Sign in to follow this  
wild_man

sanity punish for KOS?

You sir are so uninformed why don't you mow yourself down and do us a favor and save the server space by not having one more unnecessary post. The honor system in the mod was one of the best (and most popular) systems implemented in DayZ. I cannot wait until they add it to SA so I can have an idea of what that person is like, and so I can plan accordingly on how to deal with them.

If they wanted it.. Then it would be in already wouldnt it?

Not sure but belive i read somewhere that there is no intentions of introducing a PK punish.

I cant think of a sandbox pvp game that i have ever played that didn't have some kind of penalty for being a PK or player killer.  From turning them red to not allowing them into towns.  There should be some kind of penalty for being a player killer other wise you just have people running around being ass's just because they can be, which you know people will be and the majority of the time that people complain about having some kind of penalty its the people that are being the ass hats and spawn camping and such that dont want it.

Just saying if you want a game that everyone would be interested in playing there needs to be some kind of pk penality other wise you have new people loading in and dieing instantly and that does not make the game money if they have no new customers.

Well the ones that bought it and got scared payed

Honor system? Really? Real world survival isn't about hugs and snuggles. I should be able to determine a threat from a distance and kill him without getting some kind of "kill indicator". If I need a piece of gear and someone else has it, I'll take it. Survival of the fittest my friend. If you let somebody get the drop on you, your survival tactics need improving and a death is warranted.

You can whine and cry all you want, this is a sandbox game with no objectives. You play however you deem fit. FORCING other players to adhere to being "good guys" is complete bullshit. Go play My Little Pony if you can't handle the game. If a real world apocalypse were to happen, people wouldn't band together like they do in the movies. They would be scared and shoot anyone they determine to be a threat to their life.

I AM NOT ADVOCATING KILLING NEWBIES. There are KOS-ers that just murder anybody they see. While they have the right to sport killing, I choose not to. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they should alter the functionality of the game to appease you. People have the right to make their own decisions in this game without being labeled. When you come across a bandit in real life, does he have a marker above his head? NO! That is the point of survival, make contact with that person and determine for yourself. If you saw a bandit in-game that was marked as such, you would KOS in an instant without talking to him. Now you're the KOS-er.

The whole system is stupid and has no place in this game. Go cry elsewhere.

Agree completly

I killed myself just to experience this hype about qq babies on beach kill all. Actually killed myself alot. Sure about half the time i got beaten to death by NEWSPAWNS!

Only once i got shot. That was running past electro. One dude chased me down with a magnum (wasted alot of shots aswell hahahah). Other then that i spent time connecting with people. And tbh i got way surprised. Getting off the beach spawn area people actually was nice. Shared gear they didnt need and was generaly pleasant.

So this entire KoS is mostly BULLSHIT IMO. Get killed for being careless, own fault.. And i stick by my previous opinion. The people causing most of this isnt the vet bandits killing people left and right. Sure they are a part. But the worst is freshspawns.

Meet one phreshie. He was nice at first. Parted ways. He found a gun and shot everyone. Barely made it out of that one. So newcomers, they need some guidance

Who are you guys to say whats right or wrong, who are you to say how someone must feel when they kill someone. If i kill my neighbor, and i cry about it for 10 years, that dosent mean everyone does.

Every single human is diffrent than other, so why would we have a sistem that makes all the same ? RETARDED

Well in the case of my post, how you may feel comes from a wide group of people that have killed. I think they would be the best to tell us what it may do to you.

First of all I'm not against KoS. Also I'm not a supporter of i.

Why im not against kos.

-it's a way of survival, just like banditry.

Why im not a supporter.

- wont give a real feel to the survival aspect*

Should it be bannend? No! Im new to the game and never have killed on sight.

Would i kos? Yes. Only when someone shot at me, missed and came to close to the place im hidding

should there be penalties on kos? No. Because its a survival tactic.

*I've seen people posting that in a real apocalypse will kos. And yes this could be true but for humans to survive an apocalyptic world, killing everyone you see is a stupid idea. You need people to help you survive. Medics for broken legs or sickness. Everyone could be usefull to you.

Ain't killing without a proper reason cruel? Isn't cruelty what's the game about?

By "cruel", Rocket suggests that the game does not forgive your mistakes and punishes you harshly for your wrong decisions. He didn't mean "Players should each other on sight". Seems like you got it wrong.

