Sign in to follow this  
archibald tutter

What happened to 10 -- 15buck$ alpha pricing?

In the early days of dayz mod (when there were only 50servers and logging on was pain in the ass) community grew as people helping each other learn, solve bugs, captured videos, writing tutorials voluntarily and we were all excited about this and wanted this to become huge as it is today. anyway, rocket always said in early days of development 'it will be the minecraft model, alpha price will be very cheap, like 10 bucks'.

one thing I did was I quit buying battlefield games after walt disney bought ea and turned it realistic war promoting brainwash asset. last game I bought from dice was bc2 for me. now I understand same thing happen to bohemia also. I mean you people hit the jackpot already by selling a dead-forgotten game named arma2oa  2mil thanks to dayz mod, you restricted models and weapon crosshair textures to sell broken DLCs for 10 bucks too and I bought them to support, that was OK... then arma3 came out with 35$alpha price and stupid 30-20fps multiplayer performance and all the same cpu utilization problems same as arma2 .. and now this, dayz is 30 bucks unlike what you stated all the time at every chance 'it will be minecraft model, 10 15$ price for alpha'..

same map, same engine, even same zombie sounds after 1 year of development (As I saw on yt videos) and lots of sun rays with obvious stalker rip off ship on shore.. even weapon models look they belong to stalker. all it needs underground passages to complete rip off imo.

mod was succesful cuz creating a zombie mmo from arma2 was genius but standalone is lame with all this un original ripoffs .. at least for me, maybe people haven't played what I played will enjoy but not me.

my 2 cents. you people get greedy, and this shows itself both with game's price and it's present state. Thats a shame really.

anyway it was fun to had those moments at early days of mod. thanks a lot for all that. But releasing same map with worse performance and 30$ alpha price? thats spitting in the face to people who supported this mod from day1.

• Like 3

wat....

Before leaving this uncommented, the shitty performance comes mostly from a shitty cpu of yours. Get a job -> Buy a modern CPU -> Enjoy decent frames.

Also I wasn't aware that ships on shores are a stalker exclusives...

:emptycan:

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 16

Not everyone is going to like it, not everyone is going to have the same view. I have paid much more for games, for much less :) 

I don't feel like i have spit on my face either, maybe some dribble from lunch but that's it.

• Like 11

I dont' get the best frames, even with an 8350 8 gigs of ram and a 7950 but it's not optomized at all

however i have more fun with the bugs and glitches here than another call of duty title or battle field title.. no offense to those that still enjoy those titles

Edited by Deepfryer
  • Like 2

Besides, for every dollar that this game costs extra 10k less CoD kiddies buy this game....

• Like 5

Besides, for every dollar that this game costs extra 10k less CoD kiddies buy this game....

Do you think you'll ever shut the fuck up about CoD?

• Like 1

If it only cost 10-15 script kiddies would just keep buying new copies after they get banned for cheating, at 30 maybe they wont cheat on the second time.......because they cant get 50 keys for 5$ anymore

• Like 6

I believe $30 is a drop in the bucket compared to some of the shite that I've bought for double or even triple that(yeah AU, games are exy) and these are triple AAA games.

I think what it comes down to is this, if you don't want or like the fact that you have to pay $30 or think the game is a rip off don't buy it. Simple isn't it?

Although, buying it now you're getting it cheaper than Beta or full release. So to each his own.

I guess to come here and express your opinion is all good but some of your statements are obviously based on poorly following the development of the SA.

May I suggest reading up before you make false claims on certain facts, then post? I dunno, it may be just me but you seem very misinformed.

Edited by R.Neville

Seems like you stopped paying attention in August 2012.

I guess you missed December 2012, when they decided against repackaging the mod as a standalone and undertook a complete engine rewrite instead. I guess you missed that a whole year went by and that a year's worth of development isn't free. I guess you missed the changes to the engine, the changes to the map, the changes to the survival system, the player models, inventory, I guess you miss much.

However since the mod was such a colossal slap in your face and you hated ArmA 3 too, why'd you be interested in the Standalone at all? You know you're allowed to do a little thinking before you purchase anything, you don't actually have to imitate a cartoon, yelling "Shut up and take my money."

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 13

If it only cost 10-15 script kiddies would just keep buying new copies after they get banned for cheating, at 30 maybe they wont cheat on the second time.......because they cant get 50 keys for 5$ anymore

And some might not get it in the first place. (i hope)

What's up bruh? :P

I guess you missed December 2012, when they decided against repackaging the mod as a standalone and undertook a complete engine rewrite instead. I guess you missed that a whole year went by and that a year's worth of development isn't free. I guess you missed the changes to the engine, the changes to the map, the changes to the survival system, the player models, inventory, I guess you miss much.

