crazyandlazy

So people getting kicked and banned by Battleeye are hackers?

if you get banned you actually should still be able to run the game. but when you try to connect to a server, it will give you probably an error like "dayum you got bayund"

• Like 1

I didn't plead any innocence. I was quite enraged at being banned from a game that I have not gained any unfair advantage in. I have however altered the game files of Arma 2 and thus received a global ban by Battle Eye in that game. I did not anticipate the global ban affecting the DayZ Standalone.

Yes, ya'll are right about hacks affecting the standalone. After actually checking some of the game exploiting sites, it seems like the paid hacks have actually got some really impressive stuff. Keep in mind, these are PAID hacks. Half of the people who exploit games are just kids wanting to gain advantage over the other players also their amazing lack of immersion in the game, they usually have no access to eCommerce.

The reason for my original post is plainly impulse. I understand why the community hates exploiters, but Arma 2 is not DayZ SA and the consequences of breaking the rules should not span over to a different game.

EDIT: Crap, I meant Arma 2 OA. Sorry for the confusion.

The thing is, you wouldn't be banned for your cheating on Arma2 OA. You're getting banned for your cheating on Arma 3. 

I'm sure you can see the logic here. If you've cheated in Arma2, and Arma 3, chances are you going to be on *** with the best of them trying to work out how to fuck up this game. Pretty sure that's how the devs see it, given the amount of time and money they had to spend cleaning up all the fucking mess cheaters make in Arma.

I appreciate you're annoyed about spending $30 on a game you can't play, but at this stage I think you're going to have to start a new account entirely.

Edited by MR DELICIOUS
  • Like 1

PAID hacks

I'm constantly amazed that people would give money to download an unknown .exe or .dll file - enjoy getting banned when they just steal your cd keys and steam log in details to test out their new hacks, you *might* get a working hack with it as well.

• Like 3

I just don't understand the cheater mentality. I remember being 16 and cheating the shit out of Phantasy Star Online. Amazing how we went from a couple good items to having copies of every item in the game in a matter of days.

It was also amazing that we had no desire to play the game anymore because we had everything. In a similar sense, cheating in more competitive games like this leaves you with a pretty hollow victory. Maybe the kids that cheat are just different than most people? I just don't see how it could be satisfying. Either way, I'm glad to see them getting banned.

I just don't understand the cheater mentality. I remember being 16 and cheating the shit out of Phantasy Star Online. Amazing how we went from a couple good items to having copies of every item in the game in a matter of days.

It was also amazing that we had no desire to play the game anymore because we had everything. In a similar sense, cheating in more competitive games like this leaves you with a pretty hollow victory. Maybe the kids that cheat are just different than most people? I just don't see how it could be satisfying. Either way, I'm glad to see them getting banned.

Oh this is easy. The disengagement of immersion of survival games is too frequent, you spend too much time gathering resources, getting killed is another issue. So you look for other methods to achieve those items. A year and something ago, *** had the best hacks ever, and they were free. I guess a new challenge arises from gaining the privilege of cheating, not getting caught by the server community. After that, the game really does get boring, subtly spawning things isn't very enjoyable. Also, since the scripts are open source, you can learn quite a bit about sqfs and C++ from playing with those scripts, that was pretty fun for me personally. Honestly, people cheat because they like the idea of the game, but not the game play, so they try to change the game to make the game play more enjoyable, it's difficult to balance, most people just loose the plot and start spawning Ammo crates, activate ESP and start running around killing absolutely everyone, now they've changed the game so much that they don't enjoy the game design or the game play. So what keeps them going? The power rush; some of the scripts available have a sort of server overload function. I guess it's just mindless fun, but it eventually becomes boring, your attempts to reinstaciate this power rush become more desperate, until you start doing really stupid things like spawning F-35B's and Navy Destroyers. That's when Battle Eye gets you. Well, now Battle Eye is just amazing and bans people for even having Cheat Engine installed (I've heard). Pretty impressive actually. Things become really complex now, the last survivors are the paid hack providers who build crazy stuff to bypass BE and THEN inject the script. I think they will always be about, they make a decent amount of money from people who just can't play the game.

