Sign in to follow this  
djtronik

These stairs though..

Okay before you're one of the "It's Alpha.." fanboys just chill. I know the game is in a developmental stage, blah blah blah etc. And I love it..

I JUST WANT SOMEBODY ELSE TO SYMPATHIZE WITH ME WHO HAS MERELY JUST BEEN COLLECTING GEAR FOR HOURS AND DOWN THE FLIGHT OF STAIRS YOU GO..DEAD!

These are obituaries for the characters who died to the glitched  stairs of death. 

• Like 1

How about some stairs you can run up, some you cannot.

Also some minor grades 10-15 degrees, being forced to walk up. Okay, Arma2, I get it, you have a soldier with a 80lb load on their back, makes sense. DayZ, you are a dude with a baseball bat, maybe a rifle, some running shoes and some minor survival gear, food and water.

You should be able to run up some of these hillsides and staircases. Maybe when you get enough load it forces you to walk, but when lightly loaded why the fuck can't we run up a hill.

Especially when you're trying to get up there and punch a sniper in the face. Fresh spawn, maybe 2lbs in load between pants shirt and shoes and a flashlight, I am pretty sure you can run up a hillside in trainers.

• Like 1

Regardless of whether you're trolling or not, I'll set aside to answer you. The stairs in various military bases and fire halls.

You should be able to run up some of these hillsides and staircases. Maybe when you get enough load it forces you to walk, but when lightly loaded why the fuck can't we run up a hill.

I quite disagree. At some point of steepness, it is literally impossible to run without falling over. Many of the hills in this game would certainly qualify as that steep.

Yeah just happened to me, walking down stairs in north east airfield jail, boom - you are dead. Sucks, but if I think about all the various ways I died in the mod, I'm not even mad ;)

Edited by Jonson

Regardless of whether you're trolling or not, I'll set aside to answer you. The stairs in various military bases and fire halls.

I don't get exactly what about my question made you think I was trolling, but thanks anyway!

I always die like you, Ryzen. This appened to me 3 times today...in 3 different places.

Anyway it's clear that firehouses are the best falling-with-no-cause place in the whole map. But, if you want to try something new, wait on the last floor of the buildings in costruction...

Or just climb some death ladders!

Never had this problem with stairs.

Ladders is a different story. Anyone tried getting on the roof of (I think it was) one of the skyscrapers or hospitals in that new city they built near cherno? Death Ladders. It's all like "oh cool, wonder what the views like from up here." *climb climb climb* *reach the top* *fall and severely damage yourself* Never died though. In fact shortly after i got enough food, vitamins, cleans and bandaged a wound and I was awarded with a "Healthy" status and most importantly; could see again.

Okay before you're one of the "It's Alpha.." fanboys just chill. I know the game is in a developmental stage, blah blah blah etc. And I love it..

I JUST WANT SOMEBODY ELSE TO SYMPATHIZE WITH ME WHO HAS MERELY JUST BEEN COLLECTING GEAR FOR HOURS AND DOWN THE FLIGHT OF STAIRS YOU GO..DEAD!

These are obituaries for the characters who died to the glitched  stairs of death. 

I do i do , Many of times have my friends died on these feared stairs , Hey it's alpha bro , expect worse than this ( sarcasm , i'm not a fanboy )

dont fall down the stairs. It was even harder in the mod...

I don't "fall" down the stairs. I carefully walk as slow as I can down them. I had zero problems in the mod with stairs.

It's alpha, you just have to laugh when you die stupid ways..... Then rage quit with a slew of cursing which causes your dogs to piss themselves and then throw your keyboard across the room.  >:(

I've run through a metal wall before, fell and broke my legs. I was helpless as the zombies beat me to death.