Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

I do know what a macro is as I am very proficient in VB, VBA,  C, C++ & C# as this is the industry I work in. a firewall block in network traffic does not simulate a network disconnection. it is deffinitely possible to interprate a kill process from server side and It is even easier to see a firewall block. the local game data logs that the program was terminated by a kill process and this can be sent back to the server upon reconnecting. Then you join and your character dies.

it is my hope that this is the way it is implemented. I do not doubt though that they will find a way arround this eventually. but this is why they are trying to have as much possible done server side to avoid these situations

You could be vert proficient in the industry.. but you're ignoring the fact that a firewall isn't just a "software firewall on the same OS you're running the game".. it could be the router firewall, or even a dedicate hardware firewall. There's no way an app could intercept what's going on, on external hardware.

To not count the fact that a dumb kid could literally (physically) disconnect the cable and laugh at your software "interceptions".

..and about the process termination, there's more than one way to kill a process, sometime you need even doing it for legit reasons.. and you're suggesting to kill your characters anytime someone is forced to force-kill the game? Are you serious?

Again: there's no other way to have a "timer" working, if not to apply it to any circumstance. The timer should be ALWAYS there, for a traditional quit or for other "unexpected" (legit or not) situations, the character must remain in game at least 30 seconds after disconnection (or no data received). Before logging off you must find a safe spot, or risk to be shot.

I'm not sure why we're discussing this... we are not inventing anything, it works like this in any respectable MMO already, nor that we're reinventing the wheel.

Edited by WalkerDown
  • Like 4

Because it was fucking Christmas? And like everyone who has a job, they get Christmas break?

Here in Europe the break is till the 6th so they had all rights to not make updates, but they made two instead.

Why did you even bother answering ....

Server Browser is broken it only shows empty servers (only like 2-3 half pupulated servers) when steam says 27.000 players playing (all filters off)

You could be vert proficient in the industry.. but you're ignoring the fact that a firewall isn't just a "software firewall on the same OS you're running the game".. it could be the router firewall, or even a dedicate hardware firewall. There's no way an app could intercept what's going on, on external hardware.

To not count the fact that a dumb kid could literally (physically) disconnect the cable and laugh at your software "interceptions".

..and about the process termination, there's more than one way to kill a process, sometime you need even doing it for legit reasons.. and you're suggesting to kill your characters anytime someone is forced to force-kill the game? Are you serious?

Again: there's no other way to have a "timer" working, if not to apply it to any circumstance. The timer should be ALWAYS there, for a traditional quit or for other "unexpected" (legit or not) situations, the character must remain in game at least 30 seconds after disconnection (or no data received). Before logging off you must find a safe spot, or risk to be shot.

I'm not sure why we're discussing this... we are not inventing anything, it works like this in any respectable MMO already, nor that we're reinventing the wheel.

Beans +1

Amazingly.

this problem is related to the amount of items that you carry.

I was with 2 bags (one inside the other) full of items and was sofrente with this problem.

I dropped the bags and I was just .... My problem disappeared

thank you! I had this problem where I couldn't see anybody moving, equip my gun or right click any of my items. I dropped my ammo box that I was carrying and can do all these things again. My friends were blaming it on my crap internet connection...

• Like 1

I was running from Kabanino to Vybor and suddenly got teleported back without being able to move or do anything, Esc key menu wouldn't respond, had to Alt+F4. After logging back in, I'm back to Kabanino, and my character wasn't affected.

ffs, set this damn timer.

Edited by Ha1

i don't know. i haven't been able to play for the past 4 days as every single server i connect to shows everyone with a ping of Zero (0),

I've seen everyone with a ping of zero since I got the alpha a few weeks ago... I thought it was just normal and not something they implemented yet.

Hy together,

thanks for the patch the Game runs now perfectly no Problems with teleport or somthing.

A big compliment to the Team.

1 Problem the Experimental servers would have to be restarted the loot is quite xD and the Desync has also increased. 

sry for the bad English greetings from germany 

To me, as of now, the game is almost not playable.  This isn't a troll or complaining post, but with the rubberbanding of characters and them sliding in and out of walls/buildings to other players it's near impossible to play.  All of my encounters now turn into me guessing if the player I was shooting at was inside or outside the whole time due to the wall issues.

I need to take a break until the combat is less..... chaotic.

• Like 3

To me, as of now, the game is almost not playable.  This isn't a troll or complaining post, but with the rubberbanding of characters and them sliding in and out of walls/buildings to other players it's near impossible to play.  All of my encounters now turn into me guessing if the player I was shooting at was inside or outside the whole time due to the wall issues.

It happens to me too, the game is unplayable for me and my friends. In my group we see all of us teleporting and it's impossible to move without loosing someone or guessing who is who. :(

Rubberbanding is slightly fixed in the latest patch, but where they fixed rubberbanding; they have completely broken the server latency of almost every server.

