Tired of this

Edited by Guest

I die because of nothing, just joined in after being fully geared day before and I was fresh spawn

So I finally got tired of this BS going on

Trust me when I say this, I love this game, I have 135 hours in the Alpha, been playing DayZ since June, almost every day, this mod/game was the reason I got a gaming PC, I used to be a console gamer.

but this is fucking ridiculous, I died 5 times because the lag kept pushing me out of buildings today, I died 1 time when all I was doing was literally... nothing. I was standing still and I just died(Happened to 2 of my friends too) and some guy in Elektro ghosted on us 4 times in a row.

How hard is it to put a simple damn timer on the game? or make your body stay for at least 1 minute after you leave? to prevent Alt Tabbers and Alt F4's, I know you guys have some kind of system, but it can't be hard to do a simple freaking timer until you all finally decide to release the patch

I've had people Ghost on me and I've still played this game, I've died because of lag and I still played and loved the game, but 5 deaths because the lag keeps teleporting me 30m forward causing me to fall off buildings, 1 inexplicable death and 4 combat logs all in 2 Hours and 10 minutes(Not like anyone's counting) is ridiculously stupid.

</Rant>

Fix your game Devs, it's now been really annoying to play this game, and I keep playing it cause I love it, but it's really hard to have faith in the Devs after all this BS

Now, the glitch were people talk over Global Chat was fixed, now it's back, did the Devs reverted the patch because they didn't know how to fix the disappearing bodies?

I know it's Alpha, and games won't be working 100%, but you can't test it when it's completely broken.

and the lag, what's up with the lag? It wasn't happening the first 3 days, why is it happening all of a sudden?

Almost like we're going backwards eh ?

• Like 1

Trust me when I say this, I love this game, I have 135 hours in the Alpha, been playing DayZ since June, almost every day, this mod/game was the reason I got a gaming PC, I used to be a console gamer.

but this is fucking ridiculous, I died 5 times because the lag kept pushing me out of buildings today, I died 1 time when all I was doing was literally... nothing. I was standing still and I just died(Happened to 2 of my friends too) and some guy in Elektro ghosted on us 4 times in a row.

How hard is it to put a simple damn timer on the game? or make your body stay for at least 1 minute after you leave? to prevent Alt Tabbers and Alt F4's, I know you guys have some kind of system, but it can't be hard to do a simple freaking timer until you all finally decide to release the patch

I've had people Ghost on me and I've still played this game, I've died because of lag and I still played and loved the game, but 5 deaths because the lag keeps teleporting me 30m forward causing me to fall off buildings, 1 inexplicable death and 4 combat logs all in 2 Hours and 10 minutes(Not like anyone's counting) is ridiculously stupid.

</Rant>

Fix your game Devs, it's now been really annoying to play this game, and I keep playing it cause I love it, but it's really hard to have faith in the Devs after all this BS

Now, the glitch were people talk over Global Chat was fixed, now it's back, did the Devs reverted the patch because they didn't know how to fix the disappearing bodies?

I know it's Alpha, and games won't be working 100%, but you can't test it when it's completely broken.

and the lag, what's up with the lag? It wasn't happening the first 3 days, why is it happening all of a sudden?

DO YOU?!

That's the point of an alpha, everything is probably broken and/or not working <as intended>. Yet you seem to fail the concept behind it. Found a bug? Report it and hope for the best. That's not a hard task.

Edited by LouisK
  • Like 7

Oh god, you're right! The game is broken!

I have a solution for you. Log off now, log back on after the game is released.

There, fixed.

• Like 6

Edited by Guest

goZHyaT.jpg

The dev team is aware of the hopping/logging/hacking issues and they are currently working on addressing them.  That said, this is exactly the kind of thing that the disclaimer on the game's product page warned about.

• Like 3

Bodies disappearing is a bug, so is people talking over global chat and rubber banding

not people ghosting.

Implying you can really tell what is a bug and what isn't. As I said in another post, deal with what you're given or leave and return at beta or release. The dev team does what they think it's best for the proyect and they have an own roadmap to follow where the top priority is server structure. Gameplay is secondary, since this is an alpha supposedely for testing and not for playing.

Edited by LouisK

I know it's Alpha

Then you wouldn't be saying this:

Someone who understands that this is the alpha would not call the things that typically come along with an alpha "Bullshit" because that implies they expected it not to occur. Or, this:

I know you guys have some kind of system, but it can't be hard to do a simple freaking timer until you all finally decide to release the patch

Obviously if THEY don't know when they can fix it, why would they make a timer to announce the patch? They rely on constructive feedback and reports from the community to create these patches. They have no control over how often they get useful information as opposed to "Oh my god this game is fucking dumb fix it".

I understand it's no fun but again that is what you should expect when you play an alpha. I'm not saying you should be perfectly fine with tedious, but you should not be surprised at all when it happens. Instead, just provide whatever information you can on the issues and then wait for the ensuing patch, as you are supposed to do when you play an early access alpha.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 6

Edited by Guest

I will put this here and hopefully people will get that combat logging and server hoppers WILL be dealt with soon.

[–]rocket2gunsRocket 4 points

"most important to me for doing ASAP is implementing the server queuing system to solve combat-logging and loot farming. It's pretty close to done, but it's not going to be until I'm back in CZ which is mid January."

Context is in this thread on Reddit. Have fun with it people.  ;)

Edited by R.Neville

By timer, I meant a log out timer. K

To be fair it's easy to understand how I could have taken that as a timer for a patch. Apart from that, I digress.

The team is on skeleton manning currently, you're going to have to have some patience. The server queuing system to solve combat logging, loot farming, ghosting etc is pretty close to done but won't be implemented until after Rocket gets back to the Czech Republic in mid January.