However since the mod was such a colossal slap in your face and you hated ArmA 3 too, why'd you be interested in the Standalone at all? You know you're allowed to do a little thinking before you purchase anything, you don't actually have to imitate a cartoon, yelling "Shut up and take my money."

The duck has spoken... I completly agree

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 1

• Like 3

Well, dunno what to say really, but probably it's time for you to part from DayZ. Having your face spat in is not something a man lets slide, but what are you gonna do, pay for a ticket and punch Hicks in his face? No, that would be a little bit much. Maybe if you someday end up taking a vacation of business trip to Prague, and happened to be out at the Demon Bar, and you see him or Rocket come in you can be like, "YO! You said $30 you motherfuckers!" Then you could crack him with a cradle piledriver. Even if the cops come they're just Czech dudes, so being an American you'd have no problem taking care of them. Good luck man. You've got a tough row to hoe. Me, I'm just going to set here with a hole in my wallet where $15 should be and saliva dripping down my face.

• Like 1

I don't recall any official source confirming a $15 price. I remember everyone speculating how much it'd be (My guess was £15, which wasn't too far off) but as far as I'm aware there was never a confirmation of price until it was released.

• Like 3

Rocket said he wanted to do it like Minecraft with like a $15 initial buy-in at some point. It was just him talking about something he hadn't really even started working on yet. 

He isn't attacking CoD, only the 12-year olds playing it.

I think CoD is alright, but I stopped playing it because of the 1337 Trolzor 420blazeit XxQuICKscOPerxX kids.

• Like 2

one thing I did was I quit buying battlefield games after walt disney bought ea and turned it realistic war promoting brainwash asset. last game I bought from dice was bc2 for me. now I understand same thing happen to bohemia also. I mean you people hit the jackpot already by selling a dead-forgotten game named arma2oa  2mil thanks to dayz mod, you restricted models and weapon crosshair textures to sell broken DLCs for 10 bucks too and I bought them to support, that was OK... then arma3 came out with 35$alpha price and stupid 30-20fps multiplayer performance and all the same cpu utilization problems same as arma2 .. and now this, dayz is 30 bucks unlike what you stated all the time at every chance 'it will be minecraft model, 10 15$ price for alpha'..

You said EA is turned BF into a realistic war promoting brainwashing anything, but yet you brought Arma 2 for DayZ from a company that sells a simulator to the Military Market?

same map, same engine, even same zombie sounds after 1 year of development (As I saw on yt videos) and lots of sun rays with obvious stalker rip off ship on shore.. even weapon models look they belong to stalker. all it needs underground passages to complete rip off imo.

Let them working on game mechanics before we all judge sounds. The sunrays don't look like a rip off to me. The weapons models seem to be differently textured Arma 2 models. IMO ARMA 2 graphics when I was playing DAYZ at least for me felt a little cartoony. I think they did some really good work on the environment the ship was there in ARMA 2 also it just wasn't enterable.

mod was succesful cuz creating a zombie mmo from arma2 was genius but standalone is lame with all this un original ripoffs .. at least for me, maybe people haven't played what I played will enjoy but not me.

my 2 cents. you people get greedy, and this shows itself both with game's price and it's present state. Thats a shame really.

anyway it was fun to had those moments at early days of mod. thanks a lot for all that. But releasing same map with worse performance and 30$ alpha price? thats spitting in the face to people who supported this mod from day1.

Ive personally never had performance issues so far. I just built a new system so I cant compare it to my laptop. The pricing is fine if you look at it this way, the game will most likely have a 60 Dollar US price point, your basically getting it half off, and learning about the game development process in the process.

Edited by BwickFS39

I think CoD is alright, but I stopped playing it because of the 1337 Trolzor 420blazeit XxQuICKscOPerxX kids.

thank you. I didn't bother answering, but this is what my answer would have looked like :)

(I myself played more CoD4 than Bf3 and DayZ (SA&Mod) combined, lol

• Like 1

alpha price will be very cheap, like 10 bucks'.

Alpha is $10, Beta is $10, Full game is $10, that amounts up to the full $30 for DayZ on Steam.

same map, same engine, even same zombie sounds after 1 year of development (As I saw on yt videos)

No, No and No.

standalone is lame with all this un original ripoffs ..

Really?..

Okay, I'll break it down for you like I do every other person who jumps on the same bandwagon as you.

Several times in your post you have mentioned "Alpha for $10". Did it ever occur to you that the standalone isn't going to magically disappear from your steam list when the Alpha is over? There is going to be a beta, a full release and even AFTER the full release there will still be patches (Despite ArmA 3 being a complete flop, and ArmA 2 having to get finished by the modding community, I will admit that BI are fantastic with patch updates).

It's not the same map at all either; have you even bothered to look around towns? Notice how 90% of the buildings are enter-able compared to ArmA 2's 40% (Roughly)?.