Game does not expects players to be cruel, it's just a choice. Currently it's a choice with no consequences and I belive every choice in this game should have consequences so we can carry the responsibility of it. In a real zombie apocalypse where humans are about to extinct, you'd think twice before killing someone. Even if you're a bad guy with no feelings whatsoever, you're a human and this is something unintentional. You'd avoid killing people for no reason unless you have lost your sanity.

Sanity system could make player think twice before killing and carry the consequences after he did. That doesn't mean it should be a punishment. When you lose sanity each time you kill a player, the game just adopts your gameplay style. Maybe you'd need morphine, smoke, alcohol or even drugs to keep your sanity. You may try to trade or ask people to get those but when you ask for drugs, people will think you might be a killer and probably avoid you. Then maybe you should kill more. OR you may also stay away from other people and keep yourself healthy for a while to get your sanity back.

A game which everyone kills everyone just for fun is called deathmatch. Since wannabe bandits force other players to play like that, DayZ turns into a deathmatch. I see a great potential on sanity system which can prevent KoS and add more immersion to the game.

cheers.

Ignore KoS ... but not for the reason you think.

He is a soft, stupid traitor to his own cause, prancing around all e-macho ... and feeding the very "care bears" he rants and wails against all the while he is doing it.

Both sides of the non-debate are as prone to wearing their own arses as hats as the other.  It is a modern affliction ... Ones and Tens in scoring votes ... fanboys and haters ... crosses and crescents ... in extremis over reason.

However, it is heartening to see a growth in reasoned voices between the fundamentalists.  There is hope, it is just making less noise.

Edited by RN_Max

By "cruel", Rocket suggests that the game does not forgive your mistakes and punishes you harshly for your wrong decisions. He didn't mean "Players should each other on sight". Seems like you got it wrong.

No, that's not what he meant. He definitely wants some players to kill each other, on sight or otherwise. If you're curious, you can read this article where he discusses the importance of sadistic killers and how they add tension and excitement to the game and improve the experience. With a simple Google search of his name and words like "banditry" and "murder" you can find many more quotes and articles where he expresses that DayZ works best when a variety of game-play styles are present at the same time, including both extreme ends of the violence-against-players spectrum.

Game does not expects players to be cruel, it's just a choice.

Correct. And if Dean did not want some players to make both kinds of choices, then it wouldn't be a choice in the first place. The whole point to having a choice in the game is to see what happens when some people make one decision and others make another. If Dean wanted everyone to choose peacefulness and nobody to choose violence, why would he even make it an option? He would just turn off PvP and make a PvE survival horror title.

He obviously wants to see what happens when some people choose to play peacefully and others choose to play sadistically and cruelly. 

He says it right in the article I linked for you: "What I wanted was a game where people who play it in one way and people who play it in another are playing the same game at the same time..."

Currently it's a choice with no consequences

Utter garbage. Choosing to engage in violent conflict constantly has huge consequences for long-term survival. Bandits die way more often than peaceful players who stay out of trouble. It has always been this way, and was confirmed multiple times during the mod days by the team who looked at the metrics and statistics for player deaths. 

Sanity system could make player think twice before killing and carry the consequences after he did. That doesn't mean it should be a punishment.

Negative consequences for an action is, by definition, a punishment.

And it's not going to happen.

A game which everyone kills everyone just for fun is called deathmatch. Since wannabe bandits force other players to play like that, DayZ turns into a deathmatch.

Except it's not. Look around. There are tons and tons of people who don't play like this.

I see a great potential on sanity system which can prevent KoS and add more immersion to the game.

Nobody's going to "prevent" KoS for you, sorry. If you want to do that you're going to have to find a way to do it yourself.

Dean will give people more options for things to do and more challenges to overcome, but he's never going to stop people who want to shoot you in the face from doing so, so best get used to the idea now.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

First of all I gotta say Dean or no other dev is absolutely right about any subject. They MIGHT be wrong about some of their developement decisions. All of their developement decisions are open for discussion, that's why we have a forum like this. Anyway it's not related to the topic below but It's worth to mention since some forumers be like "Dean wants it this way so it's gonna be this way and it's better".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, that's not what he meant. He definitely wants some players to kill each other, on sight or otherwise. If you're curious, you can read where he discusses the importance of sadistic killers and how they add tension and excitement to the game and improve the experience. With a simple Google search of his name and words like "banditry" and "murder" you can find many more quotes and articles where he expresses that DayZ works best when a variety of game-play styles are present at the same time, including both extreme ends of the violence-against-players spectrum.

