PastorPounder

I can't stand this any longer.

the amount of bitching in this thread is unbelievable, ofcourse the game isn't finished. thats the fucking thing with an alpha. people bitch that there is nothing to do yet, and that is true and i agree on that. but the bitching about all the bugs and bitching about the devs is just insane. in the 2 weeks this game is out we have had 4 patches, 1 of them fixed a major issue (corpses de-spawning) yet people still whine and cry. if you want to whine and cry go stand in a mirror so nobody has to fucking go through watching you bitch. honestly stop the bitching about the game no being finished or go play something else, like the warZ, i mean dayz alpha is more playable then warZ at launch :).

now stop the fucking bitching bitches.

I agree, but it's expected. Anything that gets popular has its forums filled with more garbage than before. More people=more good and bad. I've just stopped checking in lately since it's the same stuff over and over.

Also, Xequinox90 is a blatant troll, stop feeding him. That's part of why these people stick around, people take them seriously and they sit there laughing at how easy people get trolled here.

We were warned , But thats a pathetic excuse 

you remind me of the people that sue a takeaway restaurant because they burned themselves on the hot coffee they drank out of a cup on which it was printed in huge letters "DANGER! HOT CONTENTS!"

• Like 1

you remind me of the people that sue a takeaway restaurant because they burned themselves on the hot coffee they drank out of a cup on which it was printed in huge letters "DANGER! HOT CONTENTS!"

Also, Xequinox90 is a blatant troll, stop feeding him. That's part of why these people stick around, people take them seriously and they sit there laughing at how easy people get trolled here.

dont tell me how i should play my (forum-) game ;)

• Like 1

Guys I must make an observation,

EVERY forums has this issue, I have been part of many forums, and even help run one atm, and I have seen all of this before.....this forum is no worse than any other, this is actually quite tame.

these forums are built for feedback, and that is what is happening. there will always be disagreements, we are human...it's what humans do lol.

so chill out and enjoy them when they happen, have a laugh while you are doing it too!

Well just keep rubbing Rockets pee pee and mumble to yourself that everythings gonna be ok. Seems to work well enough here.

• Like 1

Well just keep rubbing Rockets pee pee and mumble to yourself that everythings gonna be ok. Seems to work well enough here.

Everything will work out hahaahahahaha

Hi all, i played this game for 2 weeks i wont bought it... i just been reading and watching vids since then, and i dont want to expend 1 dollar on this, and i have a excellent reason for that, its  a MOD, this game is not built to work in this way, its improvised and nothing the devs do gonna change the fact they cant touch in ENGINE, they cant change it, this game is like the multplayer mod for GTA trying to make it a MMO, it cant work fine, this is absolutely RIDICULOUS to SELL someone a MOD, they saw the potential for it then put dean to make the merchandising and sell as alpha, this is patethic ppl!, but i can it gonna be a terrible misstake for STEAM for selling this lame, in last interview Dean said they had a big problem, comparing the game with one airplane, where they can put 10 pilots on it but it cant make the plane fly better, what probably gonna happens is that the game will shut down and some DECENT team will make a game like this, starting it from zero, the only way to get money on it were saying this gonna be awesome and selling as alpha, ok its done the job is complete, i dont know till ppl will keep buying some unfinished CRAP, i dont knwo if you guys already played that awesome single player survive game, STALKER, the developers of this game started a new project, the SURVARIUM, that game looks a good game, and they started to sell for 10 dollars the BETA, after ppl play alpha as free!, and it have his own engine, but dayz have a enormous chance to fail, all in this game is improvised... the dev team, the engine, the merchandising, you ppl are wasting so much energy on it, FORGET this game for some time, develipment take a LOT of time, and chances here are not good to get finished... good lucky all

• Like 2

We need to have haters,

otherwise I have no targets

Hi all, i played this game for 2 weeks i wont bought it... i just been reading and watching vids since then, and i dont want to expend 1 dollar on this, and i have a excellent reason for that, its  a MOD, this game is not built to work in this way, its improvised and nothing the devs do gonna change the fact they cant touch in ENGINE, they cant change it, this game is like the multplayer mod for GTA trying to make it a MMO, it cant work fine, this is absolutely RIDICULOUS to SELL someone a MOD, they saw the potential for it then put dean to make the merchandising and sell as alpha, this is patethic ppl!, but i can it gonna be a terrible misstake for STEAM for selling this lame, in last interview Dean said they had a big problem, comparing the game with one airplane, where they can put 10 pilots on it but it cant make the plane fly better, what probably gonna happens is that the game will shut down and some DECENT team will make a game like this, starting it from zero, the only way to get money on it were saying this gonna be awesome and selling as alpha, ok its done the job is complete, i dont know till ppl will keep buying some unfinished CRAP, i dont knwo if you guys already played that awesome single player survive game, STALKER, the developers of this game started a new project, the SURVARIUM, that game looks a good game, and they started to sell for 10 dollars the BETA, after ppl play alpha as free!, and it have his own engine, but dayz have a enormous chance to fail, all in this game is improvised... the dev team, the engine, the merchandising, you ppl are wasting so much energy on it, FORGET this game for some time, develipment take a LOT of time, and chances here are not good to get finished... good lucky all

Dat post 

We need to have haters,

otherwise I have no targets

Am i a target ? , Just becuase i think this game is going backwards ?