Notice how there is a major increase in buildings on the map, how towns actually look like towns and not some pitiful villages?.

Notice the little stretch of land way up north with roads and fields carved for more towns? In fact, have you noticed any changes in this yet or are you just looking for something to rage about so that you can stand out on the forums?.

Also, do you finally notice how I'm talking to you as if you've never played the mod? That's because 90% of your post was made up of shit that completely falls apart.

Alas, the ideas are not "un-original", in case you didn't notice, the same people had the same ideas for the mod...

Conclusion: The Alpha is indeed $10, if you look at it the right way.

• Like 1

The ability to rip shirts and turn them into bandages comes directly from project zomboid, which dean hall loves to play. good games influence the people who play them. i dont think it is bad to have aspects of them in dayz. 

I wouldnt buy a game just to support it and feel special. Even after telling people not to buy it they sold 800,000 copies and the game isnt even released yet.  Maybe you shouldve listened and waited until the final product was ready and bought it then.

• Like 2

So you left CoD because of them, and now they're ruining all of your fun in DayZ? Tell me guys, how does it feel to run crying with your tails between your legs from a bunch of fucking 12-year-old's?

If they're such a pack of immature idiots, how hard can it be to just straight up kick their fucking asses?

"Oh, but that wouldn't be DayZ! If I have to actually beat an opponent with the brain of a 12-year-old, that's TOO HARD!"

"This game's all about SURVIVAL!! But, you know, easy survival. Not hard survival. Like surviving a bunch of 12-year-olds."

Holy shit change your diapers and grow some fucking balls.

• Like 4

So you left CoD because of them, and now they're ruining all of your fun in DayZ? Tell me guys, how does it feel to run crying with your tails between your legs from a bunch of fucking 12-year-old's?

If they're such a pack of immature idiots, how hard can it be to just straight up kick their fucking asses?

"Oh, but that wouldn't be DayZ! If I have to actually beat an opponent with the brain of a 12-year-old, that's TOO HARD!"

"This game's all about SURVIVAL!! But, you know, easy survival. Not hard survival. Like surviving a bunch of 12-year-olds."

Holy shit change your diapers and grow some fucking balls.

Seriously, dude, you're overstepping some boundaries here and you should stop with that asap before this gets more emarassing.

Maybe someone else will explain to you in detail how all of what you posted there is bullshit, I'm not willing to put up with this shit. But if you acctually believe what you wrote together there, I feel for you buddy.

Oh, and how is it that you feel attacked so harshly when we mention CoD kiddies? Is it because you are one of these entitled little hacking shits? Because that's what "CoD kiddie" stands for, it's a synonym, a methaphor.

Weparo out

• Like 2

Seriously, dude, you're overstepping some boundaries here and you should stop with that asap before this gets more emarassing.

Maybe someone else will explain to you in detail how all of what you posted there is bullshit, I'm not willing to put up with this shit. But if you acctually believe what you wrote together there, I feel for you buddy.

Oh, and how is it that you feel attacked so harshly when we mention CoD kiddies? Is it because you are one of these entitled little hacking shits? Because that's what "CoD kiddie" stands for, it's a synonym, a methaphor.

Weparo out

Wrong.

CoD Kiddie is a nickname for somebody who comes in to DayZ with all guns blazing expecting to be a professional no-scoping legend, then they come to the forums to bitch and moan when things don't go their way.

If you're anti-cod then you don't have to mention the word "CoD kiddy" everywhere, or rant about how it's less money for CoD. Activision have their millions already, no need to be pretentious in any way.

We're all off topic however, so let's get back to abusing (kidding) the op.

Wrong.

CoD Kiddie is a nickname for somebody who comes in to DayZ with all guns blazing expecting to be a professional no-scoping legend, then they come to the forums to bitch and moan when things don't go their way.

If you're anti-cod then you don't have to mention the word "CoD kiddy" everywhere, or rant about how it's less money for CoD. Activision have their millions already, no need to be pretentious in any way.

We're all off topic however, so let's get back to abusing (kidding) the op.

fairly sure that the term "CoD kiddie" is well know outside of the DayZ community... And I really mean WELL known.

And please do read my posts before referring to them, because there isn't a single post where I attack CoD, or talk about money for Activision what-so-ever.

But yeah, let's get back on topic!

I personally belive that when rocket mentioned $ 15 (if he ever did) he ment it in a metaphorical way, and was not talking about the actual price. After all, they never made a statement about prices, and they were discussed untill the last day before the release as far as I know.

Edited by Weparo

Rocket never said it will cost 10$,15$ or gave any sort of number for that matter. He just stated that it will follow the minecraft  marketing model, and as the game progresses from Alpha to Beta it will become more expensive.