Correct. And if Dean did not want some players to make both kinds of choices, then it wouldn't be a choice in the first place. The whole point to having a choice in the game is to see what happens when some people make one decision and others make another. If Dean wanted everyone to choose peacefulness and nobody to choose violence, why would he even make it an option? He would just turn off PvP and make a PvE survival horror title.

He obviously wants to see what happens when some people choose to play peacefully and others choose to play sadistically and cruelly. 

He says it right in the article I linked for you: What I wanted was a game where people who play it in one way and people who play it in another are playing the same game at the same time..."

I totally agree there should be every kind of players including psycopaths. But obviously you didn't understand my argument. I'm totally against to restrict players for their choices. That's why I suggest giving a REASON to kill to player killers. Also right now, the game gives me no choice but killing other players since everyone KoS. Do you really think there are variety of playstyles right now? It's funny how you present Dean's opinion of playstyle diversity while obviously everyone KoS right now.

Utter garbage. Choosing to engage in violent conflict constantly has huge consequences for long-term survival. Bandits die way more often than peaceful players who stay out of trouble. It has always been this way, and was confirmed multiple times during the mod days by the team who looked at the metrics and statistics for player deaths. 

Still you're missing my point. Choosing to engage a VIOLENT CONFLICT is of course dangerious, choosing to engage an unarmed player is NOT. Also your argument about how bandits die more because they kill people is actually hilarious. lol? Isn't that, I don't know, HOW IT SHOULD BE? That's why players avoid interacting with other players. They either have to go bandit and be killed on sight or avoid everyone they see.

Negative consequences for an action is, by definition, a punishment.

Simply no. Considering you will find drugs, morphine, cigs etc. on other bandits, game now suggest you to kill other bandits instead of peaceful players who don't KoS. Of course you can kill anyone you want but now you have to think twice like "Am I ready to kill more? Can I find more alcohol in this building? MAybe I should interract with people to ask some cigarettes" It opens up a variety of choices and things to do rather than camping in woods to kill newspawners. I don't consider that as a negative consequence, it's more like another way to play.

And it's not going to happen.

I don't even want to answer this.

Except it's not. Look around. There are tons and tons of people who don't play like this.

No. There aren't. Because there are no zombies in the game yet. People only seek weapons to kill more people. Simple as that.

Nobody's going to "prevent" KoS for you, sorry. If you want to do that you're going to have to find a way to do it yourself.
Dean will give people more options for things to do and more challenges to overcome, but he's never going to stop people who want to shoot you in the face from doing so, so best get used to the idea now.

My idea does not stop you from shooting anyone, believe me I also wanna shoot you in the face. Additionally I personally play on way north and never get killed... Geez... why every goddamn kid on this forum is like "YOU WHINE CUZ YOU GOT SHOT LOLOLOLOL I OWN" can't you just bring more solid arguments?

Edited by atmaca

Everyone thinks their playstyle trumps all others.  People think its a good idea to penalize a KOS player?  Whats next? 

Thats like me saying, "Oh you are so friendly in the game you cannot even pick up a gun".

Well in the case of my post, how you may feel comes from a wide group of people that have killed. I think they would be the best to tell us what it may do to you.

The MAY is there for a reason isnt it... And since computor games cant read minds you cannot know how someone would feel...You can make youre best assumption of how someone would feel, but you never can be 100% and because i belive not many people playing this game ever killed anyone in real life, you cant know how they would feel if they would...

Everyone thinks their playstyle trumps all others.  People think its a good idea to penalize a KOS player?  Whats next? 

Thats like me saying, "Oh you are so friendly in the game you cannot even pick up a gun".

How about I say I don't wanna drink water, that's my playstyle. And come bitch about how dehydration ruins my gameplay style and game should not penaltize for people who wants to play that way. Would that be reasonable for you? Sanity loss is as natural and realistic as water need. "No PVP or KICK" servers are unrealistic, sanity loss isn't.

