Hero of Suburbia

20 Plus Million Dollars Later...

How does this "deserve to know" thing work? 

• Like 2

The generation of entitlement. So sad that this is the community. Hasn't even been out for a couple months. Try being a half life fan...We've been completely abandoned.

• Like 1

I wonder it you think buying a movie ticket, means you can dictate Tom Cruise's work hours too?

If it did (sadly it doesn't) then someone would've made him stop years ago.

• Like 3

I can't even tell you how annoying watching that stream is. ALL DEAN WANTS TO DO is play the game and talk over Brian and Matt who are talking about the game mechanics and the future. Dean constantly talks over everyone and ignores answering questions. Crazy annoying. 

Had to vent....

Annoyed to hear there wont be music from the sound of it. 

Edited by VictorM

Exactly, people keep saying, "let them enjoy the holiday" well how much fucking time do you need off work? I had 4 days...

Lol motherfucker you need to learn how good you have it. These guys aren't EA. They're asking for active community feedback, implementing it, updating the game every 2 or 3 days when they could be on holiday (which, in the world outside of the States is more than 2 weeks a year). The reason they've made $20 mil is because they're good at what they do, and I don't see any time in the near future when that'll change. I played with Rocket on the very first public server of Day Z in early 2012. The way he's interacted with the community has not changed. He's been generous, firm against stupid generic suggestions (back when people thought they could "improve" this game with "balance" - talent trees, NPCs etc.) and open to good advice (and implemented it). 

Go play BF4. Pay $40-$60 more for a mess, and then watch as they actively ignore all community discussion, disable "new" features because they're ludicrously broken and badly designed. Watch as they "fix" issues (like netcode) and then magically the issue is completely unchanged (because, let's face it, it's easier to write a changelog than work on an issue with your core infrastructure). 

The idea that you think you can pay $30 and treat it like your own $20 mil investment to a developer who has proven for 2 years to be good to their word (with little financial profit to themselves) makes you look like a little bitch. You don't go and buy a kettle at Walmart/Target wherever and demand to have public knowledge and daily accounts of the financials on how they're running their business. What world of entitlement do you live in where you think this is acceptable?

Grow the fuck up.

I see maths may not be your strong point but it hasn't been quite 2 weeks as of yet. Regardless of how much money they have taken in a Holiday is a Holiday and time spent with family is bit more important(to some) than that.

If this was 1 or 2 months in and there was no sign of any updates, patches or the like, then it would give some reason to bitch but seriously... Less than 2 weeks and to rage is just showing how completely immature people are or can be. Go outside, have a wank or something. People are uptight for absolutely no real reason at the moment except selfishness and wanting.

There was no updates between December 18 - January 1 thats 2 weeks exactly. I don't know a single job that gives you a 2 week holiday for Christmas/New Years especially if it is a business.

Edited by SageZ

People don't have time to actually watch Rocket's 6 hour twitch stream.

It's easier to come to the forums, complain about a game that's still in Alpha that came with a disclaimer and claim that Rocket has abandoned DayZ to swim through piles of your money like Scrooge McDuck instead of actually bothering to read the massive amount of information that has been released by the dev team and Rocket himself.

He had 2 broadcasts both 20+ days ago, how is that relevant to right now??

Having funds does not magically create the ability for people to work 24/7 to complete a game. It's Alpha, you knew it was alpha when you bought it, it will be alpha for a long time.

Lol motherfucker...

Grow the fuck up.

That is unnecessary. 

Creature, your a dumb founded muppet.

Once already have you been warned for insulting other users. Stop it.

Edited by Inception.

There was no updates between December 18 - January 1 thats 2 weeks exactly. I don't know a single job that gives you a 2 week holiday for Christmas/New Years especially if it is a business.

Plenty of companies do, particularly tech companies. To name a single one-- Adobe. 113925 was released on New Year's Eve, and 113860 was released on the 20th. As shown in the announcements that PhlOgistOn linked to:

http://steamcommunit.../announcements/

16th December - Launchdate

18th Updates

20th Update + Status Update from Rocket http://forums.dayzga...z/#entry1564197

31st Update

last update was 6 days ago...

