Sign in to follow this  
DevilDog (DayZ)

Will zombies get a boost? (not numbers but health)

First off I know it's alpha and these zombies are just a place holder for the zombies to come.

Now do you think zombies will get a boost to their health? Right now any gun in the game kills a zombie with 1 shot. Just does not seem right. The thing is though it takes a whole bunch of strikes with non-axe melee weapons to drop a zombie, so if they boost the zombie they would need to boost the melee weapons. Honestly imo the melee weapons could use a boost anyway, the crow bar and bat are about useless.

I think the zombie health is fine atm.  Especially when the zombie numbers continue to increase later on.

I hope they don't increase the health pool, just increase the amount of zombies tenfold. If the game can't handle it, then I would be ok with them just making them tougher then. If they could do hordes of zombies...

Agree with the melee weapons though. Fists work better half the time.

Edited by hrdrok

The one hit kill was  the same for mod. Then they made the Zombies walking tanks unless you shoot them in the head lol. But 1 hit kill is just to easy and zombies are 0 threat right now.  I would not mind if it was a headshot to kill them. Really i don't care, just make them harder lol. BUT before anything. Fix them so they dont glitch through everything.

• Like 1

A lot of variables here to consider... I think they need to figure out exactly how many more zombies they can add in before they change anything with their health. You're absolutely right about the melee weapon damage though... anything but an ax seems pretty useless to me.

I still envision there being enough zombies and scarce enough ammo that a one shot kill on them with any weapon is still going to be difficult in most situations.

Health seems ok, but increase their numbers (which we already know is in the pipeline anyway).

Regards weapon damage, i would like to see zombies taking more then a single chest hit, perhaps 3-4 rounds in the chest and 1 shot kill for headshots depending on what the hitboxes allow and how good the hit detection system is, and hopefully varies dependent on weapon used.

• Like 1

I personally feel that it should depend on the weapon. From reading before I saw that zeds have 4,00 blood, and humans have 12,000 blood. Obviously once different weapons get added they should draw more blood damage from different calibers/weapon platforms/etc. Two or Three .45 rounds to the chest of a zed should kill them, or a single round to the skull should kill them as well. I think they need to add more zombies before they give them more health honestly.