Sign in to follow this  
Stru

More Food!

I understand the theory of realism in this game, but the lack of food in this game is seriously beginning to frustrate me. All of my deaths have been from starvation. I'll have a backpack full of tools, weapons, ammo, and rotten fruit. However I'll RARELY find food to eat. I was excited when I made it into Kamyshovo and found two bananas and a can of beans. However, my pants glitched off of me along with all of the food I had in my pockets. That was it for the food and I didn't make it into Elektro before I starved to death. 

How about those pumpkins in the gardens? Why can't I eat those? Or any berries in the forests? If this is a game on survival, we should be able to eat more than just cans of tuna. Oh and if Bear Grylls could drink his own piss, I should be able to eat something other than canned shit and be alright. 

Whenever I visit anything that's not the forest I can't help myself but having to leave food behind.

You clearly need to adjust your playstyle.

• Don't search for food in military buildings.
  • Grocerystores have plenty of food
  • Check schools / TEC-buildings
  • search small towns, as they're mostly unlooted and have only residential buildings

If you do all the things above you're fine. I have yet to die of starvation.

• Like 2

My backpack has so much food in it I can't fit a med kit atm. Small tows are the best. Try Shakhovka. You may not find your l33t 4ss M4 but you will get stuff that'll actually help you survive. 

• Like 1

Really no issue finding food myself , whether it be canned goods or the occasional fresh piece of fruit. This is where small towns especially come in handy because not many visit them and food should be rather easy to find in these residential places.

Maybe it's just my luck. I can't tell you how many times I've ransacked entire cities as well as outside villages and found nothing but rotten fruit and motorcycle helmets.

Anyway to tell what buildings are supermarkets though? And do all cities have one? 

Oh, and what cities seem to be the least populated? Yeah, the spawn points seem to be somewhere between Solnichney and Kamyshovo so I'm sure they've already been hit, but it'd be nice to find SOME FOOD there since my character is most likely going to starve by the time I reach a place with food.

Hang in there. After a while you start to know where stuff is, and before you know it. Your 35 slot backpack will be so stuffed with food, ammo and other things. That you have to start dropping stuff to fit more important items. Rice especially is very good. Was dying from starvation, ate one bite of the rice. And my guy was stuffed :D

Maybe it's just my luck. I can't tell you how many times I've ransacked entire cities as well as outside villages and found nothing but rotten fruit and motorcycle helmets.

Anyway to tell what buildings are supermarkets though? And do all cities have one? 

Oh, and what cities seem to be the least populated? Yeah, the spawn points seem to be somewhere between Solnichney and Kamyshovo so I'm sure they've already been hit, but it'd be nice to find SOME FOOD there since my character is most likely going to starve by the time I reach a place with food.

so the problem is right here, you're still on the coast. here's what you should do, go inland. the towns and houses on the way to polana from solnichney usually have some gear lying around, you won't need a map because it's just the road going out the back from solnichney and stay on it, don't deviate from that main road (obviously if you see a house, take a quick geeze), you will find something. 

although if you're determined to stay on the coast check out berenzino, as from my experience it's a ghost town, buuuuuutttt that might have changed with the new spawning system. 

but yeah, don't worry about looting the coast and going north, you've got it the wrong way around, loot north then come back to the coast. 

edit- they're going to add hunting in sooner or later, so then canned food won't be the only way to survive. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 1

Yup.  Any time I can get my newspawn inland alive, I'm able to find enough food to maintain a healthy status pretty easily.

As has been said, move inland and your troubles will basically solve themselves. If you don't know your way, follow some of the main roads inland. Just be careful not to be directly right on top of them (the roads). Stay off to the side of them, in the trees whenever possible.

I understand the theory of realism in this game, but the lack of food in this game is seriously beginning to frustrate me. All of my deaths have been from starvation. I'll have a backpack full of tools, weapons, ammo, and rotten fruit. However I'll RARELY find food to eat. I was excited when I made it into Kamyshovo and found two bananas and a can of beans. However, my pants glitched off of me along with all of the food I had in my pockets. That was it for the food and I didn't make it into Elektro before I starved to death. 

How about those pumpkins in the gardens? Why can't I eat those? Or any berries in the forests? If this is a game on survival, we should be able to eat more than just cans of tuna. Oh and if Bear Grylls could drink his own piss, I should be able to eat something other than canned shit and be alright. 

Hunting will be added later in development.  Foraging might be added as well.

It sucks starting out but brother, once you begin finding food you don't stop finding food.  Hell, the only thing you might have trouble finding is a can opener...but eventually you'll find one of those too.