The MAY is there for a reason isnt it... And since computor games cant read minds you cannot know how someone would feel...You can make youre best assumption of how someone would feel, but you never can be 100% and because i belive not many people playing this game ever killed anyone in real life, you cant know how they would feel if they would...

and my post was not a reason for any KOS system (i hardly part of the topic here, just ref-ed and corrected OP), it was to clear up the false facts in the OPs post

also 'MAY'; when you get a cut, you may get infected, some may not,but game uses averages. System in the game are based on 'may' and averages. Base on research (i left this out of last post and and put the may in italics, just to see what would be posted)

OP talked BS to try and shoot down anti KOSers, and i don't care if people kos or not. but Ops point was inaccurate. that's what my posts relate too.

I feel like people are relay trying hard to find fault with me and not understanding my post and its relations. Not going to get into a silly fight.

Hmmmmmm... after reading this i think i dont want a sanity meter thingy added in, i just wish SOME people would be more friendly, lets go to realism because everyone loves that you have a rifle and i clearly have nothing on me, in dayz i have had this situation and i have been shot 8 of 10 times or whatever. I dont believe that 80% of humans are psychotic murderers that do it for the thrill, i would say even in a zombie apocalypes it would be at most 60%, i think it is just some people feeling they have a position of power and not knowing what to do so they just shoot. 

• Like 1

But this topic is in relationship to 'sanity punish for KOS?'   . which would be a punishment to simulate the effects of killing in RL, within the game, and OP said they did some research and found the opposite.

So the report i found is very reverent to this post.

And see such wording as 'your character having more sanity because he enjoy success and is a winner"   referring to the in game simulated character and not the player.

Sorry that what i posted invalidate what OP stated as fact, but i sure i am right in what i posted.

i feel you are try to defend a thread and your post in any way you can, instead of saying 'you have a point there'.

I honestly don't know on what I can say that they have a point, because they just haven't. They keep saying the same thing, even though it's already clear that they're wrong.

Edit: 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't your report about real life soldiers. Killing in real life is way different than killing in dayz. So yes, I was right. You were posting bullshit.

Edited by LeftCrusade

I am sick to read about sanity punish system for murder and bandit guys coming always from QQ kids who losing pvp every time > :(

i doing research on this and in fact is OPPOSITE THING TRUE

so when you kill a guy give reward like mental strength boost :thumbsup:  :D

your character having more sanity because he enjoy success and is a winner

this feeling reinforce confidence and also self believe receive MASSIVE BOOST

every one realise in real life is loser who feeling depress and paranoiac NOT GUYS WHO ENJOY SUCCESS :huh:

winners enjoy chemical release and hormone boost connect with feel good endorphine and testosterone producing HORMONES

this is science fact from many study on athlete and sport star who enjoy success over opponent also business guys who make profit vs guys who FAIL IN LIFE :D

loser feel like shit depress and reduce testosterone lower confidence and insecure emotion because he was dominate by other guy :(

I dont want to see NO reward or punish system in game  > :(

I only make point that punish for kill on sight is dumb idea :huh:

That is some of the most pitiful grammar I have ever seen.

That said, I do not think there should be any kind of reward or punishment for anything. 

Don't add psychology to the game. Each person is different - not hard coded to some pointers. 

Sigmund Freud
Edited by sYs

I honestly don't know on what I can say that they have a point, because they just haven't. They keep saying the same thing, even though it's already clear that they're wrong.

Edit: 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't your report about real life soldiers. Killing in real life is way different than killing in dayz. So yes, I was right. You were posting bullshit.

and this topic was about 'sanity' as a punishment for KOSing. the effect of simulating RL effects in a game, by adding a simulated sanity system... 

i don't think you understand. Poor you :P

I am feeling you are trolling. if not, stop tying, and just learn, even i learn to change my views when i am wrong

Edited by Sooden

You sir are so uninformed why don't you mow yourself down and do us a favor and save the server space by not having one more unnecessary post. The honor system in the mod was one of the best (and most popular) systems implemented in DayZ. I cannot wait until they add it to SA so I can have an idea of what that person is like, and so I can plan accordingly on how to deal with them.

the humanity system was "kinda bullshit".

i dont know how to got those information, but many people hated it, it was glitched and no one liked it. including you and me.

