Sign in to follow this  
wild_man

sanity punish for KOS?

I used to be on the side of the 'No, we don't need anything like this' in this argument. But then I started seeing sites like this pop up everywhere.

11803176343_6fd54493ce_o.png

See this guy is such a leet PvPer. Until, that is, you look a bit closer. That 4,492 kills looks impressive, but then you see that 4,232 of them were players who couldn't fight back. So I'm subtracting them off the total. That leaves only 260 ligitimate kills. Now, 260/937 kills/Death. Not so leet now Mr Hardman PvPer. Yet he is ranked as a f'ing General. No mention of accuracy, though, and no sign of intelligence IMHO.

The whol leaderboard (their description, not mine) is full of similarly leet PvP hardmen.

Now, I'm not saying that all PvPers are the same as this guy. I know many ligitimate PvPers who know how to evaluate a target, and can take out all threats but still have the way with all to allow those that don't pose an immediate risk enough time to remove themselves from the area, most times without knowing they were squarely in the crosshairs. I enjoy being killed by someone like this. The bullet, in these cases is only the punctuation at the END of the story. For the the guy above, the bullet IS the story.

That would be sad, if it wasn't pathetic.

You're a fucking idiot (Has to be said).

That website is fake, and has fake statistics.

It says it ON the website itself.

Once again, you're a fucking idiot.

• Like 1

You sir are so uninformed why don't you mow yourself down and do us a favor and save the server space by not having one more unnecessary post. The honor system in the mod was one of the best (and most popular) systems implemented in DayZ. I cannot wait until they add it to SA so I can have an idea of what that person is like, and so I can plan accordingly on how to deal with them.

So you want to be able to know if somebody is a murderer, or a dangerous individual just by looking at them? Are you on board with realism? I don't think it works that way in the real world. If you aren't pro-realism then this argument makes more sense. 

I enjoy the fact that I can never relax. I don't believe you should ever be comfortable in the zombie apocalypse.

I'd be a little upset if the game deterred people from being killers, or even worse punishing someone for removing a suspicious threat without actually being a bandit.

The psychos make every town and field a gamble.

Now we just need more zombies.

• Like 2

Ok I'm not gonna mention how you totally miss my argument and be like

OMG HE JUST SAID K/D RATIO GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY OMGFSDA!!!1!!

.... ok, now to the point: Game is designed to be cruel, not a deathmach. Killing other players for benefits =/= Deathmatching. They are two different things, you may kill other player for reasonable causes, I'm totally OK with that. But if you kill for no reason and without getting any benefit from it (including safety, supplies etc.), then you're immature and dumb enough to ruin the game you bought on the developement phase. You can't suggest me substitive game since there's no game that can grant same experience, but you can go play ArmA III if you wanna do more deathmatch. Also you did the same mistake as the guy above did. Read this:

what is wrong with these people?

Ain't killing without a proper reason cruel? Isn't cruelty what's the game about?

This game need thing like is KoS. And system against that is here .. if u KoS somebody his items be ruined. So just deal with it. KoS need to be here. 

Make a golden trophy pop up on your screen when you kill someone, it could even say underneath the thing: You're winner!

• Like 2

I am sick to read about sanity punish system for murder and bandit guys coming always from QQ kids who losing pvp every time > :(

i doing research on this and in fact is OPPOSITE THING TRUE

so when you kill a guy give reward like mental strength boost :thumbsup:  :D

your character having more sanity because he enjoy success and is a winner

this feeling reinforce confidence and also self believe receive MASSIVE BOOST

every one realise in real life is loser who feeling depress and paranoiac NOT GUYS WHO ENJOY SUCCESS :huh:

winners enjoy chemical release and hormone boost connect with feel good endorphine and testosterone producing HORMONES

this is science fact from many study on athlete and sport star who enjoy success over opponent also business guys who make profit vs guys who FAIL IN LIFE :D

loser feel like shit depress and reduce testosterone lower confidence and insecure emotion because he was dominate by other guy :(

