Mays (DayZ)

How bad is DayZ's community?

The majority of people are just incredibly awful. Being a KoSer means you're a bit of a dick, to be fair, and the people who complain about said KoSers are also whiney babies. The community isn't that great. I mean sure, there are people that do indeed contribute to improving this game by reporting bugs or requesting new/improved features, but really the others are pure awful. I'm unaware to if any of you have played FIFA but it's probably just as bad as that community. It's up there with Call of Duty's, and well the whole Nintendo community.

You people that aren't whiney babies and do contribute, I love you. inb4youreawhinybabytoo or other petty reply attempting to make me feel bad

Edited by Mays
  • Like 1

What's your fucking point, shit head?

• Like 8

I admit I do whine about kos ers but its because with less of them the game would be a better experience for all instead of me giving a guy some help and then bang u are dead

The majority of people are just incredibly awful. Being a KoSer means you're a bit of a dick, to be fair, and the people who complain about said KoSers are also whiney babies. The community isn't that great. I mean sure, there are people that do indeed contribute to improving this game by reporting bugs or requesting new/improved features, but really the others are pure awful. I'm unaware to if any of you have played FIFA but it's probably just as bad as that community. It's up there with Call of Duty's, and well the whole Nintendo community.

You people that aren't whiney babies and do contribute, I love you. inb4youreawhinybabytoo or other petty reply attempting to make me feel bad

Tell me a community that is the complete opposite of whiny babies?

Every community on the internet has its negatives.

Ya man the community is bad like that mays guy? I mean some people just dont see the irony........... or know what it means.

There is other ways to be a bad member of the community and it does not involve kos...........do you under stand what I am saying here?

Edited by meat pie

Ya man the community is bad like that mays guy? I mean some people just dont see the irony........... or know what it means.

I fucking hate that baby.

Btich you call me a dick? Fuck you. ))))))) I like the community and the KoS whining noobs.

Edited by Inception.
No need.

Tell me a community that is the complete opposite of whiny babies?

Every community on the internet has its negatives.

I'd say this community is pretty damn nice, if anyone here has yet to experience the LoL community, I'd say this is heaven. Wherever you go around the world, there will always be a few rotten kiwis, in some places more than others, but in Day Z there is rarely rotten kiwis, just rotten bananas.

• Like 2

nah, the community is fine. massive influx of new players bombarding the entrenched bittervets creates some heat on the forums at the moment, but generally, most of the community is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Facepunch. Enough said. If you want to see some of the worst shit possible, Go there.

• Like 2

Personally, I think it is important to have KOS and bandits.  Without them, the game would be just like any other.  That nervousness at seeing a new, armed person, is something that cannot be duplicated in any other setting.

• Like 1

Personally, I think it is important to have KOS and bandits.  Without them, the game would be just like any other.  That nervousness at seeing a new, armed person, is something that cannot be duplicated in any other setting.

Exactly! I really love coming across a man with a gun, or even with a melee weapon. It's boring if everyone is friendly. It'd basically be "Canada with Zombies"

As long as you're kind to others when discussing or arguing an issue, they will usually be kind back. Constructive criticism is important; calling someone a 'whiny baby' won't solve any issues

There are lots of people here with many different ideas and views, and it will always be that way

Edited by Death Dealer

I admit I do whine about kos ers but its because with less of them the game would be a better experience for all instead of me giving a guy some help and then bang u are dead

Yep what I wish people understood is that PURE killing is just as boring as PURE friendly contact, we need a good mix of both which is why KOS needs to be balanced out with more in-depth mechanics for player interaction.

Name me one game that has a great community?? be Honest?  Ive played a lot of games, not one has standed out.  Final Fantasy 14 would be my only suggestion, and that is arguably not a great community anymore.

Btich you call me a dick? Fuck you. ))))))) I like the community and the KoS whining noobs.

It seems that you have been posting in a lot of threads lately non of which makes any sense at all so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say:

bigpostcountrw1.jpg

• Like 1

I think this community will get better when it matures, the worst trolls will eventually stop playing because they can't handle that this game is far from ready.

There are two communities traditionally, and three communities now. 

The first community is the vanilla DayZ community. They love the mod as is and want to keep the standalone game a pure survival experience.

The second community is the latter day DayZ mod community. These are the guys that KoS on Teamspeak with their squad on the 10000000 vehicle AS50 server. They want to make DayZ standalone less of a really unique and well balanced survivor simulation and more of a really sub par team deathmatch Call of Duty type thing. 

The newest community is the Standalone nubs who are still kind of getting used to the game, and base their ideas of what the game should be like off the bitter arguing of the two groups above. 

• Like 4

KOS'ing doesn't make you a bad community member. If I'd meet someone from the forums IRL, I'd probably pay for a drink, yet I KOS. I don't go after people that are not a threat, though.

Well said Zed

Btw on the forum side, if you post or propose something entirely ridiculous then the forums will let you know. Id say there is no more trollery in this forum than any other

Edited by Shadyfizzle

KOS'ing doesn't make you a bad community member. If I'd meet someone from the forums IRL, I'd probably pay for a drink, yet I KOS. I don't go after people that are not a threat, though.

I'm a KoSer too, but the fact you don't go after people who aren't a threat removes the 'dick' tag.

Although your intentions are good, this topic will only cause flames.