SalamanderAnder (DayZ)

Please for the love of god don't add "Sanity."

Alright, I don't mean to be abrasive, but I am sick and tired of seeing this idea for one. Can we STOP suggesting it over and over?

Thanks noobs. #learn2play #gitgud #stopcryinglikealittlebaby

crying-baby.jpg

• Like 19

2 things.

1.  The people who makes those posts don't use the search functions.  Which is why we're called upon over and over to keep telling them why that's a bad idea and against the DayZ principle.

2.  Players who are shot on sight want an easy solution, basically "punish the badguys".  It's sad really, and I hate to say but a clear example of "learn to play better".

• Like 1

I don't understand why they don't just band together on the server and hunt down the bandits, kill them and rinse and repeat until thier gone, It would be roleplaying-ish and they might end up leaving the server, plus it gives us bandits some thrill to be hunted by a squad.

• Like 5

I don't understand why they don't just band together on the server and hunt down the bandits, kill them and rinse and repeat until thier gone, It would be roleplaying-ish and they might end up leaving the server, plus it gives us bandits some thrill to be hunted by a squad.

Quite simply, because they suck at the game and they want some kind of gimmick to "protect" them, when what they fail to realize is that it won't actually stop people from killing each other anyway.

• Like 1

I'm not sure YOU understand the Dayz principle.  I have been playing since the Mod came out and how rocket originally set the so called "principle".  That being said, I'll KoS anyone but new spawns.  It's a waste of ammo and you don't get anything from it.  I have read one of the "sanity" posts, I thought the idea was an interesting compromise.   I could deal with it honestly, it would help new players get used to the game.  Eventually they will learn the game and probably KoS as well.  Remember, there are a lot of people getting Dayz SA who have never played the mod.  If we immediately start flaming these people that just means less people playing, which ultimately means less funding and less patches and dying servers.  Stop being such elitests.  The game isn't called Dayz SA: Salamanderanders revenge.   If you can't deal with it, hate to say but "learn to play better" goes both ways. lol.

• Like 3

Being honest a sanity mechanic might be pretty good but only if done correctly.

I don't believe it should be trigged by shooting people IMHO NOTHING should ever punish playstyles.

It would be cool though if your character is extremely dehydrated he hallucinates stuff, and after a few close encounters with bandits at nighttime he rarely hallucinates people shooting at him, etc.

• Like 1

I'm not sure YOU understand the Dayz principle.  I have been playing since the Mod came out and how rocket originally set the so called "principle".  That being said, I'll KoS anyone but new spawns.  It's a waste of ammo and you don't get anything from it.  I have read one of the "sanity" posts, I thought the idea was an interesting compromise.   I could deal with it honestly, it would help new players get used to the game.  Eventually they will learn the game and probably KoS as well.  Remember, there are a lot of people getting Dayz SA who have never played the mod.  If we immediately start flaming these people that just means less people playing, which ultimately means less funding and less patches and dying servers.  Stop being such elitests.  The game isn't called Dayz SA: Salamanderanders revenge.   If you can't deal with it, hate to say but "learn to play better" goes both ways. lol.

Lol, If you were paying attention to my post count and join date, you would realize that what you just said is quite silly. I have been playing the mod since it came out also, and I understand the "principles" of DayZ very well. Gimmicks are not part of that principle. Gimmicks are the kind of thing you'd see in WarZ, or some other arcade bullshit. DayZ is not the place for artificial sanity. No way, no how, no thank you.

I'm not even a "bandit" (stupid name for murderers btw, bandits rob people) and I don't want this. I can defend myself just fine thank you.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 3

Cause most bandits are pathetic and combat log just like the people they try and kill...go figure.

• Like 1

Do not really know what this thread is about but i do this is not twiiter so # does nothing here. 

Alright, I don't mean to be abrasive, but I am sick and tired of seeing people flame the new guys for trying to contribute. Can we STOP being elitist jerks again and again?

if you're offended by repetitive threads, dont read them, stop your armchair moderation attempts and enjoy other things. if you want to help, point out that it has been suggested before, and what your experienced reaction to the topic was in a humble and polite manner

#learn2forum  #lessQQmoarPEWPEW

• Like 7

Sanity doesn't work, because it's very subjective. What might cause a break in sanity for one person, could be completely fine for another. So in order to implement it, it would assume everyone is the same, which is not cool.