You have a point, but it's getting to the point that saying "IT'S A ALPHA!" is a religion. People post suggestions or ask a question and theres at least a few people who tell them to be quiet because it's an alpha.

• Like 1

Yeah, I stopped reading when you said they couldn't modify the engine. They can, and they've changed major parts of it lately.

Yeah, I stopped reading when you said they couldn't modify the engine. They can, and they've changed major parts of it lately.

But have they modified it for the good of the game ? All i see is a worse version of DayZ mod , But! , I do like it and i hope the direction changes now were out of holiday season

They can change basic things, but they never gonna change in the way to put a lots of players playing vs lots of zombies with lots of new things... the max they gonna do is lots of small servers.

The bottom line is that people who are complaining now see that the radical changes that need to be made to make this game meet the expectations of a next-gen, hell even a current-gen title are too big to be reasonably made at the pace current development suggests. This is not something some bugfixing and balancing is going to fix, this is seriously core shit that is being discussed here. It's not like people haven't tested many other games and they never make a big enough change even when starting from a more promising position.

I think we all want the game to succeed and are here for a reason, but concerns are serious. Perhaps a little heart-to-heart with the devs through threads like these will see more of those profits go into actual development, including hiring/diverting a bunch of people to rewrite the rendering and physics of the engine and thinking about that shit now, not a year from now.

Edited by Mookzen

But have they modified it for the good of the game ? All i see is a worse version of DayZ mod , But! , I do like it and i hope the direction changes now were out of holiday season

Yes, actually they have. They completely re-did the client-server architecture, added a clothing system, and re-did AI. All of that was made from sratch. The reason it's looks worse than the mod is because all of this stuff is brand new, and they're still polishing it. They built a foundation. Now, they can use that foundation to build a better game.

They can change basic things, but they never gonna change in the way to put a lots of players playing vs lots of zombies with lots of new things... the max they gonna do is lots of small servers.

Bullcrap. They completely re-coded the entire netcode from scratch, the inventory from scratch, the way objects are handled from scratch, the AI from scratch. They have re-made MASSIVE parts fo the engine. From this point, with a bugger budget from the money they've made from sales, they can do even more.

Edited by colekern

Yes, actually they have. They completely re-did the client-server architecture, added a clothing system, and re-did AI. All of that was made from sratch. The reason it's looks worse than the mod is because all of this stuff is brand new, and they're still polishing it. They built a foundation. Now, they can use that foundation to build a better game.

Bullcrap. They completely re-coded the entire netcode from scratch, the inventory from scratch, the way objects are handled from scratch, the AI from scratch. They have re-made MASSIVE parts fo the engine. From this point, with a bugger budget from the money they've made from sales, they can do even more.

All what you pointed here are simple things to do cloekern, "re made MASSIVE partes of the engine"

are you serious? you are but you are ignorant and dont have any idea of the size of needed changes, a game cant born from another, its like turn GTA into some mmorp or make DOTA be like DOTA 2 from same engine, its not possible even with all money from alpha, as a example i meet you to TITAN, a mmo game made from BLIZZARD since 2007, they stopped the development, erased all work and started from ZERO cause problems in 2013, now do you think this MOD gonna be a game in 1 year, 2 years? no.

Edited by Gronomo

Oh complaining is an ABSOLUTE MUST! but if its not constructive there just wasting everyone's time and are of absolutely no productive value to anyone or this game.

You're not an admin or a mod. If you're going to leave then leave. Welcome to the Discussion Forum . . . where things (important or not) are discussed. Actually just welcome to any forum, where things that aren't important are talked about across the Earth all the time. Thank you for wasting my time thinking this was something important.

I go for a few hours and this topic has been completely derailed.

De-Railed is an understatement , I thaught you were deleting your forum account ?

I go for a few hours and this topic has been completely derailed.

Then why are you back? This really isn't even a topic . . . in your words this a rant.

Then why are you back? This really isn't even a topic . . . in your words this a rant.

All talk and no action i guess ?