Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

Is it safe to max drink from ponds?

Yes it is. I've done it several times so far without getting sick.

• Like 2

I tried it once and I randomly tipped over in the middle of a field because it gave me an infection.

If you want to be on the safe side you need to purify your water in your canteens before drinking it.

As of right now yes.  But later on they are going to add a pretty high chance of gettting some form of sickness if you drink from ponds, rivers, lakes ect.  So this will require you to hopefully boil the water(if thast an option) or use the purification tablets.  But drinking from wells in the cities and towns probably will be safe to drink without getting sick.

IRL the water has to be really contaminated to make you sick. If it's close to the quality of tap water why should you get sick in fact tap water is still pretty contaminated. I hope they consider this when they make final tweaks and not like you get sick when you drink from a water pump in the mod almost every time in my case.

I was feeling safe til kichilron's post. Guess I'll stick to pumps then.

Why dont you test it like everybody else?

Cause I'm a girl and I need a husky man like you to test my water for me.

• Like 1

This is always my first action as a bambi. Drink 20 or more gulps and run off to find some food. I've yet to get sick.

Any of you use Vitamins and those things, then? Because I haven't had to, as I was always eating healthy food and only drinking from wells and that kept my "Healing" / "Healthy" Status for a long time. Only interrupted by characterwhipe.

Any of you use Vitamins and those things, then? Because I haven't had to, as I was always eating healthy food and only drinking from wells and that kept my "Healing" / "Healthy" Status for a long time. Only interrupted by characterwhipe.

Funny cause I tried eating pills,charcoal, etc that I don't need and got sick. Basically, if you do not need it don't eat or you'll get sick.

Funny cause I tried eating pills,charcoal, etc that I don't need and got sick. Basically, if you do not need it don't eat or you'll get sick.

Same goes for alcohol. When you use it on your wounds you will get sick for the 15 minutes it will take to clean your wounds, but after that you're fine again. :-/

I ttae vitamines regularly. About a pill every hour.

Not sure why, I just like to act like my life had a value in game and I want to protect it the best I can.

And, yes. Ponds can make you sick.

• Like 1

In the future of DayZ status effects, ailments and treatments will be much more important.  For now, many of them aren't fully implemented.  For now, the only way you'll get sick from drinking water is if you drink too much and get over-stuffed which will cause normal sickness.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Wells are completely safe. Ponds aren't unless changed in the previous patches. Didn't test actual lakes.