If we could assign weaknesses and strengths to our characters that define what kind of behaviour goes against their inner morality and causes them to loose sanity, that might be interesting for roleplaying purposes. But that's a different story.

Edited by Sencha
  • Like 1

rocket wuld never add some shit like dis caus hes not a retard

• Like 2

Buy dayz > get angry about getting killed > make forum threads.

Is that how one should roll? Imagine if bf/cod was like that lol. Its a PvP game, PvP happens

rocket wuld never add some shit like dis caus hes not a retard

you mean, like, humanity? :D

@Salamander

everyone is entitled to a rant now and then. i dont blame you. but maybe designate it as a rant, as people might otherwise think that raging is your default modus operandi :P

• Like 3

Alright, I don't mean to be abrasive, but I am sick and tired of seeing people flame the new guys for trying to contribute. Can we STOP being elitist jerks again and again?

if you're offended by repetitive threads, dont read them, stop your armchair moderation attempts and enjoy other things. if you want to help, point out that it has been suggested before, and what your experienced reaction to the topic was in a humble and polite manner

#learn2forum  #lessQQmoarPEWPEW

While I can appreciate your point, we have already tried this. Good ideas and topics are being continually buried by the same repetitive post. It's not as simple as "don't read it" because it keeps other good threads from being commented on. Every time someone posts this idea in a new thread, the majority jumps on it and attacks the idea, it becomes controversy, and therefore the thread keeps getting bumped to the top of the list. 

lol nah its hilarios every time who gievs a fuk

• Like 1

lol nah its hilarios every time who gievs a fuk

Your recent posts have dropped in IQ. Have a short break to rethink your attitude.

L

• Like 3

Lol, If you were paying attention to my post count and join date, you would realize that what you just said is quite silly. I have been playing the mod since it came out also, and I understand the "principles" of DayZ very well. Gimmicks are not part of that principle. Gimmicks are the kind of thing you'd see in WarZ, or some other arcade bullshit. DayZ is not the place for artificial sanity. No way, no how, no thank you.

I'm not even a "bandit" (stupid name for murderers btw, bandits rob people) and I don't want this. I can defend myself just fine thank you.

Sorry, i was not really talking about you.  My post was more towards bakercompany86.  Read his post again and you will see how my sarcasm applied more to his post.  I only used the "dayz SA: salamaderanders revenge" because you were the first person in the topic.  "Gimmick" is subjective.  I could say heli crashes are a "gimmick".   There is no reason a fresh crash would be there if the end of the world has already happened and the worlds military forces have already been defeated.  Yet some how there were a crap ton of random crashes still on fire because they had "just crashed".  No one complains though because we all like the loot at them.  hell, zombies are a "gimmick".  Go play rust, its like dayz without zombies (technically at least, and not as fun IMHO).  A gimmick is a gimmick only if you don't care for the particular add on.  Some people would find it useful.

While I can appreciate your point, we have already tried this. Good ideas and topics are being continually buried by the same repetitive post. It's not as simple as "don't read it" because it keeps other good threads from being commented on. Every time someone posts this idea in a new thread, the majority jumps on it and attacks the idea, it becomes controversy, and therefore the thread keeps getting bumped to the top of the list. 

ya know, those threads are also great for postwhoring. new people wanna be bean kings too, eh?

also, while it is repetitive to us, its new to every single new guy posting it. i'd rather give them the benfit of doubt. all that said, i notice myself becoming a condescending grumpy old man at times.

Edited by e47

Serenity now . . . INSANITY LATER!

Ok. That's out of my system.

Sanity sounds like an interesting concept, honestly, but I wouldn't want it in practice either. Does it reflect reality in some way? Would you go insane if you shot someone to survive? Or am I missing the subtleties of a sanity system?

Players get killed. All you can hope for is the chance to get revenge eventually. Or have some kickass friends avenge you!

Adding sanity would in fact, be insane. Horrible, game breaking insanity.

i feel the urge to post insanity wolf pix now. for the love of god, someone close this topic!

haha dude seriously i fukin lol until i cry irl every time i fukin waste thos cunts by emptying an entire 40 round clip in to them hahahhaha

/facepalm :(

@op

Admit, you just needed a reason to post your photo. :P

Edited by Ken Bean

because the game lacks of bandit skins, and you can't tell is someone's a bandit or a super hero, so there's no such thing as hunting bandits right now