To be honest, I'm glad to be seeing cheaters banned, maybe not myself since I didn't actually hack DayZ SA. But people who hacked A2 OA and A3 should face the consequences of not being able to play with the broader online community of that game (including myself), not just for the benefit of the community but because once you start cheating, you become used to little effort making a lot of product and when things don't follow this pattern you look for easier ways to achieve them, to replicate the pattern (which is fine), but the easiest way to achieve something in video games and sometimes real life (look at corrupted insurance brokers, dayuuum) is the illegal way (in accordance to game rules not national law), cheating. Since pretty much 3/4 of these hackers are just little kids, they shouldn't ever have that imprinted into their heads. Playing RPG's is a good way for people to practice immersion, if you can immerse yourself in anything, you can achieve anything; this is what these kids should know. DayZ is a great RPG. Because once you loose (die) you have to start over, this also means that you have to research other people play the game, why they are successful and how you could reproduce their tactics to your own and maybe even improve; overall adding to the immersion. I think that's a great life skill. There you go, this is EXACTLY why the majority of people hack DayZ because they are weak, they like the game idea but not the game play, so they change the game play to what they prefer. 

I definitely will not be touching Arma's game files again. As for anyone else looking to cheat, don't. The community couldn't care less about you, they just want to make sure they don't loose their in game items by whining to the dev's about every second person that killed them. If you'r annoyed by constant death, check the cause. Is it lag? Buy a new computer, kick your siblings off the net, uograde your speed (this is pretty much all that YOU can do), or watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxtCFr_bWc . Is it just that you suck? Watch some of Frankies DayZ standalone video's he has two so far, he shows everything that he does, watch what he does carefully. A tip I can offer you is to recon an area which you think is going to be hot, plan your entry and exit. If you see a player, don't freak the hell out. Cheating frequently will ruin you.

The thing is, you wouldn't be banned for your cheating on Arma2 OA. You're getting banned for your cheating on Arma 3. 

I'm sure you can see the logic here. If you've cheated in Arma2, and Arma 3, chances are you going to be on *** with the best of them trying to work out how to fuck up this game. Pretty sure that's how the devs see it, given the amount of time and money they had to spend cleaning up all the fucking mess cheaters make in Arma.

I appreciate you're annoyed about spending $30 on a game you can't play, but at this stage I think you're going to have to start a new account entirely.

Apparently so...

Edited by MANofAWE
  • Like 2

I was quite enraged at being banned from a game that I have not gained any unfair advantage in.

Good that you are upset. Cold as it may be but I have no sympathy for you.

What the actual **** is going on. There aren't even any hacks for the ****ing standalone, I didn't search for any or do anything to alter DayZ SA. I was global banned from Arma 2 not the DayZ Standalone, there is no justification in doing that. That's like going to prison, coming out and then being put back in again just because you we're in there once before.

Hello there

It may seem unjust to you but from many folks points of view it is entirely just.

I think if one is caught legitimately cheating, they should be forbidden to play any online game for a vastly long time. But luckily I dont run things.

Hacking is a risk vs reward thing. In general the risk is less than the reward so we do see alot of scripting/hacks. Im glad BE/Vac are turning the tables a little.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

Hello there

It may seem unjust to you but from many folks points of view it is entirely just.

I think if one is caught legitimately cheating, they should be forbidden to play any online game for a vastly long time. But luckily I dont run things.

Hacking is a risk vs reward thing. In general the risk is less than the reward so we do see alot of scripting/hacks. Im glad BE/Vac are turning the tables a little.

Rgds

LoK

I understand your point of view, you're part of the forum team, you must read a LOT of hack complaints, absolutely hate the mention of cheating in DayZ. That's fine, but if a child is caught stealing from his mothers cookie jar, should they be disallowed to eat anything at all? Видите ли вы свою точку зрения?

Edited by MANofAWE

I understand your point of view, you're part of the forum team, you must read a LOT of hack complaints, absolutely hate the mention of cheating in DayZ. That's fine, but if a child is caught stealing from his mothers cookie jar, should they be disallowed to eat anything at all? Видите ли вы свою точку зрения?

Hello there

I say this as an online player who has had his experience ruined more than once in games I can barely afford to play. So, for me, its far more personal than professional.

I dont feel a lifetime ban is warranted, but a Year is a good amount, in my mind.

If you scripted in A2/bf3/MLPonline it matters not you have still done it and I do think one should be punished across the board and on all platforms.

As an analogy If you are barred from one pub in my home town you are barred from all pubs in the local as you have proven yourself incapable of mixing in that environ. i see online cheating in a similar light. 

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

i encourage bans at 100%. if i would be in charge, i would ban a person that hacked in ONE steam game, from any other Stean multiplayer.

Are you a moderator/working for DayZ forums?

Hello there

Im not employed by anyone here for my work/hours.