I dont want to see NO reward or punish system in game  > :(

I only make point that punish for kill on sight is dumb idea :huh:

above is what you feel playing the game. did some relay fast research my self on effects of killing. Cant say i fully understand the document, but i don't see the 'winner' feeling in this report

"This study examined the mental health impact of reported direct and indirect killing among 2,797 U.S. soldiers

returning from Operation Iraqi Freedom. Data were collected as part of a postdeployment screening program at
a large Army medical facility. Overall, 40% of soldiers reported killing or being responsible for killing during
their deployment. Even after controlling for combat exposure, killing was a significant predictor of posttraumatic
disorder (PTSD) symptoms, alcohol abuse, anger, and relationship problems. Military personnel returning from
modern deployments are at risk of adverse mental health conditions and related psychosocial functioning related to
killing in war.Mental health assessment and treatment should address reactions to killing to optimize readjustment
following deployment."

ref: Journal of Traumatic Stress, Vol. 23, No. 1, February 2010, pp. 86–90 (C 2010)

added: this reply is not a post in favour of punishment, just needed to clear somethings up

Edited by Sooden
  • Like 1

Hey buddy, I hope you see this. I waved to you and said in my mic hello how are you. after a long day of work I just wanted to say hello. you had your 45 pointed at me from 15 feet away, told me I have five seconds to get down, I ran with only my axe, and some beans, I circled you, killed you with my axe, you shot me once, I lived, and now I am running around living to tell about it with all your gear,  I have all gear, mosin, 45, bullets, huge backpack, food, and water... lesson learned kiddie... bye.

Edited by Hurricane43

Honor system? Really? Real world survival isn't about hugs and snuggles. I should be able to determine a threat from a distance and kill him without getting some kind of "kill indicator". If I need a piece of gear and someone else has it, I'll take it. Survival of the fittest my friend. If you let somebody get the drop on you, your survival tactics need improving and a death is warranted.

You can whine and cry all you want, this is a sandbox game with no objectives. You play however you deem fit. FORCING other players to adhere to being "good guys" is complete bullshit. Go play My Little Pony if you can't handle the game. If a real world apocalypse were to happen, people wouldn't band together like they do in the movies. They would be scared and shoot anyone they determine to be a threat to their life.

I AM NOT ADVOCATING KILLING NEWBIES. There are KOS-ers that just murder anybody they see. While they have the right to sport killing, I choose not to. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they should alter the functionality of the game to appease you. People have the right to make their own decisions in this game without being labeled. When you come across a bandit in real life, does he have a marker above his head? NO! That is the point of survival, make contact with that person and determine for yourself. If you saw a bandit in-game that was marked as such, you would KOS in an instant without talking to him. Now you're the KOS-er.

The whole system is stupid and has no place in this game. Go cry elsewhere.

This^

You better believe in an apocalypse real world or not. People may have a close group of friends or family they are with and trust, but outside of that the question you have to ask yourself is

"Will I put MY LIFE in your hands?"

"Can you trust someone that much?"

The answers is clear NO, my life is my life it's in my hands, if I have a way to avoid a potentially harmful situation by acting first, I WILL act.

That's not being an asshole it's called human nature. Don't get me wrong if I can avoid killing you for no reason I will, but your backpack may contain 25 reasons I should have shot you.

