Wicced

Quicker Standing to Prone and vice versa

When you are crossing an open field and come under fire you should immediately go into the prone position. Doing this on DayZ causes your character to stop and slowly lay flat. I've tried binding the commands "Up" and "Down" but these commands seem to function the same as normal "Prone" and "Stand". If you were to be getting shot at and could (say double tap Z) to fall/dive to the ground I might have possibly avoided death by sniper many times. This could add an element of realism to the game as this tactic is actually trained and used by military forces (see: 3 to 5 second rush or Individual Movement Techniques)

Thanks and if this is already a function I must have missed it somewhere.

• Like 3

Even though I gave you beans and like the idea here a piece of advice:

If you've been spotted already and as you said in the middle of a field jumping on the floor isn't really a solution.

Start sprinting like a mad men while zigzagging all over the place. That will most likely be the only way you survive, as you otherwise will only be pinned down without cover.

• Like 3

РЕБЯТА, срочно!!! Сразу извиняюсь что пишу здесь, подскажите как быть! Купил игру месяца два назад играл играл... В итоге вчера установил оринджис зашёл на сервер, начал писать, как тут обосноваться где что? Все писали как в обычном дейзи только другая карта, один написал давай встертимся, в итоге встретились сел в машину похоже на машину шестёрка, дал оружие положил в машину говорит бери там оружи с подствольным гарнотометом,  я думал что брать или нет, в итоге взял игра вылетела, захожу пишет: Соединения с сервером разорвоно, сегодня захожу GLOBAL BAN помогите пожалуйста, я понял что с читерами нельзя связываться... Куда мне писать и как быть?

• Like 1

When you are crossing an open field and come under fire you should immediately go into the prone position.

If you were to be getting shot at and could (say double tap Z) to fall/dive to the ground I might have possibly avoided death by sniper many times. 

1. If a sniper is shooting at you, if there is no REAL cover close by, hitting the deck is going to get you murdered. A flat and still target would be alot easier to hit than someone running full sprint like a mad-man.

2. Go put a backpack on, fill it with weights, then go diving and jumping up and squatting and running, see how much you hurt yourself in the process. This isn't an FPS.

• Like 4

Most fields I've seen in DayZ have high grass in them. You going prone quickly will take you out of the snipers sights. You then must quickly dash for a few seconds and go prone again. An excellent shooter will probably hit you before you realize they are there but if you get lucky and he misses you can now repeat this rushing technique to get to the tree line or some actual cover. If you try this tactic now you end up stopping, dropping to the ground, then slowly standing up, hesitating, then sprinting again.

^ this is harder to shoot in tall grass than running in circles and zig zaging.

2. Go put a backpack on, fill it with weights, then go diving and jumping up and squatting and running, see how much you hurt yourself in the process. This isn't an FPS.

I have done this countless times and never suffered anything worse than bruised elbows and knees.

РЕБЯТА, срочно!!! Сразу извиняюсь что пишу здесь, подскажите как быть! Купил игру месяца два назад играл играл... В итоге вчера установил оринджис зашёл на сервер, начал писать, как тут обосноваться где что? Все писали как в обычном дейзи только другая карта, один написал давай встертимся, в итоге встретились сел в машину похоже на машину шестёрка, дал оружие положил в машину говорит бери там оружи с подствольным гарнотометом, я думал что брать или нет, в итоге взял игра вылетела, захожу пишет: Соединения с сервером разорвоно, сегодня захожу GLOBAL BAN помогите пожалуйста, я понял что с читерами нельзя связываться... Куда мне писать и как быть?

Global ban.

Pls no ban me. Me gud boi Russia.

Going down would be faster, I agree that. Falling when running would never hurt more than a bullet in your head.

Going back up is another story and its speed is right as it should be.

• Like 1

Switching weapons is also very slow, sometimes you get stuck there. I got hit by a zombie because I was stuck in an animation.

When you are crossing an open field and come under fire you should immediately go into the prone position. Doing this on DayZ causes your character to stop and slowly lay flat. I've tried binding the commands "Up" and "Down" but these commands seem to function the same as normal "Prone" and "Stand". If you were to be getting shot at and could (say double tap Z) to fall/dive to the ground I might have possibly avoided death by sniper many times. This could add an element of realism to the game as this tactic is actually trained and used by military forces (see: 3 to 5 second rush or Individual Movement Techniques)

Thanks and if this is already a function I must have missed it somewhere.

you should check this:

also changing stances will be updated in one of the next patches, so the player should become more responsive

• Like 4

After all the major movement problems are ironed out, they should start adding the equivalent of the ShackTac Movement Addons like they did in the Mod (bunnyhop over fence to escape zeds anyone?). Also it would have to be realistic (speed would be related to carry weight + other variables). Do 10 burpees with a backpack and gear in real life. Now imagine you're being shot at. ^_^

Good idea though. Would like to see ShackTac addons in standalone :D ..

Sobaka

TYS

Edited by TYS

I wouldn't go prone on an open field if I get shot at from a distance. They can't see the grass on the ground from far away and therefore they will see you anyways. Just run!