Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

Topic cleaned, temporary suspensions dispensed.

This topic is about the rolling update, it's not a place to insult each other. Keep it clean guys.

• Like 3

There must be no difference between quit, alt+f4, and killprocess (you can setup a macro to kill the process avoiding to use Alt+F4). This is the only acceptable method, and for this reason it cannot be that long, i think 30 seconds (with a not moving character) would enough.

A macro is just a process. 1 button that uses alt + F4 is not getting around it. also I am not sure where the other post went, but they did not put it in the Mod because it was not their engine

A macro is just a process. 1 button that uses alt + F4 is not getting around it. also I am not sure where the other post went, but they did not put it in the Mod because it was not their engine

He was talking about a macro that will stop the process Go to task manager and just pressed end process it will just shut it down immediately

He was talking about a macro that will stop the process Go to task manager and just pressed end process it will just shut it down immediately

Thank you for the clarification.

It could still have the player charater die. example: (if no error log for game/server crash) there would be no code logged for logout/sync the way you normally would. upon reconnection you are dead.

There's too much silence on the twitter. Either a pretty bug update - or vacation/busy with other things.. like hiring personal maybe? 

A macro isn't only a key sequence.. you can launch a taskkill /IM dayz.exe ..... Not only this, you can even add on the fly a firewall entry to block the app network traffic (to simulate a disconnection) .. you're underrating the kids fantasy. This is why the only applicable solution is to have a 30 seconds timeout in every circumstance (proper exit, alt+f4, process terminated, network connection interrupted... etc.). Any other solution different that this will not work, because anyone else will learn how to circumvent it (oh well, if they come up with a such naive solution.. i will be the first to post how to, to force em to find a different and better solution).

• Like 2

A macro isn't only a key sequence.. you can launch a taskkill /IM dayz.exe ..... Not only this, you can even add on the fly a firewall entry to block the app network traffic (to simulate a disconnection) .. you're underrating the kids fantasy. This is why the only applicable solution is to have a 30 seconds timeout in every circumstance (proper exit, alt+f4, process terminated, network connection interrupted... etc.). Any other solution different that this will not work, because anyone else will learn how to circumvent it (oh well, if they come up with a such naive solution.. i will be the first to post how to, to force em to find a different and better solution).

Exactly.  And this is why they will do this timer in every situation.  All those wanting 'instant log out on crashing/dcing' are living in la la land.  There is no way, absolutely no way, the server can ever know the difference between a crash or disconnection, and some neckbeard resetting his computer or modem.  It's not that big a deal...

I do know what a macro is as I am very proficient in VB, VBA,  C, C++ & C# as this is the industry I work in. a firewall block in network traffic does not simulate a network disconnection. it is deffinitely possible to interprate a kill process from server side and It is even easier to see a firewall block. the local game data logs that the program was terminated by a kill process and this can be sent back to the server upon reconnecting. Then you join and your character dies.

it is my hope that this is the way it is implemented. I do not doubt though that they will find a way arround this eventually. but this is why they are trying to have as much possible done server side to avoid these situations

Stopped rubberbanding until to "bullet run" out of some barracks. I only ran a short ways that way, then started running with the normal run for awhile and got sent back a little while after.

my take on the (0.30.114008) patch.
i don't know. i haven't been able to play for the past 4 days as every single server i connect to shows everyone with a ping of Zero (0), and i can not interact with the menu items. if i right click on an item it just shows "receiving" next to the cursor.
every server is the same thing. it shows a ping just fine on the server browser, but once  i connect, nothing.. i can run around and get places, but i can't access my weapons or items. it's like i connect to the server, the server knows i'm there as my buddies see me on the player list, and my character loads. it just sits there without moving to them, even though i can round around them. i can see my biddies around me, but they are stationary to me.. so something is really FUBAR and it would seem that my client can not communicate with the hive.. though it can read my character status and load all my items.
would be nice to get this sorted so i can get back to finding more bugs and exploits.

Edited by Dynamo
  • Like 1

my take on the (0.30.114008) patch.

i don't know. i haven't been able to play for the past 4 days as every single server i connect to shows everyone with a ping of Zero (0), and i can not interact with the menu items. if i right click on an item it just shows "receiving" next to the cursor.

every server is the same thing. it shows a ping just fine on the server browser, but once  i connect, nothing.. i can run around and get places, but i can't access my weapons or items. it's like i connect to the server, the server knows i'm there as my buddies see me on the player list, and my character loads. it just sits there without moving to them, even though i can round around them. i can see my biddies around me, but they are stationary to me.. so something is really FUBAR and it would seem that my client can not communicate with the hive.. though it can read my character status and load all my items.

would be nice to get this sorted so i can get back to finding more bugs and exploits.

I had this bug as well. It seems to be related to the character - I ended up dying and my next character could interact with things fine

There's too much silence on the twitter. Either a pretty bug update - or vacation/busy with other things.. like hiring personal maybe?

I hope so, can't deal with the silence it hurts my ears

well, when i spend 4 days trying every server i see listed on the server browser, i think i can safely assume that it's not server specific.

Same here, it seems to be server specific though so try a new server

Andromeda why did you buy the game, when everywhere it's said "DON'T BUY THE GAME YET!"?

If you aren't gonna be patient, just go play "finished" games like BF4 in the meantime.

Otherwise don't be an ass.

Psssshhhhh the DayZ alpha is more secure than Battlefield 4!  :P

• Like 1

I had this bug as well. It seems to be related to the character - I ended up dying and my next character could interact with things fine

Amazingly.

this problem is related to the amount of items that you carry.

I was with 2 bags (one inside the other) full of items and was sofrente with this problem.

I dropped the bags and I was just .... My problem disappeared
  • Like 1

That's interesting, will test but I've never carried 2 bags unless it was the 7 storage boxes that did it

That's interesting, will test but I've never carried 2 bags unless it was the 7 storage boxes that did it

yes try this but attention

I withdrew my bags caught my CHARACTERS then had to leave the server and could not come back. I had to restart the server for the other bags disappear.

and just so I could go back.

this is due to the fact many items spawn near the character. so it is important to note when it happens with several friends around you prune this influence also.

I do not know if the developers know of this problem but I would like someone to inform them because my english sucks

You caught your characters nice job, what did you use to catch them , a pokeball? Not making fun just making a joke.