipster

arctic_shipwreck_01.gif

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

If it only cost 10-15 script kiddies would just keep buying new copies after they get banned for cheating, at 30 maybe they wont cheat on the second time.......because they cant get 50 keys for 5$ anymore

if you think the people who are using these scripts are buying game codes off of steam you really need to start thinking, websites that make/sell these scripts also sell game codes for much cheaper 5-10 dollars per code because they buy them in bulk from other countries.

if you think the people who are using these scripts are buying game codes off of steam you really need to start thinking, websites that make/sell these scripts also sell game codes for much cheaper 5-10 dollars per code because they buy them in bulk from other countries.

DayZ is only on Steam now, I'm no expert but that means it's not being handled like ArmA where they just sell CD keys. Even then, it would still require another Steam account after each ban.

DayZ is only on Steam now, I'm no expert but that means it's not being handled like ArmA where they just sell CD keys. Even then, it would still require another Steam account after each ban.

They sell steam game codes too, same process just have a gift system set up for those pay hack sites. and if a script kiddie is using the script on there main steam account there retarded.

Dean Hall Quotes on pricing:

We’re also going to put in enough features that people are comfortable playing a small price point, like 15 euro or something for it when it releases.

So, I would see DayZ releasing at around the 15 EUR mark, which would be much lower than any potential competitor could do it, let alone with the feature set that we're planning.

Talking to VideoGamer.com last week, Hall said that the standalone version of his hit open world horror will deliver "a much more polished, robust product with enough features that people are like, 'Okay, 15 Euro, sure fine, why not?'"

Just to be clear, he definitely suggested a much lower alpha price for the most part of the development process.

They sell steam game codes too, same process just have a gift system set up for those pay hack sites. and if a script kiddie is using the script on there main steam account there retarded.

Yeah, but that requires another Steam account and DayZ is only on Steam so it's not the same as ArmA and its CD keys that people buy for cheap. You can't just put in another key for a game you already own to start fresh, not on Steam.

First -- I don't know why you guys are mentioning CoD so much?  CoD and DayZ are completely different games.  And if someone wants to play DayZ like that -- AWESOME -- more loot for everyone else, right?

Second -- Devs -- THANK YOU!  For such an awesome game.  For only 30 dollars.  I'm only 2 and a half weeks in to the DayZ story.  I never played the mod (until after I bought the SA and loved it).  Seriously, thank you.  I see this becoming the most played game of mine.  I even went out and bought a 100 dollar surround sound head set JUST FOR THIS GAME.  Because I know I'll use it.

Dean Hall Quotes on pricing:

Just to be clear, he definitely suggested a much lower alpha price for the most part of the development process.

Would be awesome if you could put dates on those quotes. Edited by Dallas

Yeah, but that requires another Steam account and DayZ is only on Steam so it's not the same as ArmA and its CD keys that people buy for cheap. You can't just put in another key for a game you already own to start fresh, not on Steam.

they make a new steam account go to one of the many easy to find/known(i wont advertise them here) websites that sell hacks/cheap game codes and they buy the game through them, the website then gifts them the code and bam I got dayz SA for 5-10 dollars, and they sell the hacks the person wants too~ its a one stop shop, you can think they dont exist but that doesn't get rid of them.

wat....

Before leaving this uncommented, the shitty performance comes mostly from a shitty cpu of yours. Get a job -> Buy a modern CPU -> Enjoy decent frames.

Also I wasn't aware that ships on shores are a stalker exclusives...

:emptycan:

have to disagree, i5 4670k @4.2GhZ - Arma/Day z is the only game where my fps dropped to 30 and below.

they make a new steam account go to one of the many easy to find/known(i wont advertise them here) websites that sell hacks/cheap game codes and they buy the game through them, the website then gifts them the code and bam I got dayz SA for 5-10 dollars, and they sell the hacks the person wants too~ its a one stop shop, you can think they dont exist but that doesn't get rid of them.

You have to make a new account each time just for DayZ though. I never said you couldn't just get another key, I said you can't use it on the same account, where with the mod (or ArmA 2) it's as simple as just using another key as long as it's not tied to your Steam Account.

It's a bit more of a hassle. I'm sure people will do it, but if you get banned three times you have to make two new Steam accounts just for DayZ. It's going to get to a point where it's not worth the hassle.

Edited by Diggydug

You have to make a new account each time just for DayZ though. I never said you couldn't just get another key, I said you can't use it on the same account, where with the mod (or ArmA 2) it's as simple as just using another key as long as it's not tied to your Steam Account.

It's a bit more of a hassle. I'm sure people will do it, but if you get banned three times you have to make two new Steam accounts just for DayZ. It's going to get to a point where it's not worth the hassle.

That would be an issue if steam accounts weren't free, filling out a registration form is hardly a hassle if I don't want my other steam games effected by my cheating in Dayz.

I'm simply saying it's not as convenient to cheat in DayZ as it is in ArmA. Obviously if you really want then you're going to do it, it's just not as simple as it was for ArmA 2.

have to disagree, i5 4670k @4.2GhZ - Arma/Day z is the only game where my fps dropped to 30 and below.

I have the very same CPU, running at stock frequecy, I get 50 to 75 fps. I think the lowest I ever got was 45 - 40. All maxed out on ultra. Maxed out.

What are your RAM, GPU and disk specs?

what a tight arse... do you live in housing commission too ?

pointing out how the dev said it would be cheaper is not being cheap :\