Don't add psychology to the game. Each person is different - not hard coded to some pointers. 

Sigmund Freud

i agree, i didn't when i first started Dayz, i was all hate to KOS :P Just hope people understand OP tried a counter argument on psychology (which they didn't want implemented, was just an example), but their facts where wrong, an all i did was point that out lol.. and hate i was given

i agree, i didn't when i first started Dayz, i was all hate to KOS :P Just hope people understand OP tried a counter argument on psychology (which they didn't want implemented, was just an example), but their facts where wrong, an all i did was point that out lol.. and hate i was given

don't worry nothing ;)

OP was irony post to show both side is stupid

all punish/reward system base on play style don't belong in this game is point I making

you getting 0% hate from me :)

also to explain you something, some guys like psychopath do get ego boost after they doing kill

is reinforce delusion about power they have and brains for don't get caught

so some guys will suffer shock have nightmare when they do murder kill :o

some guys will feel great receive boost and renew energy and sense of domination after kill B)

is depend on person who doing and situation where is happen

character is not person is avatar

player is person and some player feel bad after doing murder kill and some player feel good :P

this is true reward/punish system in action

• Like 1

and my post was not a reason for any KOS system (i hardly part of the topic here, just ref-ed and corrected OP), it was to clear up the false facts in the OPs post

also 'MAY'; when you get a cut, you may get infected, some may not,but game uses averages. System in the game are based on 'may' and averages. Base on research (i left this out of last post and and put the may in italics, just to see what would be posted)

OP talked BS to try and shoot down anti KOSers, and i don't care if people kos or not. but Ops point was inaccurate. that's what my posts relate too.

I feel like people are relay trying hard to find fault with me and not understanding my post and its relations. Not going to get into a silly fight.

You used wrong example of MAY tho... In your example you may get infected or not, clear yes or no, only 2 options, you cant say only a little bit inffected... With sanity you cant say that, you cant go to a man who just killed someone and say to him do you feel sorry or not,...

Anyway... day z is a game in wich you ahve infinite chances to do it diffrent than last one, so why would there be sanity like in RL where you only have one, like someone shot your mother and you would be like oh ok, no worries she will just pop up somewhere again, ill find her...

Why do people complain about KOS i dont know, i have been killed like 3 times as newspawn, if you dont like to have interraction with other people just go to low pop server and play there, if you do then expect anything...

BTW i have no idea why my text is on white background

Edited by Just4yoke

You used wrong example of MAY tho... In your example you may get infected or not, clear yes or no, only 2 options, you cant say only a little bit inffected... With sanity you cant say that, you cant go to a man who just killed someone and say to him do you feel sorry or not,...

Anyway... day z is a game in wich you ahve infinite chances to do it diffrent than last one, so why would there be sanity like in RL where you only have one, like someone shot your mother and you would be like oh ok, no worries she will just pop up somewhere again, ill find her...

Why do people complain about KOS i dont know, i have been killed like 3 times as newspawn, if you dont like to have interraction with other people just go to low pop server and play there, if you do then expect anything...

your not getting it so, yup, you win... i must be wrong. We can end this part, well done. let other read and see what they think now (just hurt to much)

added: the white, yeah had that problem too, in other post

Edited by Sooden

Only if you enjoy killing. People who go "Who boy, another kill! I'm so awesome at murder!" are in a minority.

and this topic was about 'sanity' as a punishment for KOSing. the effect of simulating RL effects in a game, by adding a simulated sanity system... 

i don't think you understand. Poor you :P

I am feeling you are trolling. if not, stop tying, and just learn, even i learn to change my views when i am wrong

Having a discussion in the DayZ forum, impossible.

Ofcourse I know what's the topic's about.

Let's say you have this sanity system. How will it work? A bandit suit? I hope you thought of something better.

How in god's name would you want to make a simulated sanity system, please tell me.

Your charactar would go insane, do you have to bandage yourself 24/7 because your character is cutting himself cuz he is depressed? Do you want your character crying all the time?

A simulated sanity system. Couldn't think of a worse idea.

The sanity punish isn't for KOS, its for having to read these awful ideas over and over and over. 

• Like 2

we're already a bunch of fucktards for reading this forum as much as we do...no need to have game mechanics to reinforce insanity.

• Like 1