Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

Major desync issue's still here - Cannot interact with any players / objects on any server

• Like 1

RB has been massively improved upon for me. It has happened once or twice since the latest update in about 20 hours play which I can live with. :)

Group of 5 of us on for hours last night on the one server, all sticking together, no RB from anyone. Good fix guys. :D

• Like 1

the amount of people with under 10 posts posting one/two word replies like "amazing" and "great job" etc feels a lot like the warZ forums XD. 

• Like 2

While the latest patched helped with rubber banding <a little>, I'm getting problems where the game freezes (you can't move or access the menu) now.  I also had one instance where DayZ forcefully crashed and gave a windows error - it looks like a memory leak as DayZ was still a running process using 2.7gb of RAM. 

My rubberbanding issues have been reduced by 90% I would say. Overall this build feels WAY more stable in every regard versus before but still needs to be improved upon obviously.

Running an old I5 quad 750 series, 8GB 1333mhz ram, Geforce 670GTX 2gb video card.

Edited by Tyockell18
  • Like 1

I no longer experience rubberbanding.

One issue I am frequently noticing happens randomly and seems to effect all players in the area. Typically, when running long distances, I will reach an area where my game seems to freeze. I can no longer move and have to kill the process. Upon rejoining a server, I am moved back to a position I had been in about 2-3 minutes prior. This issue makes traversing the map take an extremely long time currently.

this impossible to play at the time, characters frozen without possibility of open carry, pick up items ... etc..

okay that the game is in alpha, but we want at least the possibility of a decent game.

The worst of it is that we do not have an answer from the developers about this problem and when will be solved.

this impossible to play at the time, characters frozen without possibility of open carry, pick up items ... etc..

okay that the game is in alpha, but we want at least the possibility of a decent game.

The worst of it is that we do not have an answer from the developers about this problem and when will be solved.

Hey I understand your frustrations. Yesterday logged about 5 times till I got a server responding to my actions. But its alpha for a reason.

I'm into software development myself and believe me: not finished is not finished. Can't stretch that enough to my clients. Yep, you can click a button, it's there. But it doesn't work at the moment. And still I get complaints. 

Be patient and the reward will come, I'm sure!

Hey I understand your frustrations. Yesterday logged about 5 times till I got a server responding to my actions. But its alpha for a reason.

I'm into software development myself and believe me: not finished is not finished. Can't stretch that enough to my clients. Yep, you can click a button, it's there. But it doesn't work at the moment. And still I get complaints. 

Be patient and the reward will come, I'm sure!

I'm sure.

I just came to report even what was going on and worried about not having an official response.

I will never disqualify the competence of the developers, but support.

But think how frustrating it is you want to play a fantastic game and be hindered by this problem.
Edited by tiagoaccorsi
  • Like 1

Highlander007, on 09 Jan 2014 - 7:12 PM, said:snapback.png

Its powerful, only thing is many cheaters have prolly bought 2 or 3 copies already because of the low price for just in case they get caught. It's probably going to be a losing battle to rid the game of cheaters unless they jack up prices after alpha and bring in some sort of a skill progression system.

Not only Cheater bought more than one copy of the Game. I have 2 too. On my main Account for plaing with my group and on an second Account for playing lonewolf style, solo adventuring where i dont give a fuck, if i get killed and loose my Equipment. On main its bad, running out of groups logout position and getting killed by bandits, cause, dinding this location and loot back, is sometimes rly hard ^^

Giving more than one Character would be nice, with balanced restrictions of course.But because this istn so and the Devs have to be supported for this great work, its an good option in my eyes, when playing fair and not braking the rules ^^

Edited by AlucarD666
  • Like 1

that destroys the gameplay, because the sniper camper then would park the second or third character at the same position they get killed log new into the server maybe a few meters awasy from the old position they will whait until you come to loot the charakter and bumm you are dead, so how would this be helpful or cool ? :D it only would be a infestation like disaster where the campers are the most dangerous tread, so if you want this than do this but i cant say that i would be greatful with that :)

• Like 1

Yeah thats why i said with restricitons. And i mean some like both chars not on the same Server playable for this reasons you posted or split loot to both or something like this. They should be then complete indepently from each other. One Char per Server Restriction and problems like this cannot happen ^^

About this Topic we had in grp in ts some long and interesting discussions and many ideas, how to add this more chars option and how to balance it for fair gameplay ^^

Edited by AlucarD666

but i think your lovely one per server is not madeable and the most of the players wouldnt like it, my opinion, the game is like it is since first day of dayz mod, i did not think that we ever see something like that in the game. i think the most important thinks at the moment are, the zombies, they must be improved that they can walk up stairs and dont glitch trough walls, and we need more of them and they must respawn like the loot, when this is implemented it will be a different game, at the moment its like a cooler wasteland mod, but this is funny too i think ;)

Still no update on anything major, that's slightly disappointing I would think the devs eager to get their teeth into this thing after the holidays...

Edited by Mookzen
  • Like 4

how old are you mookzen ?

not really 26 or ? because if you where you would know how much work it is to do what the devs do, so be patient, wait and you will be happy one day ;)

Edited by armin87

So No Update Before the Weekend Then? oh is there still chance we could get one tonight? or are we going to be waiting till next week?

Edited by AxeCop

how old are you mookzen ?

not really 26 or ? because if you where you would know how much work it is to do what the devs do, so be patient, wait and you will be happy one day ;)

I might have mistyped my thoughts on the matter. I know they are working on the game but it would be nice to have more communication about recent and upcoming stuff, what to expect for the next patch and when they plan to have it ready.

and why ? if this would happen they will get tonns of emails with please make this first or this or this, so they do it right as they do, but i think every time they roll out an update here in the forum you can read first before it comes to steam, so you and all the others would appreciated more patches, but at the moment we only have to wait and play whats allready is playable.

@Mookzen - Exactly what armin87 said...I know that this is a game and that TONS of people are all waiting for updates, progress etc...but honestly, think about it from the standpoint that this is their job.

For the Devs to do what they do, it takes a lot of time, effort and concentration. Do you have any idea how frustrating it would be as a Developer to have to provide status updates and/or take time out of what you're doing to type up a communication to the fanbase every set amount of time?? I know it seems like a menial, simple and quick thing to do, but being in the same field, it really does take a lot away from what you're currently working on to have to give status reports or communications to others rather than working on the issue at hand.

Just my 2 cents...

• Like 1

Rubber-banding seems to be gone yes, but the huuuuge rollback + freeze is still there (you get it if you run long distances without stopping). 

• Like 1