SalamanderAnder (DayZ)

Please for the love of god don't add "Sanity."

Lol, If you were paying attention to my post count and join date, you would realize that what you just said is quite silly. I have been playing the mod since it came out also, and I understand the "principles" of DayZ very well. Gimmicks are not part of that principle. Gimmicks are the kind of thing you'd see in WarZ, or some other arcade bullshit. DayZ is not the place for artificial sanity. No way, no how, no thank you.

I'm not even a "bandit" (stupid name for murderers btw, bandits rob people) and I don't want this. I can defend myself just fine thank you.

DayZ is a simulator yes, no? Simulating sanity. There you go GG gtfo and stop being an elitist noob who thinks everything should pertain to SHOOT EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING mentality where everyone has infinite ammo and an aimbot with no spread hack and bullet to head teleportation for instant kills. Oh while you're at it throw in infinite ammo attack jets and indestructable tanks that can RUN over buildings and blow up the entire world as if 50 trillion nukes just hit the ground.

Sanity system can surely prevent KoS while also adding depth into the game. Btw DayZ is just a game. Just face it.

No, it can't. Adding sanity would be a mild punishment compared to the reward a player gets for killing another player. It would NOT stop people from KoS'ing, it would not be "realistic" in any sense of the word - you cannot "simulate" sanity. It's simply not possible. Here's a simple hypothetical for you.

A player tries to kill me with an axe. I shoot him. Now, because the game has zero way to understand CONTEXT, I become the bad guy and suffer "insanity."

It's a bad idea, through and through.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

2 things.

1. The people who makes those posts don't use the search functions. Which is why we're called upon over and over to keep telling them why that's a bad idea and against the DayZ principle.

2. Players who are shot on sight want an easy solution, basically "punish the badguys". It's sad really, and I hate to say but a clear example of "learn to play better".

I don't understand how people are dying all the time, DONT BE SEEN, then you won't be shot. Ooh wait people think it's call of duty, I'll just run through this town hey maybe I should start talking in voice chat and shooting too. Ooh someone shot me, you should punish them. Where do these people get off

• Like 1