They are aware of issues some players may be experiencing with stuttering character positions, and are investigating.

Things are going to break pretty regularly during the alpha, that's what you signed up for by purchasing it. If you can't accept that, take a break and return when the game is further along in development.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 6

If you're tired of the bugs, posting an anger filled rant thread will get you nowhere. It'd be best to just report the issue (http://feedback.dayzgame.com/bug_report_page.php) and take a break to relax a little

And also as Smash said there were two huge disclaimers, one on the steam section for DayZ and another right when you open DayZ. Obviously you agreed to both

Or you could just do like I did and choose to play another game while you wait for the fixes.

I love Dayz, or rather the idea of what Dayz can be one day. Right now its nothing but KOS and bugs. Bummer its an Alpha. I fill out some bug reports and check on the patches/updates while I enjoy other games. I didn't pay $29.99 to play a fully functional game, I paid it to add money to the pot that helps pay dev salaries so that when its closer to where I want it to be, I don't have to spend $59.99. I basically made an investment that doubles my money. Plus I get to check out Cherarus with updated graphics for a few hours, long before its retail release. 

I can see where a young child, or a man with a child's emotional fortitude, would have a sig talking about taking a full sized group of well armed people into Elektro in order to 'terrorize' people playing the Alpha then rage when something doesn't go their way, but to stick around after you died multiple times to nothing? Come on, you're not serious are you? First time: Holy crap what just happened? Second time: WTF! I will definitely not be going into any multi-story buildings until this lag gets better. Third time: Wouldn't have happened if you happily played something else or adapted and roamed the land. Fourth time: Now you just want to die. Fifth time: Seriously, we're still talking about this?

• Like 6

Seriously man, you just need to take a break when shit like this happens. Earlier today I "fell" more like skipped out of the apartment buildings north of Balota, of course I died, re-spawned, died again and took a break. Never did get my body back, but in the end it was for the better, I have better gear then I had then and I'm avoiding high rises until the lag is fixed. There is nothing ti rage about, like everyone has said you paid for an alpha and your going to rage about an alpha, then in my opinion, like everyone, you should quit and play again at a later date.

Second thought judging by your signature and demeanor I would say your a bandit, and you expect to not run into combat loggers, especially if your rolling 10 people deep and going against 1 or 2 new spawns at a time. Grow a pair bro and go north, or at least find people that are a challenge.

edit: Don't try to flame me about judging you for possibly being a bandit, I could care less, I never combat log and I'm neither a bandit or a hero, just a survivor doing whatever it takes to survive.

Edited by ShadowWulf
  • Like 2

I feel if any online game gets released then lagg and rubber banding has to be 100% fixed im not fussed about the rest to much. Seems there isnt really a base gameplay established as such as a lot of things are happening. I found that if your char bugs out and starts you as a fresh spawn, log out ASAP go to server history and go back to the last server played it should restore you char fully geared (well it did with me so worth a try). Lots of bugs but still the potential is keeping me hooked!

peace!

People need to be aware, that at this stage of development, the game is expected to break. It could as well not save any progress to the hive so you lose everything each time you leave a server, it could as well lose server browser functionality so you cannot connect to a game and play at all until the next patch/hotfix. it is to be expected. if you cannot deal with it, come back at a later point.

• Like 2

</Rant>

1273.gif

• Like 5

Almost like we're going backwards eh ?

i'm suprised you are not banned by now. You are trolling every post and agree with every rant, more than that you never say more than one sentance which is usualy flame. Don't you have nothing better to do than troll this forums? Ppl here are trying to help with game development, if u dont like this game dont play it, and stop beeing dick about it.

Useless thread (imo) apart from "venting". That was the deal, right? To vent?

In my opinion it is very simple.

Some things most of you should've heard by now.

1) Alpha - Stability in gameplay and technical terms cannot be guaranteed at all times

2) Don't get too attached to the gear (for now)

3) It is a game

4) You are not the center of the world when you rant

5) If something bugs you, don't post being pissed off. Being butthurt. Take a break, post later perhaps. If you post, be as constructive as possible

I also died to a bug. Character reset. I was briefly pissed. It happens. I also got reset a bit recently because playing during hive problems is apparently bad. I also get some more lag than before. So what?! It has to be expected due to 1). And I take a short break and know that 2) and 3) also apply there. And that I should remember 4) and 5) when posting.

All these really bad (not necessarily pointing at JUST the OP here, but in general) rants do not show how bad the supposed (unfinished but very much playable, all in all) game is. It shows how bad you are at self-control or providing constructive feedback. And they are often just a waste of time.

I also love the "demanding", I've seen more than one post where people demand things from Rocket himself. You are not the center of the world, stop "demanding" things because you are butthurt you lost a char or some fun during an alpha. Be fucking glad you can play this unfinished game right now, spoiled brats.

If anyone feels offended by this, think deeply and why. This has also nothing to do with "fanboyism". Dislike it, but at least don't be a dick about it. Post constructive stuff if you really care and want stuff to change to be better. Don't rant and waste bandwith, time and keystrokes. And stop insulting others with mean words, what are you, 12?

Deal with it. The right way.

I understand it's no fun but again that is what you should expect when you play an alpha. 

You also expect alpha testing to be a fee event. That is where the problems arise and why you simply cannot apply the usual conditions of an alpha test. When you charge people a premium price to test your alpha you can't really act surprised if people have expectations beyond a conventional alhpa test.

I have contributed to many alpha and beta tests over two decades. I have never paid for it! I am not saying this is right or wrong but it creates many shades of grey. I haven't followed the development process with as beady an eye as others and I am not sure why they charged for alhpa.

Be it nescessity or greed. 

Edited by -Morph-