I am sick to read about sanity punish system for murder and bandit guys coming always from QQ kids who losing pvp every time > :(

i doing research on this and in fact is OPPOSITE THING TRUE

so when you kill a guy give reward like mental strength boost :thumbsup:  :D

your character having more sanity because he enjoy success and is a winner

this feeling reinforce confidence and also self believe receive MASSIVE BOOST

every one realise in real life is loser who feeling depress and paranoiac NOT GUYS WHO ENJOY SUCCESS :huh:

winners enjoy chemical release and hormone boost connect with feel good endorphine and testosterone producing HORMONES

this is science fact from many study on athlete and sport star who enjoy success over opponent also business guys who make profit vs guys who FAIL IN LIFE :D

loser feel like shit depress and reduce testosterone lower confidence and insecure emotion because he was dominate by other guy :(

I dont want to see NO reward or punish system in game  > :(

I only make point that punish for kill on sight is dumb idea :huh:

I am sick of people complaining about people complaining 

• Like 1

I cant think of a sandbox pvp game that i have ever played that didn't have some kind of penalty for being a PK or player killer.  From turning them red to not allowing them into towns.  There should be some kind of penalty for being a player killer other wise you just have people running around being ass's just because they can be, which you know people will be and the majority of the time that people complain about having some kind of penalty its the people that are being the ass hats and spawn camping and such that dont want it.

Just saying if you want a game that everyone would be interested in playing there needs to be some kind of pk penality other wise you have new people loading in and dieing instantly and that does not make the game money if they have no new customers.

that is what ive been saying all along..

there simply is no way around NOT having coded mechanics or zones that specify game play. if you leave it to the players u end up with the lowest form of gameplay by the lowest form of players..

greivers ruin every game that allows them to ruin..

there is a reason why every game with PVE/PVP mixed together has rules/coding... because it HAS to ...

Edited by Siberian

It's a sandbox game.

If I want to play a sociopathic killer who cleans his gun with the tears of his victims and dines on their flesh, I can do it.

If I want to play a giant carebear prancing around giving everyone hugs and flowers, so be it.

I shouldn't be punished for playing how I want, in the apocalypse if I kill a number of people I don't suddenly decide to dress differently.

I can't look at someone and go, yeah they totally enjoy kicking puppies and babies or know that they love long walks on the beach and deep tissue rubs.

Stop spouting shit in the name of realism that is unrealistic as hell please.

there simply is no way around NOt having coded mechanics or zones that specify game play.

Yes, there is a way around it. You don't do that.

greivers ruin every game that allows them to ruin..

If your definition of "greiver" is "someone who doesn't play the game like I do," and your definition of "ruin" is "requires me to do something I wasn't planning on doing" then, okay. 

But, that's not what either of those words mean (actually one of them isn't even a word).

there is a reason why every game with PVE/PVP mixed together has rules/coding... because it HAS to ...

No, it's because most developers were too lazy to figure out a better system and were afraid to scare away pantie-waist consumers and their cold, hard cash.

Dean, by all accounts, has a set of balls so he's not going to do what "every game" does.

You're a fucking idiot (Has to be said).

That website is fake, and has fake statistics.

It says it ON the website itself.

Once again, you're a fucking idiot.

LOL what site is that?

above is what you feel playing the game. did some relay fast research my self on effects of killing. Cant say i fully understand the document, but i don't see the 'winner' feeling in this report

"This study examined the mental health impact of reported direct and indirect killing among 2,797 U.S. soldiers

returning from Operation Iraqi Freedom. Data were collected as part of a postdeployment screening program at
a large Army medical facility. Overall, 40% of soldiers reported killing or being responsible for killing during
their deployment. Even after controlling for combat exposure, killing was a significant predictor of posttraumatic
disorder (PTSD) symptoms, alcohol abuse, anger, and relationship problems. Military personnel returning from
modern deployments are at risk of adverse mental health conditions and related psychosocial functioning related to
killing in war.Mental health assessment and treatment should address reactions to killing to optimize readjustment
following deployment."

ref: Journal of Traumatic Stress, Vol. 23, No. 1, February 2010, pp. 86–90 (C 2010)

added: this reply is not a post in favour of punishment, just needed to clear somethings up

You found a report about killing. But, this is a videogame. And the report is about real life killing.

The winner feeling isn't about endorphine. It's about dopamine. When you accomplish something, you get dopamine. The more you wanted to accomplish your goal the more dopamine you get. When you accomplished killing someone in a video game where it's pretty hard to kill (not like bf), most people feel like they accomplished at killing their opponent, and the dopamine is released in their brains. Which gives them the winner feel.