Adding updates isn't as simple as showing up for work and publishing whatever you accomplished that day. You need to finish a package first. Because this is an alpha, features are added piece by piece to then monitor and determine the effect each has on overall game play and other systems. The goal isn't to just add everything in as fast as possible, they need to make sure it works first. You bought an alpha to hasten that process; that has been made very explicit many times.

As a coder, it always astonishes me when people with no experience in application building procedures think that there is some easily quantifiable way to measure productivity, then blame the developers when one process or another took longer than the timetable they arbitrarily decided on, even if they were told beforehand their expectations were unrealistic. Don't be that person. If Rocket was a lazy worker you wouldn't be playing an alpha of a game he and others worked very hard on. It's incredibly rude to openly lambast someone you don't know for their work ethic, particularly when there is little reason for it.

Edited by Zollicoffer
  • Like 4

Being a game designer myself (3d Modeler, Texturer and Environmental Artist, bit of concept on the side) I know that it takes a LOT of work to bring a product to even a somewhat playable alpha stage, let alone where DayZ Standalone is it (playable, testable).

It's taken hundreds of hours of hard work on their part, with MANY more hours to come, let them at least have some time off for christmas break, then they shall start sweatin' it out again like they always do for the community, I expect no less :)

• Like 1

Exactly, people keep saying, "let them enjoy the holiday" well how much fucking time do you need off work? I had 4 days...

Well, Rocket did go back to New Zealand to see his family.  I'm sure he hasn't seen them in a very long time.  

45% usually are spent for hookers, 20% in alcohol, the rest doesn't naturaly transist into gameplay.

I realize that this is in the alpha stage, but with such rapid sales and inflow of cash I think we as gamers deserve to know what's going on behind the scenes. I.e. more information on updates and ongoing projects that a more specific than; zombies: an ongoing project. Does anyone else agree?

You are playing in alpha stage of a game, it doesn't get much behind the scenes than this...

• Like 1

Well, plenty of professionals have off that long or even more for holidays.  School teachers/professors, for example, have off long amounts of time for winter break and summer break, the US Congress actually takes 1 month off at a time when they take recess, and I know someone that works for Microsoft that has a couple weeks off for holiday break.

So far there holiday is lasting longer than mine did.

If you made 800,000 sales on a promise and some early code you'd take a nice vacation yourself. :P

Totally kidding. Cash != insta-development, the updates will come. Remember that Rocket figures the game will be in the alpha stage for a very long time.

Edited by Hells High

I get 2 weeks holiday at the end of the year plus I have added a another 2 weeks to that from leave that I built up during the year. That's paid holiday for 4 weeks.

Ummm what you said was and I quote " They were out for 2+ weeks and its not like they were working 7 days a week for a year." Don't change your argument to suit you.

And there has been updates and a patch so I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

We here in AU and I'm sure other countries as well, cept for the U.S. have 4 paid weeks Holiday a year for time served working.

It's hard to believe that people think that just because they made 20 mil that they will instantly release a complete game with all the features that you could ever want in it. It is unrealistic to believe that and any time spent doing PR is time away from development.

Get it into your head. Making 20 mil does not mean that they have to do sh*t any faster. It also doesn't mean that they have to tell you any more than they are. Don't demand sh*t because of some arbitrary number, it doesn't work that way.

Yeah if they got 20 mil they have to. We didn't give them money to have a 'holiday break.' things does not goes with promises. Since the game there has been only few fixes which is not working very well. And I hope you guys know what happened to EA about Battlefield 4. I am sorry but I will not be optimistic about rocket team. They are not working like what they should.

If you made 800,000 sales on a promise and some early code you'd take a nice vacation yourself. :P

Totally kidding. Cash != insta-development, the updates will come. Remember that Rocket figures the game will be in the alpha stage for a very long time.

Mate i agree with you. What I don't is it is taking too long to do things. Man as known as 'lazy person' even I am not that lazy..

Mate i agree with you. What I don't is it is taking too long to do things. Man as known as 'lazy person' even I am not that lazy..

Taking too long? The Alpher has only been out 3 weeks... Seriously?

You lot make me laugh, it's Sunday morning and we've just been testing.

it's Sunday morning and we've just been testing.

Devs and all.

Sunday bloody Sundays, no peace for the wicked !

• Like 8