I do it purely for the joy of it.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

Im not employed by anyone here for my work/hours.

I do it purely for the joy of it.

Rgds

LoK

cool :]

I like how they removed banns from the game to let the clowns back in, just to get their 30 bucks and ban them again when they went back to the well.

Almost as much as I like the 10 page belly button gazing about why someone would hack the game. 

LOL

• Like 1

Hello there

I say this as an online player who has had his experience ruined more than once in games I can barely afford to play. So, for me, its far more personal than professional.

I dont feel a lifetime ban is warranted, but a Year is a good amount, in my mind.

If you scripted in A2/bf3/MLPonline it matters not you have still done it and I do think one should be punished across the board and on all platforms.

As an analogy If you are barred from one pub in my home town you are barred from all pubs in the local as you have proven yourself incapable of mixing in that environ. i see online cheating in a similar light. 

Rgds

LoK

gg, you're starting to convince me. I like your analogy too. Another example of that is drivers licence suspension, penalised drivers are not permitted to drive any vehicle until they have passed a certain time frame. You're right, a system like that would work well. But from a business/financial point of view (as I'm sure Dead Hall and Bohemia Inter. are considering). If a person buys the game, that's it, money = made. Now if this person decides to hack, they get banned forever and cannot join DayZ servers. Now since everyone (directly or indirectly) communicated with the DayZ master server, provided by Rocket and Bohemia teams. They have to pay more money for upgrading the server if the load increases (when the hackers start getting unbanned). In turn, increasing the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS). So yeah, this system is good and bad. But I'm sure this system will be implemented if DayZ was a monthly service thing (oh god how I hope it will never be).

Regardless of discussion, I will be purchasing the SA again, and I will enjoy the crap out of it because the DayZ team and BI have made a great and unique game that will be worth way more than $30 once in beta and finally full release. Good luck with development, I'm signing off. Bye :3

Edited by MANofAWE
  • Like 1

I hate multi player cheats for many reasons, but my number 1 biggest gripe is that it diverts money, resource and talent away from building and enhancing games and dumps it in a death march of maintaining the status quo. With every passing month of a game release the demand for anti hack is always present and forces developers into expending resource into maintenance with diminishing returns.

I was never keen on the idea of 'Onlive' the streaming game service, but having clients so lightweight would stop all but the most determined cheats. ( video data can still be processed, i.e highlight players from that build autofires or aimbots).

I like how they removed banns from the game to let the clowns back in, just to get their 30 bucks and ban them again when they went back to the well.

OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT.

OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT.

Except he is utterly incorrect. No bans were removed. BE was implemented at a later date. Also, some aspects of BE inherently do not immediately kick/ban. Its a subtle little thing.

Rgds

LoK

Do you motherfuckers realise how obviously guilty you look when you come on here and make an account specifically to plead your innocence?

seems like the moderator of the dayz  OFFICAL DAYZ stand alone forums is also a hacker.. your point?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/648814845517516339/

yep, dayz staff members have hacked also... busted !

Edited by humberto

Hello there

That link just takes me to the steam forums?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Except he is utterly incorrect. No bans were removed. BE was implemented at a later date. Also, some aspects of BE inherently do not immediately kick/ban. Its a subtle little thing.

Rgds

LoK

I had to come back for this. Bans were nevertheless ineffective for the duration of the first few weeks. But honestly I think that it was a server framework issue because Dean did say that servers are still being optimized and even with the low amount of zombies loot and players the servers were under full capacity. So I think some optimizations had to be made to implement BE. Still, we have no proof so it's an interesting thought. Edited by MANofAWE

seems like the thread is vanished

http://steamcommunity.com/id/beta3450

anyways you can see they staff have been caught for hacking

Click where it says 'View more info' in his profile description.

Wulfie: "I feel slightly obliged to write this here, since people really love riffing off on the fact and claiming that all my information is void and my opinions invalid, no matter the detail and backed-up facts. Yes, I do have a VAC ban on record. No, it is not a legit ban. It doesn't matter to me whether or not you wish to believe me, because from your perspective, it's my word against Valve's, and I wouldn't believe it either.

But for the reasonable people, or those aware of the known false-positive VAC bans, I became a victim of one several years ago. (4 or so?) You can read more about known false-positives that Valve is aware of and refuses to revert from the link below. It is a Source Engine related ban, that's all I know. Possibly a mod that changed the way the game was rendered.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat#False-positive_detections"

Edited by phlOgistOn