"your character having more sanity because he enjoy success and is a winner"

wow !!!

a reward for killing people. no words here. i dont think that dayz is the right game for you

a reward for killing people. no words here. i dont think that dayz is the right game for you

I already get plenty of rewards for killing people, what are you talking about?

Are we talking about the same DayZ?

where you get any rewards ingame ?

didnt see something like this till now.

EDIT: well i didn't kill a single player till now in this game, so sorry if i might have miss that.

Edited by Ozar

where you get any rewards ingame ?

I get your stuff, and I get to watch you bleed to death. Two very satisfying rewards.

Is DayZ for me? I'm not sure. Let me murder a few more people and figure it out.

Ok , i got this, but i was thinking the topic was talkin about real awards for killing people , like a strengt boost ( first topic, page one ).

i would not support this award system.

I'm proud of you.

But...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/520-the-pvp-discussion-thread/page-10#entry4308

Just as Rocket said, dayz is designed to be cruel.

If you don't like KoS and pvp, play another game. It's a part of the game.

And, k/d ratio? What game do you think you're playing? This isn't Call of Duty.

If the game is to cruel for you for you get shot too much. Just play some game that suits you better, where there is no pvp.

Another option is the carebear servers. It's just like DayZ, but then without pvp.

Posting aggresive posts don't make you more believeable, they just make you seem dumb and angry.

Yes the game is suppose to be cruel but it shouldn't be 'SHOOT EVERYTHING THAT MOVES' example: KoS Bandit Scrub: "OOOOOOOH THAT GRASS MOVED -fires 500 billion rounds into it- YEAH THAT WILL TEACH YA!" Do you honestly think that rocket wants this type of game-play? The whole shoot everything that moves is the reason why he wants to enforce these things, if you guys would literally THINK about it rocket is trying to APPEAL to all the fronts in the gaming industry not just you die hard-core PvP junkie fans, do you even READ this sentence? IF YOU DO NOT LIKE X FEATURE DO NOT PLAY WITH X FEATURE do NOT BITCH about it being there there's this thing called choices you can make them too!

Yes the game is suppose to be cruel but it shouldn't be 'SHOOT EVERYTHING THAT MOVES' example: KoS Bandit Scrub: "OOOOOOOH THAT GRASS MOVED -fires 500 billion rounds into it- YEAH THAT WILL TEACH YA!" Do you honestly think that rocket wants this type of game-play?

oh yes :thumbsup:  :D

http://youtu.be/X9XPr-wr9t8?t=7m34s

• Like 2

You found a report about killing. But, this is a videogame. And the report is about real life killing.

The winner feeling isn't about endorphine. It's about dopamine. When you accomplish something, you get dopamine. The more you wanted to accomplish your goal the more dopamine you get. When you accomplished killing someone in a video game where it's pretty hard to kill (not like bf), most people feel like they accomplished at killing their opponent, and the dopamine is released in their brains. Which gives them the winner feel.

But this topic is in relationship to 'sanity punish for KOS?'   . which would be a punishment to simulate the effects of killing in RL, within the game, and OP said they did some research and found the opposite.

So the report i found is very reverent to this post.

And see such wording as 'your character having more sanity because he enjoy success and is a winner"   referring to the in game simulated character and not the player.

Sorry that what i posted invalidate what OP stated as fact, but i sure i am right in what i posted.

There are a lot anti kos threads, but not much kos threads.

I'm glad somebody places pro-kos with actual arguments.

i feel you are try to defend a thread and your post in any way you can, instead of saying 'you have a point there'.

Who are you guys to say whats right or wrong, who are you to say how someone must feel when they kill someone. If i kill my neighbor, and i cry about it for 10 years, that dosent mean everyone does.

Every single human is diffrent than other, so why would we have a sistem that makes all the same ? RETARDED