Sign in to follow this  
anis_tar

for dayz mod player , what do you love or hate about the SA ?

do you miss anything from the mod ? what is better in the standalone ? 

• Like 1

Well, I am looking forward to tents being implemented again, but I know they will...

Same goes for zeds that not clip through the walls :3

Obviously the map & interface has greatly improved already

+1 for camp (not building the whole base) and tents. Also cooking pots to work.

Everything seems much better in the standalone.

Except for anything and everything related to firearms and shooting.

• Like 2

Miss the tents and cooking. 

I kinda like that loot does not respawn think it makes it more of a challenge. Being able to loot farm from the mod made it rather easy.

Do not miss the zig zag zombies, the new ones are a small improvement but still need work. 

i am missing real environment improvments. grass and foliage that you can actually hide in for example, or grass that doesnt clip through buildings

obviously missing features that are down the line to be added (again) like huntable animals, harvestable veggies (shrooms n pumpin stew would go great with grilled rabbit); vehicles, tents and stashes

environment interaction is lacking, having to take 120 sips over a course of twenty minutes instead of choosing "drink until full" once is not realism but usability failure

there are many little things that i miss, but those do not detract too much from the overall joy and fun. its rough around the edges, there are many palceholders, but you can see the potential already, and it makes me shiver with anticipation :)

there are many little (or some not so little) things that i absolutely love, like the weapon attachment system, the extensive medical system, the degradation/durability system, multilayered clothing as part of the inventory system, the new sky and clouds.. i actually shat on all danger and stood in the middle of NWAF yesterday to admire the sun going up

fhMrksj.jpg

great fun alltoghether

Edited by e47
  • Like 4

well i think its much better then mod. the biggest point is there are way less hacker/cheater motherfucker.

its still an alpha (well the mod was too) but im looking forward to vehicle, getting rid of server hoppers and cb loggers ,crash sites and more but much rarer weapons

Hello kitty noobys teaching us/me what Dayz SA should be and that KOS is really bad.

Edited by metalica24

Enterable buildings really changed the map. item degradation adds a new layer to the game. The inventory is much better. Mele system, though still bad, is a major improvement over the mod. weapon attachments are awesome.

A lot of features from the mod are still missing, like tents, cooking and vehicles. Movement is still as clunky. Some exploits that were dealt with in the mod are back. Also there is always the looming possibility of a hive wipe at any time.

"getting rid of server hoppers"

I was wondering about this?

I finally made it to a military base for the first time and after I looted everything I stopped and said to myself, "whats to stop someone from just quitting and then starting again on a fresh server? Then I got a sad feeling knowing that alot of people are also figuring that this is an easy way to get everything you want. I just couldn't do it, it destroy's everything this game is about.

I hope they can stop this from happening for sure.

I've played a mod where you could climb walls rather quickly. I don't remember the name of the mod. You where able to climb higher fences and walls with it.

I miss tents, road vehicles and hunting/cooking the most. Blood works a lot different in the mod but I miss being on death's door, finding a cow and finally seeing color once again. 

• Like 1