Sir.Jackson

Hey! Complete newbie!

Seen quite a few videos on here after seeing some of my friends on steam where playing it and thought from the videos yea this looks not only an awesome idea but something that I'd be interested in!

Any tips for a complete newbie to this game?

Seen quite a few videos on here after seeing some of my friends on steam where playing it and thought from the videos yea this looks not only an awesome idea but something that I'd be interested in!

rule #1: dont get attached to your gear.

edit: and welcome to DayZ! :)

Edited by e47

I started playing this game over the last few days and it's taken over my life! I've learned alot over the past few days, but yes, don't get attached to your gear & don't get frustrated when you die and lose it all!

Enjoy :)

• Like 3

If you're vewy. vewy quiet and tell people your hunting wabbits, you may just survive this.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Dont think its all like you have seen in the videos. Those are highlights mostly of the "good" side of dayz

In reality only 50% use VOIP and you will die in many stupid ways.

On newspawn, keep your eyes peeled for ground water.  Marshes, lakes, rivers.  And drink until it says you're full.  After that, head inland and you'll likely score some grub pretty fast.  Eat until it says you're full.  After that it's smooth scrounging.  I find I wind up eating/drinking to clear space in the inventory rather than from hunger/thirst.

• Like 2

Yeah, welcome. Head north for food. Don't trust anyone. Don't whinge on the Forum if you don't like it. You were warned

I wrote a guide for new "survivors" specifically for new players to the DayZ SA Alpha and who haven't played the DayZ mod either.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156472-survivors-guide-to-dayz-sa/

Well few days in and I'm hooked!! Fully kitted out died a few times before that but since I haven't love my M4 and it will be a sad day when I die lol

Listen to Jona. Perhaps play the mod first If you want. Its learning curve is slightly smaller.

Otherwise good luck! I hope this game provides you with many adrenaline-packed adventures :D

Sobaka

TYS

Rules

1. Loot

2. Find a weapon

3. Survive 

4. Don't listen to Frankieonpc

5. This is your story, you will learn more yourself in the first 10 mins than watching 10 hours of videos 

ENJOY!!!!

Follow these tips, definitely watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNgTnj9hBE

But no matter what, always remember that everytime you die, you learned something new that will help you survive later on. Try to think "What could I have done to survive longer?" everytime you die, and apply that to your next life. This will keep you from raging whenever you die, and will definitely help you improve.

If someone handcuffs you ..... JUST WIGGLE !!!

(thanks JackFrags for totally putting that song in my head all week !)