For the past week, every server I have joined does not allow me to take out my guns, it doesn't allow me to open doors, jump, swap gear or do anything of use.

It takes a minimum of 10 minutes to register anything.

I'm not one to complain, but how exactly are we supposed to Alpha test with this?

And yes, yes, "Dude it's alpha", along with "SHUT THE FUCK UP WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING TALKING ABOUT ITS ALPHA READ STEAM!!!!!!!"; I know.

• Like 2

Rubberbanding is slightly fixed in the latest patch, but where they fixed rubberbanding; they have completely broken the server latency of almost every server.

For the past week, every server I have joined does not allow me to take out my guns, it doesn't allow me to open doors, jump, swap gear or do anything of use.

I'm not one to complain, but how exactly are we supposed to Alpha test with this?

And yes, yes, "Dude it's alpha", along with "SHUT THE FUCK UP WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING TALKING ABOUT ITS ALPHA READ STEAM!!!!!!!"; I know.

They are not doing it on purpose, they are not doing it to bother you.

If it was an easy fix, it would have been fixed already.

Things take time.

• Like 4

The servers aren't broken for everyone. I had the same exact problem that everyone else has been having, but turns out it was my connection and my buddy had the server problems but they went away after one time of playing.

Also rubberbanding isn't fixed either. Me and my friend that I always play DayZ with both have never had the rubberbanding issue until last night and we had it four times at the exact same time. So it seems to me that the game is at different levels of playable for everyone. Atleast they are quickly fixing these problems unlike a lot of companies.

I hope you get your server latency issues fixed, there might be some temp fixes you can go from your end. 

the problem isn't lag. i got no rubber banding, no red or yellow chain. simply, my client isn't communicating with the hive. a friend can be connected with me on the same server and see that i have a normal ping, so lag to the server isn't there.

would be nice to have a dev chime in here and give an explanation as to what is causing this and how to fix it.

We'll some servers I join it lags some it doesn't sorry I couldn't help dynamo

My Friend has the same problem. He can only play on Experimental Servers. I hope they fix it soon.

Edited by Tractile

It seems like after they got all these sales the developers decided to slack off.. What ever happened to hiring new people. BTW it seems very unprofessional for rocket to take another 3 weeks+ off. I guess this is why you shouldn't hire a modder to lead your game project.  

On another note why does it seem like most of what they claim is fixed isn't really fixed (zombie animals, respawn button, inventory delay, magnum spawns (too common), rubberbanding, player spawns). Sure it's an Alpha but does anyone confirm it's fixed before pushing the update? Seems like someone is just blindly pushing out updates.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 5

My experience so far is inconsistent if anything, but unfortunately right now it’s normally worse than better. Most times I can’t even connect to the hive can’t pull my gun and nothing responds, check my ping and network stats via in game menu and it’s all zero’s. I then will close out DayZ and Steam completely log back in and same thing. 20 million + dollars later it would nice to just get server optimization figured out.

Edited by Morbidraven
  • Like 1

Just had a new event happen to me a little while ago.  I was fully military geared and heading into Electro to meet up with my group when I had the dreaded red chain.  Tried logging in and out several times to no avail but figured I was safe because I was hidden in a tree outside of town.  I give up for a little bit then later try again and I get logged in finally!  Then I go into my inventory and it shows all my gear on me and on the ground and I'm magically bleeding now so I know this means when I log out I will be  a fresh character.  So yea fresh guy so I run back to attempt to get my stuff and what do I find when I get there?!?!  My old fully geared guy is standing there still and I'm looking at him on my fresh spawn.  So I try and knock myself out but don't have any luck so I log out again hoping it puts me back on my old guy.  Log back in and I'm a FRESH spawn AGAIN!  Take notes devs this is info for your bug fixing with this latest patch.  Has this happened to anyone else ever?

It seems like after they got all these sales the developers decided to slack off.. What ever happened to hiring new people. BTW it seems very unprofessional for rocket to take another 3 weeks+ off. I guess this is why you shouldn't hire a modder to lead your game project.  

On another note why does it seem like most of what they claim is fixed isn't really fixed (zombie animals, respawn button, inventory delay, magnum spawns (too common), rubberbanding, player spawns). Sure it's an Alpha but does anyone confirm it's fixed before pushing the update? Seems like someone is just blindly pushing out updates.

How are these "just hire new people, duh" posts getting beans?

A business, especially one that is a creative business, doesn't just hire "plug and play" employees. You don't do that. It just doesn't happen like a lot of you are assuming.

As a side note, I haven't seen anywhere that the devs have stated that they've fixed the things that you mentioned.

• Like 7

So today rubberbanding has been really bad, on top of that, after being teleported I can't do anything, can't move, open gear or even open the game menu to disconnect, instead my character kept spinning the direction I was moving the mouse the moment I got teleported. Had to shut the game down via task manager. Is this a know issue?